Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

3.8

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS ALUMINUM!!! Aluminum is linked with Alzheimer's. I loved this foundation but it's not worth that risk! Shame on Armani!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my all time favorite foundation. A semi-matte/yet luminous finish. My skin looks like skin but better when I wear this foundation. My only complaint is that you do need to moisturize well before applying this product. May cling to dry patches. This foundation may not suite those with dry skin. So be careful!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I felt compelled to buy this by the hype that surrounded this new liquid formula - owever the steep prive kept me hesitating for a white.
The formula is water like, that you need to control by a dropper. It is REALLY runny and you have to be fast fast fast in spreading & blending, before the volatile silicones evaporate and the foundation sets.
I normally apply this with my fingers and give a rapid blending with a clean soft kabuki brush.
That said, this is a foundation for good skin days, as it has a sheer coverage.
Of course, you can layer it, however you will still need lots of concealer.

The pros: gives a glowy finish, it feels like a feather to your skin (not heavy in the least), pigments are very forgiving (one shade adapts to various skintones), good for combo skin.

The cons: low coverage, not so easy to apply the dropper is annoying, super expensive, only for good skin days, not good for dry skins (the voaltile silicones will dry it up more).

I also tried the new version issued in 2016 (the one w/ sunscreen) but the result is practically the same.
A good foundation, but surely not my favourite one.

on 3/22/2015 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The shade I got matched with is perfect(4)! There are a few reasons why I wouldn't repurchase though. I have oily skin and this does not stay on long enough. It stays for a few hours then it dissapears. That is a big factor for me considering the price. The formula is nice, it looks very natural, almost too natural. I do need some more coverage than this. I thought it was medium but I would say that its sheer/light coverage. It leaves a slightly powdery feeling which is nice but I look so dry if I set it with powder and that is what I need to do for it to stay more than 1 hour. The bottle is beautiful and I love the dropper. I'm glad I didn't pay full price though.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I bought this after reading about it in an India Knight column. I like it and have bought it a second time already. I will say that I do not wear it during the day at work because air con and heating in an enclosed office seems to make all makeup cakey on me and I stick to the Bobbi Brown Tinted SPF 25 balm - but outside of the office, this stuff is lovely. It's very liquid in texture and looks like my skin, only better. Ive got pretty good skin (a bit red on the cheeks and slightly oily t-zone but no spots .... touch wood!) and don't need full coverage and I'd say it's medium but builds to full coverage easily. It leaves a semi-matte finish (I use it over Le Blamc de Chanel and a Chanel SPF if it's daytime) and I don't need powder at all. I think it cost me about 36 at Selfridges. You do have to blend fast. It comes in a glas bottle with a little pipette but packaging is never a priority for me as I am more concerned with what's inside. Took 1 lippie off because I did try it at the office, but to no avail.

on 11/4/2014 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

If this weren't Armani, I'd probably return it. It's just not so miraculous as the brand and price suggests.

I'm somewhere between 3 and 4, color-wise. 3 is quite pale, 4 is much darker and warmer. The SA talked me into 4 because it looked healthier (and I guess it did), but this oxidizes on me as the day goes on, so I end up appearing quite golden. I'm very neutral, so even if it looks "healthier," I think it looks weird.

If there were a 3.5, I'd be happy. It's fun to use, and elegant. I doesn't make my skin look exquisite, but my skin isn't exquisite. It does feel lovely on the skin. But I wish it matched me better.

I bought Chanel Velvet Matte the same day in Rose Beige. I am MUCH more taken with that majick potion. It's thicker and matches me. To be less subjective, it has a lovelier finish and better coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my new HG! I have in shade #3 (which is slightly lighter than my skin color). The texture is amazing, very smooth. It is well absorbed in my skin. However, I feel that I have to wear a good primer.
In the hot summer, it melts a bit, mostly around the lips and nose.
I have tried several foundations, being this one and MUFE HD the best in my opinion.

on 7/9/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation totally faked me out on the first try. I bought it when it first came out and hated it -- it dried me out and emphasized the dry patches I already had, while looking funky and masklike. It broke my heart because the lightest color was so perfect a match for my skin.

The worst part, though, was the awful little dropper -- after a few uses, the seal wore away and it leaked all over one day, creating a completely unsanitary product that made a mess of my foundation drawer. In my effort to get one more use out of it before I chunked it, I used it again -- this time with a beautyblender sponge instead of my fingers, as I had before.

It turns out that this no-brainer application switch was a total gamechanger for the Maestro + my skin equation. A thinner, more sporadic layer, applied only to trouble spots and over a hefty layer of moisturizer, nicely smoothed things out and looked phenomenal all day. While I'm ashamed of my rookie mistake, I'm also glad that I can now repurchase. (Even though the packaging is still my nemesis, just like the big awkward Luminous Skin bottle. Get it together with the foundation containers, Armani!)

I love this foundation which comes with a broad range of tone selections. I have always been looking for a foundation that is not too white for me and i got number 4.5! Other than that, it is light and long lasting. :)

on 1/26/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It took me a long time to like this foundation. I wanted it for ages before I bought it, but I live in New Zealand and it's not available here (at least I haven't seen it anywhere) so I had to wait and bought it duty free. But for a long time it didn't really work for me. I really liked the concept, and I found it easy to apply and long-lasting and that kind of thing, but it just didn't look that good on me! I spent a bit of time on the internet researching best methods of application and that kind of thing, but to no avail really. I found the coverage too sheer, but worse than that I found it made my skin look a bit ashy. There was definitely no glow. Now it is possible that I just got the wrong shade, but I don't think I did. It seems to match my skin colour pretty well, and I spent a long time with a SA getting the shade right, as I am neurotic about foundation shades. Even so, there was this ashiness.

I know I haven't really justified the four lipsticks yet. Well: I finally found a way of liking this foundaiton, and it is by mixing it with a LITTLE bit of Lancome Teint Miracle. I find that the blend of the two foundations brings out all the things I like about each of them and removes the things I don't like. I love the glow and imperfection-blurring nature of Teint Miracle, but I don't like the thick feeling and the slightly "hi, I'm wearing foundation" look. Those things go when mixed with Maestro. What I get is the sheer, skin-like look of Maestro with none of the ashiness. Just a lovely non-glittery glow.

So while Maestro on its own is not that great for me, together with Teint Miracle I have found perhaps the best foundation ever for me. So on that basis I'd definitely buy it again.