Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

Filtered by age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had wanted this for a long time and bit the bullet when I realized my Lancome Nude Miracle was discontinued. I love an eyedropper liquid-to-powder foundation, and this is a good one. It is spendy, but if you buy foundation once a year, why not. I love how it feels on the face. I can see what people mean about "flatness" but I can use a bronzer and feel fine.
I got this at the start of summer and was nervous it would be heavy once I put it all over, but it is still super light. It is a MSBB for me as well. I got shade 5.5.
I doubt it will travel well, but I can use something else on trips. This is great for everyday.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I felt compelled to buy this by the hype that surrounded this new liquid formula - owever the steep prive kept me hesitating for a white.
The formula is water like, that you need to control by a dropper. It is REALLY runny and you have to be fast fast fast in spreading & blending, before the volatile silicones evaporate and the foundation sets.
I normally apply this with my fingers and give a rapid blending with a clean soft kabuki brush.
That said, this is a foundation for good skin days, as it has a sheer coverage.
Of course, you can layer it, however you will still need lots of concealer.

The pros: gives a glowy finish, it feels like a feather to your skin (not heavy in the least), pigments are very forgiving (one shade adapts to various skintones), good for combo skin.

The cons: low coverage, not so easy to apply the dropper is annoying, super expensive, only for good skin days, not good for dry skins (the voaltile silicones will dry it up more).

I also tried the new version issued in 2016 (the one w/ sunscreen) but the result is practically the same.
A good foundation, but surely not my favourite one.

on 9/28/2015 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love is foundation! So natural looking. Warning, if you have any dry spots, then the foundation will highlight. I wear color 5.5 is Luminous Silk but 6.5 in Maestro. Kind of wish the bottle had a pump or some other kind of dispensing method as the little dropper is awkward. I find that I shake it up really well, and then sort of wipe the stick part of the dropper on my face. I'm probably using much more than necessary doing it this way, but I keep doing it. Lol.

on 5/16/2014 12:40:00 PM

I like it very much. It is good for my combination skin. It does not cover as make-up, but has a natural look and this is what I like. It is perfect for summer time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have wasted more money than I even want to think about for the perfect foundation. I have oily/large pores/uneven skin. Makeup always wears off in patches, oxidizes, or just looks globed on. (Attractive picture, huh?)
I tried this when my salon quit carrying Trish Mcevoy. I was sceptic all with the price and with the money I have wasted previously. Let me tell you.... I love this foundation. Repeat: love it. Doesn't take a lot. Easy to apply and smooth out. Makes my face look naturally even--- which is saying a lot. My first favorite foundation. Worth every penny.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have incredibly dry skin and I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It provides medium coverage and looks like bare skin. It wears well on me throughout the day. The only issue is if I have some really dry patches, it can cling to them, but every foundation does that.

I read this described as a powder foundation for people whose skin is too dry to wear powder foundation and I truly have no idea what that's supposed to mean. This doesn't look like my skin is powdered. It looks like I'm not wearing anything at all. I've seen people apply it with a brush, but I get the best results with my fingers. It is very runny, but the little dropper makes for easy dispensing and keeping the product sanitary (unlike the L'Oreal Magic Nude foundation which is an ungodly mess to try and dispense).

I'm not crazy about the round bottle just because it doesn't play well with the rest of my makeup storage. But it is a heavy glass bottle and quite resilient.

The only problem for me is that I was color matched at a counter to a shade 5.0 and it's way too dark for me. I'm NW15ish and I will admit that I love this foundation enough to make it work. I'll either wear a scarf and long sleeves in the winter or I'll bronze my neck in the summer. I would love to try a lighter shade, but at this price point, I will finish this whole bottle before I do that.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

well I got the Giorgio Armani Fusion Makeup in color 4. Colors a good match but not sure on the makeup. I literally just put it on with some powder. It feels really silicony when you first put it on. Then it fads and the coverage is buildable and once you add some powder feels very light and like its not there. The feel is really nice once it soaks in a bit. Wears well on me. Works well with my medium oily skin and the heat.
Worth trying out.

on 8/15/2013 5:42:00 PM

I have been using Maestro (#4) for nearly a year now. Instead of using tinted moisturizer or bb cream on those days I just want casual makeup done, Maestro is now my only go-to. It doesn't have full coverage but glides on smoothly and is buildable. I use Lasting Silk for work and compare to that, Maestro feels lighter and more silkier. The only complain I have is the packaging of the bottle. I once traveled with it on a long haul flight and decided not to keep it with me in the carryon. When i got to the destination, was surprised to see that the top of the rubber dropper was split in half and the foundation drenched the ziplock bag. Overall, one of my favorite foundations of all time! Works real well in humid and hot weather.

on 8/9/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

In the last year my skin went through some crazy (probably hormonally induced) changes and as a result, I was literally swapping foundations monthly... My staple used to be Bobbi Brown, NARS, YSL, Chanel, MAC, but they just weren't cutting it for me anymore. My skin would be ok for a while, then I would either get allergies and dry skin, or super-clogged pores, or the whole thing would just slide off my face within hours. A year ago when I tried Maestro, I thought - nothing special.

Well, that changed and I am not sure if it has to do with my skin, or just the fact that this time around, I tried it properly.

Key facts:
1) Yes - if your skin is dry, it will accentuate the dryness. Good news, if you let it settle for 10-15 minutes, it will be less noticeable, but I agree that this is best for someone with normal to combo skin (too oily skin might have an issue with silicones)
2) It CAN be layered. You just have to wait for the first layer to dry, before reapplying.
3) It is a "fussy" foundation initially, but over time if you figure how to "work" it, you will be applying it without any issues (BTW, finger is the best method, but you can softly buff afterwards if you like)
4) If it does work for your skin type, the finish is AMAZING. It is truly the only foundation that is undetectable, no matter how much you put on, but your face is enhanced.
5) Colour range is very forgiving. I use 4.5 as I love my foundations yellow, but I could've easily gone with a peachier 4 or even 5. It does blend well with your skin tone providing you are not off by several shades.

On me, it does last a long time, and I don't use primers. But, what I found to work exceptionally well under this is Clarins' Beauty Flash Balm. It hydrates the skin enough for the flakies not to show and it also prolongs the life of the foundation. Even in the humid summer and my face getting oily, I get a decent wear out of this one.

Is it my HG? Close. Not yet as I agree in order for the foundation to be HG it would have to be error-proof (which this isn't at least not right off the bat), but as this point it's fairly close. I do know that once you start using this one (providing it starts working for you) it will be very difficult to move back to "standard" foundations. If I try to put something else on now, it just looks so artificial and made up, no matter how light it is.

Note that there may not be a light enough version for some folks in this one, especialluy if you are on the yellow spectrum of the shaded. 4.5 is the lightest and it suits me (NC 25), but if you are lighter than that and yellow, you may have a difficulty finding the perfect shade.

on 7/23/2013 9:35:00 AM

LOVE IT.

it seems you put oil on the face but it dryes in a istant. Ingredients are not soo healthy for the skin and I really hope they can come up with a more natural product or using better solutions in the future since they are products we put on our face and still they are soooo expensive.

It gives you a total natural look and it seems you don't wear make up cause it melts with your skin so naturally.

I am fair and I got the number 5, perfect match. There are sooo many colors, also for women with dark skin.

You just need few drops and you are ready! I heard you tube reviews complain set in the pore making look bigger, honestly I haven't notice that, at least not more than other fundations.

I don't think they can come up with a better packaging because of the nature of the product, it's too liquid to put in a pump. No allergies or reaction so far.