Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

4.2

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 11/6/2017 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At application, the high silicone content was evident. It feels oily, but quickly dried and continued to dry. The coverage was light, at best. Within minutes, I had developed dry patches, each with a powdery pigment. Not good. Though 4.5 color seemed lighter than my typical shade in the bottle, it darkened to match my skin at application. Despite my yellow undertone, this "neutral" shade contained a bit to much yellow. While I appreciate the "no fingers in" applicator, it makes it impossible to use with a single hand. Nope, not for me.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Getting ready to purchase my third bottle! Pros, 4.5 color suits me very well and manages to make my skin look nice. It's very thin but has a medium coverage which lasts me 12 hours. Gives a perfected natural look. No enhancing wrinkles. Cons price, and it will enhance dry patches so need to exfoliate and moisturizer well. For me a holy grail. In summer I do mix with maestro glow 4 which is darker and glowier for a summery look.
6/19/17 h
Haven't used this in months as I thought it was too dry for me now, but Loving this all over again as the summer heats up. Wears so well for me, needs no touch up and doesn't melt. Thinking of getting another bottle but if I can get make what I have last I will because as soon as the sun goes down I'll be looking for my next love!

on 11/4/2014 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

If this weren't Armani, I'd probably return it. It's just not so miraculous as the brand and price suggests.

I'm somewhere between 3 and 4, color-wise. 3 is quite pale, 4 is much darker and warmer. The SA talked me into 4 because it looked healthier (and I guess it did), but this oxidizes on me as the day goes on, so I end up appearing quite golden. I'm very neutral, so even if it looks "healthier," I think it looks weird.

If there were a 3.5, I'd be happy. It's fun to use, and elegant. I doesn't make my skin look exquisite, but my skin isn't exquisite. It does feel lovely on the skin. But I wish it matched me better.

I bought Chanel Velvet Matte the same day in Rose Beige. I am MUCH more taken with that majick potion. It's thicker and matches me. To be less subjective, it has a lovelier finish and better coverage.

on 3/7/2014 9:46:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this foundation!
I am just so obsessive about foundations and have spent a small fortune over the years on the search for the perfect one. I live in New Zealand and have to buy this from overseas, so I held off for sometime, as I thought it was not for me. How wrong I was. I bought it as an after thought when in Hong Kong at Christmas, and was just blown away by how fantastic it was. I find the coverage is light-medium and is adjustable, I just pat a little more on any places that need it. I apply it with my fingers and it is fool proof, very quick and easy to get a perfect finish, exactly what a busy person needs.I have a combination skin and the colour stays true and I can't believe such a watery foundation lasts all day and late into the evening with no touch ups-amazing. Packaging is fine, I always shake it well before use, but am wondering how easy it will be to get the last out of the bottle with the dropper when the level gets low. I have already purchased a back up bottle online from the US. I wear shade 5.5, over Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge shade 2, or Hourglass Mineral Primer. I do a light dusting with Edward Bess Bronzer in Daydream (my all time favourite), Nars blush in Deep Throat topped with Hourglass Dim Infusion Ambient blush. High light with Koh Gen Do Aqua Illuminator in Sheer Beige and a quick spray MAC Fix+.
I find this still looks perfect 12 hours later.
Other foundations which I have worn and loved (but not as much as Maestro) have been Armani Lasting Silk, Ellis Faas Skin Veil, and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.
I just hope Armani never stop making this amazing foundation.

on 12/7/2013 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I had absolutely no plans to buy this foundation at the Cosbar in Santa Fe - I was perfectly happy with the cream stick foundation I had been using. I had been reading about it, so I decided to see how it felt. OMG! It felt like silk. My sister and I each bought a bottle of #3. We tend to go light, reason: we never see anyone whose foundation is too light, but we often see women whose foundation is too dark or orangey. We are both natural redheads, so we are fair-skinned, but makeup artists and store clerks always want us to go darker, when they themselves looks like they are wearing orangey masks. What is up with that?! Some are such beautiful girls, but so heavily made up and artificial looking. As some other reviewers have indicated, a little goes a very long way. In fact, it's amazing that something so light and gossamer can improve one's appearance so much. I simply use some (not all) of the makeup that clings to the dropper when I pull it out of the bottle. It stays on well, even in the New Mexico summer heat...even through Zumba class. I had been using cosmetic sponges with my cream foundation, but with the GA foundation, i use my fingers to quickly spread it around. It is possible to build coverage on undereye areas by lightly patting then blending some extra there. The foundation has a very nice finish. Now that I am older, I always always use moisturizer, day and night, and I have been using L'Oreal's Miracle Blur (when I remember!) as a primer. It doesn't interfere with makeup application. Sometimes I might use blush after I have allowed the foundation to "set". I bought my bottle 5 months ago and I'm pretty sure that I've only used 1/4 of it, so even though it's pricey, it lasts. I steal peeks at myself in the mirror while I drive to work. Damn, I look good!

Love this product, definitely my new HG in Foundation and I have used a lot and I mean really a lot of foundation brands over the years. This one is, until now, the best if you like a no make up make up look and feel.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The Lexus of liquid makeups. Smells a lot like alcohol but doesn['t seem to dry out my skin (which is very dry). The color is great, coverage is great..... and you can make it heavier or lighter. Lasts all day with a minor fix for oiliness midday.... (not serious, just a little). Love this makeup, after having used powder mineral stuff for years.

on 4/10/2013 12:16:00 PM

There aren't too many reviews out there for this product from women in my age bracket; ahem..59, so here goes. I was exceedingly curious to try this after all the hype. It was tricky to buy online but I took a risk and bought what I thought would be slightly dark. I was wrong - I bought the #5 and the color is perfect. I am a light, blue eyed blond for reference. My skin tends to be somewhat normal to normal/dry. Nothing too extreme in any direction. I listened to many of the reviewers (as well as on other sites besides this one) and took the advice to not use a primer first - which I normally always do and to apply it with your fingers - which I never do normally. The product IS very thin and runny, I honestly just "roll" the dropper across my face and that seems plenty to cover my whole face. You do have to blend quickly and I do let it 'set' a minute or 2 before I apply any blush. And I don't use any powder like I do with other foundations. I really like the finish - more natural than anything else I've tried. If you're looking for a lot of coverage or moisture, this isn't it. I think it will work best in summer. It's not as budge-proof as Erno Laszlo's Shake-it, but it comes close. It just makes you look like your skin is a lot better than it is, IMO. And no annoying transference onto your clothes. I would probably buy again, we'll see how it fares after this summer is over.

on 11/3/2012 3:27:00 PM

I read the reviews on this and they sounded glowing. I am always looking for that fountain of youth and hoped I would find it. First, doing the research to find the correct shade is a challenge, but there are a lot of good sites out there. Next, I had to wait ages for the produce due to heavy demand, so my hopes continued to be uplifted. When it did arrive, I liked the idea of an eyedropper, you can get just the right amount. I put 3 drops in my palm and made dots on my face and was amazed at how beautifully it blended. After about 5 minutes you do see a difference and the coverage lasts all day. But, it is not a fountain of youth, it is too expensive and I sent it back. I got it in 4 and it is a good shade for my blond hair, blue eyes, fair complexion. Maybe 5 would have been better, but I did like 4. I think this is perfect for younger women. I will stick to my favorite but will always continue to be on the lookout for the one that will transform me.

on 9/30/2012 11:00:00 AM

This foundation is the best. I goes on very well and is very easy to apply. I use my fingers since it is so light and it settles well. Love the feeling and you can apply more if you want more coverage in areas. Stays on well though out the day. Does not settle into lines and leaves my complexion looking so smooth. I am in my late 50's and have somewhat dry skin in certain areas and combination in other areas and have had no problem with this foundation. Just love Armani foundation's. Great product and will buy again.