Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Other age: 30-35
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

2.3

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 5/10/2016 5:05:00 AM

The texture of the formula is quite thin and also has good coverage. But since I stopped using it, I noticed that my skin does not get as many spots as it did with using this foundation. I will not buy this product again and am looking for a lightweight foundation for work purposes only.

I heard Charlotte Tilbury's Light wonder foundation is good so I will give that a try.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I buy at least 5 new foundations every year to try...and this one tops the list! For reference I am Asian, golden toned medium skin and I got shade 6.5. My skin is normal to slightly dry (due to Retinol use) and I use moisturizer with SPF underneath the foundation. No need for primer. This stuff floats on then sinks in. I work as a surgical nurse so I wear a face mask at work all day long. Usually my first mask of the day is coated in my foundation (it just transfers right off!) but not with this. THE PIGMENTS STAY all day on your skin and I look just as fresh and even toned after an 8 hour shift as I do when I put it on. I do have to powder my nose once during the day, but that's it. It's super expensive and I can see how the ingredients can aggrevate certain skin types. But it works great with mine. A patient complimented my skin saying that I had the most beautiful skin she's ever seen!! Can't go wrong with that!

After reading all of the bloggers and their ridiculous raves, I say ridiculous because you would think this stuff was holy water that when it was on their faces was the stroke of luck they needed to win the Powerball or something....I finally made my way to the mall of doom (hellacious parking) and tried this out once at the counter and twice more myself from the samples I brought home.

This is not a product I will go back and repurchase...Why you ask? Besides price, being ridiculous--and I will pay for what is fantastic...its just NOT that great. It's been hyped for months now all over the internet, all over the blogs and magazines. But I fail to see WHY. I am really trying to figure out if what these other bloggers reviewed is what is for sale and available to the masses. I didn't get a "press sample" (nor have I ever!) and I am seriously convinced that the press samples they send out are nothing like what actually goes on sale. Because otherwise I would have encountered some kind of miracle water in the Nordstrom Galleria over the weekend and instead I got samples of this crap!

It's supposed to be billed as "not foundation" and be taking the super-natural look to the next step. The way the SA at the counter described it was that it would provide "flawless coverage with a natural skin finish that stays put without needing powder". I have no idea who told this person that would be accurate because it's the furthest thing from the truth.

1) there is literally like zero coverage. Any pigment it has in it settles in any crater, wrinkle, blemish, whathaveyou and will make it look 10 times gnarlier than it already does. My skin is pretty decent if you ignore the area around my eyes. But I looked at least 10 years older and like I had crater face. And I do not generally have crater face.

2) "natural skin finish" in this case is like a grease bomb. It's in a very different formulation than any product out there, an oil base, and I don't believe contains any water. It's PERFECT for super dry skin in that respect. But for me, I looked like a grease ball who needed a shower. It did not work for my skin at all.

3) the only way this stuff would stay on me was with powder, and frankly, I was ok with it NOT staying on me. I looked better without makeup at all.

I don't really have a good shade match in this line (or any for that matter) but I tried it in #2. It was a little too pink for me, despite that color-blind fool telling me how yellow it was. It was not yellow. Compared to other shades in the range, it was yellow-er, but certainly not yellow OR olive.

Besides those issues, the packaging is leaving a LOT to be desired. I get ready at 5am, and I have a hard enough time functioning at that hour without trying to hold a jar of liquid gold. But if I drop that thing, itll shatter all over...and then I am out the 60-something dollars.

Anyway...I think it's a pass. I know, the rest of the internet thinks it's gold in a jar. But I don't really get why. And many of the people posting photos of their supposed "color matches" must be color blind, because they don't look like they match in photos.

Video Reviews & Tutorials