Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

2.9

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 5/10/2016 5:05:00 AM

The texture of the formula is quite thin and also has good coverage. But since I stopped using it, I noticed that my skin does not get as many spots as it did with using this foundation. I will not buy this product again and am looking for a lightweight foundation for work purposes only.

I heard Charlotte Tilbury's Light wonder foundation is good so I will give that a try.

on 5/23/2014 3:19:00 PM

I didn't like this foundation it was to dry for my combination skin and it clings to dry patches. Had little to no coverage It looked patch dry. It was hard to apply really liquidy and messey it gets all over the top of the opening. It applies streaky also no good for oily skin.

on 5/19/2013 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was undecided whether to give this three or four lippies. I DO like this foundations but it is not the holy grail that people claim it it.

Pros: I love the texture, the feel and the way it blends. It is by far the most natural looking foundation I have ever tried. Even at 46 years old I still tend to break out occasionally. I was hesitant to try an oil based foundation but this did not make me break out at all. The color is perfection.

Cons: if I am a little dry and flakey, the foundation emphasizes the dryness. I thought that was pretty strange for an oil based foundation. I evaluate my skin every morning, and if I have some dry spots, I will not use Maestro. The biggest downside is the packaging. I took it with me on vacation, and the air pressure on the plane caused the dropper to pop open. It got all over the rest of my makeup. I returned it and got a new one, but once again the dropper came off (Not on a plane this time) and spilled all over. Some of it got in my sink and it was near impossible to wash away with just soap and water which makes me wonder if it is really washing off my face!!!

So, like every other foundation I have mixed feelings but will continue to use Maestro until something better comes along.

on 1/23/2013 8:50:00 PM

Likes:

Beautiful semi matte finish.

Doesnt settle into fine lines or pores, does not accentuate dry patches.

Unique dry oil texture, but totally non greasy

Seems to last well, though the coverage is so light it can be hard to tell.

Dislikes:

The price. This is far too expensive for what it is. I definitely feel like Im paying more for the prestige of the name and less for the product!

The inclusion of fragrance, bitter orange oil, Linalool, and limonene. All of these have a potential to irritate skin. Bitter orange oil can cause photosensitivity which can cause collagen to break down.

Contains Alcohol denat. There is evidence to suggest that alcohol causes free radical damage, but there are also studies that believe the alcohol evaporates so quickly it has no time to cause any problems.

Contains TONS of silicones. Those who are sensitive will have to skip this.

The sunscreen is 3% Octinoxate. This is a chemical sunscreen that has been known to cause stinging and irritation in those with sensitive skin.

Coverage is very, very light. You can build to a slightly less than medium level of coverage, but those with more than minor skin imperfections will need to do some major concealing.

I think I wouldve given this 3 stars if I hadnt discovered the new Paula's Choice Resist Instant Smoothing Foundation recently. It has an identical finish and better coverage (though it isnt full coverage by any means!). Though I admit it lacks the lightness, longevity, and color selection of Maestro, it more than makes up for it with its lack of irritants (in fact, it is full of proven ingredients that are beneficial for the skin!), and more palatable price tag.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I buy at least 5 new foundations every year to try...and this one tops the list! For reference I am Asian, golden toned medium skin and I got shade 6.5. My skin is normal to slightly dry (due to Retinol use) and I use moisturizer with SPF underneath the foundation. No need for primer. This stuff floats on then sinks in. I work as a surgical nurse so I wear a face mask at work all day long. Usually my first mask of the day is coated in my foundation (it just transfers right off!) but not with this. THE PIGMENTS STAY all day on your skin and I look just as fresh and even toned after an 8 hour shift as I do when I put it on. I do have to powder my nose once during the day, but that's it. It's super expensive and I can see how the ingredients can aggrevate certain skin types. But it works great with mine. A patient complimented my skin saying that I had the most beautiful skin she's ever seen!! Can't go wrong with that!

on 10/23/2012 11:36:00 AM

I thought I needed to write a positive review to balance on the negativeness in the prior reviews. I'm 45 with combination skin. I love this foundation. However, perhaps the reason it works for me is because I apply it over LeMetier deBeaute's anti-aging day cream so my skin is moisturized when it goes on. After I apply the foundation (with my fingers) I use a light coat of what ever powder I have with me. The foundation lasts all day on me and I do not get shine (probably because of my moisturizer which helps reduce shine). I have some light melasma areas on my lower cheeks but I can cover them up by rubbing on a little extra foundation. I personally like this foundation because although I have coverage, it also gives me more of a no make-up look. I can use either 4.5 or 5.5. I also bought the concealer. The concealer is ok but I would not repurchase.

on 9/24/2012 8:39:00 PM

I didn't think it was possible for something to be lighter than Vitalumiere Aqua end still offer coverage. But this is. My sample came in a vial, much like a perfume sample, I wondered why but soon found out. Excellent wear and coverage considering the consistency. Great finish as well. Natural and did not settle into any of my lines (fine or otherwise). Expected it to be drying and feel "tight" but it did not. Was almost so thin that I felt I couldn't apply it with my Shiseido foundation brush.... Did anyone else feel this way? I feared my foundation brush would absorb it all!

After reading all of the bloggers and their ridiculous raves, I say ridiculous because you would think this stuff was holy water that when it was on their faces was the stroke of luck they needed to win the Powerball or something....I finally made my way to the mall of doom (hellacious parking) and tried this out once at the counter and twice more myself from the samples I brought home.

This is not a product I will go back and repurchase...Why you ask? Besides price, being ridiculous--and I will pay for what is fantastic...its just NOT that great. It's been hyped for months now all over the internet, all over the blogs and magazines. But I fail to see WHY. I am really trying to figure out if what these other bloggers reviewed is what is for sale and available to the masses. I didn't get a "press sample" (nor have I ever!) and I am seriously convinced that the press samples they send out are nothing like what actually goes on sale. Because otherwise I would have encountered some kind of miracle water in the Nordstrom Galleria over the weekend and instead I got samples of this crap!

It's supposed to be billed as "not foundation" and be taking the super-natural look to the next step. The way the SA at the counter described it was that it would provide "flawless coverage with a natural skin finish that stays put without needing powder". I have no idea who told this person that would be accurate because it's the furthest thing from the truth.

1) there is literally like zero coverage. Any pigment it has in it settles in any crater, wrinkle, blemish, whathaveyou and will make it look 10 times gnarlier than it already does. My skin is pretty decent if you ignore the area around my eyes. But I looked at least 10 years older and like I had crater face. And I do not generally have crater face.

2) "natural skin finish" in this case is like a grease bomb. It's in a very different formulation than any product out there, an oil base, and I don't believe contains any water. It's PERFECT for super dry skin in that respect. But for me, I looked like a grease ball who needed a shower. It did not work for my skin at all.

3) the only way this stuff would stay on me was with powder, and frankly, I was ok with it NOT staying on me. I looked better without makeup at all.

I don't really have a good shade match in this line (or any for that matter) but I tried it in #2. It was a little too pink for me, despite that color-blind fool telling me how yellow it was. It was not yellow. Compared to other shades in the range, it was yellow-er, but certainly not yellow OR olive.

Besides those issues, the packaging is leaving a LOT to be desired. I get ready at 5am, and I have a hard enough time functioning at that hour without trying to hold a jar of liquid gold. But if I drop that thing, itll shatter all over...and then I am out the 60-something dollars.

Anyway...I think it's a pass. I know, the rest of the internet thinks it's gold in a jar. But I don't really get why. And many of the people posting photos of their supposed "color matches" must be color blind, because they don't look like they match in photos.