La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP

La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP
Lipikar Baume AP

4.9

AQUA / WATER BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER GLYCERIN NIACINAMIDE CYCLOHEXASILOXANE PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL CETEARYL ALCOHOL BRASSICA CAMPESTRIS OLEIFERA OIL / RAPESEED SEED OIL AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE PEG-100 STEARATE CERA MICROCRISTALLINA / MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX GLYCERYL STEARATE PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE PARAFFIN SORBITAN TRISTEARATE DIMETHICONE DIMETHICONOL DISODIUM EDTA CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE XANTHAN GUM PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL

on 11/25/2017 10:32:00 AM

Repurchased. Visibility calms my red itchy skin on arms (lichen planus). I prefer to buy the pump rather than the tube. The pump bottle is 400 ml. Seasonal offering is a free tube of Lipikar Syndet AP cream wash (100 ml) with a decorative "kid appeal" animal head on the Baume. Currently available in Shoppers Drug Mart stores in Canada. The set is $33.00 cdn. I will continue to buy both products.

I also like the LRP Syndet wash and is gentle enough for my face.

I do like the A-derma Omega cream (reviewed) but the tube has been repackaged and it takes effort to squeeze out.

EDIT to add. My package had a $4.00 coupon. Check your package if you are buying a limited edition set.

This stuff is liquid gold! This lotion isn't too thick, it's not greasy or sticky, it's non-scented, and it melts right into the skin. It soothes and hydrates my skin more than any other lotion I have tried.

I had a small rash on the back of my hand for a few months that would not go away unless I put hydrocortisone on it... until I bought this! My rash started to disappear as soon as I began using this lotion. I also bought the Lipikar Stick AP+ to apply on my hand throughout the day and it works great.

An amazing bonus is that I don't get razor burn anymore if I apply this lotion after shaving! I've always had to deal with irritation, itching, and bumps after shaving no matter what regimen of exfoliation, shaving cream, oil, Tend Skin, Bikini Zone... etc. I tried. This stuff has taken care of that problem.

I will repurchase this over and over.

Great product, does what it says.

It is great for any skin, deals great with dryness. Does not cause any irritation on the skin, on the contrary it improves the skin's condition and texture. No intense fragrance which is a plus for me. It absorbs quickly enough considering the immense moisture it offers. And all these at an unbeatable price. Even if it were a more expensive product I would still buy it.

It is a "holy grail" item for me, because it is very effective for any skin issues or sensitive skin. Especially after waxing it helps and soothes my irritated skin. After waxing I always had trouble with my skin, but this product has truly saved me.

Most effective-simple product I have tried.

on 9/12/2017 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This thing is pure sorcery and magic. I'm not one to splurge on expensive moisturizers as I thought they're pretty much equal. I was using whatever was on sale at the drugstore before but during my accutane course, my doctor recommended this. I wasn't going to buy it because I thought I could manage with my regular lotions. I started getting chapped SHOULDERS - like dry, cracked, itchy, flaky shoulders and elbows. Such a weird place to experience dryness. I took the plunge and bought this. After one use, the itching was soothed and the cracks were healed. I was amazed! Days of slathering on my other cream did nothing compared to this. I use this after showering on the areas that need heavy duty moisture care and a cheaper lotion for less needy areas. This is thick and has a balm-like cream texture. A little surprisingly goes a long way. My only gripe is that it was pricey - came up to $37 CAD with tax at Shopper's. But if you have dryness/other skin issues with no relief from other creams, this is well worth every penny.

on 8/25/2017 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Seriously, what is in this thing?! This stuff is amazing and a total miracle for dry and sensitive skin. I use it on my face morning and night. It has taken away dry flakes, irritation and itchiness from reaction to other skin care products, environement factors and just general sensitivity. Gives a great glow to the skin. Only costs 9 dollars at Shoppers Drug Mart for a 75ml. Can use this product on face, hands and body. I have stopped using other skin care products, skin seems to just love this.

I don't actually have dry or particularly sensitive skin, but Lipikar AP balm is the only body moisturizer I use. It's just that good! It has proven ingredients, no fragrance (not that I'm opposed to fragrance in skin care, but most times it's just a cheap smelling fragrance and clashes with perfume) and goes on smoothly. While it feels almost like butter out of the bottle, it literally melts into skin after a very short while and there isn't a greasy layer or anything that prevents me from getting dressed or making me stick to my sheets. This doesn't irritate or cause breakouts anywhere. I don't use it every day either, mostly because I'm lazy and I'm convinced the moisturizing and softening effect lasts a day or two (I tested it by applying on just one leg), and also survives a couple showers (btw, I also use the Lipikar Syndet AP, which works well for me). Lipikar AP balm is the only LRP body moisturizer that I like, though, I've tried the other ones and while they are moisturizing, they are too slick and never absorb (Iso-Urea) or heavy (Lipikar milk). Lipikar AP balm is the among the very few of body products I've repurchased because I like how they perform (the short list: Biotherm Lait Corporel and Kanebo/Sensai Cellular Performance Body Emulsion *end of list*) and wins over literally everything else I've tried, low-end or high-end.

on 6/24/2017 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product hydrates my skin like no others. The texture is balmy which may feel a bit heavy at first but it sinks in nicely without residue, even in European heatwave. This keep my skin moisturized for the whole day (even up to 48 hours) and makes it super soft. I sometimes get irritation from dryness during the change of season and this helps a lot. It didn't help when I got allergic reaction from some fertilizer used in a field close from our place, but it's amazing otherwise.

I always get the pump bottle which is very convenient until you're running low and the pump wouldn't dispose anymore because the texture is a little thick. That ends up having a lot of hitting the bottom of the bottle into floor and whatnot.

I use this for my whole body and the 400ml pump bottle would last me 2 months with once a day application.

on 5/15/2017 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This stuff is fantastic! It's the best body moisturiser I've ever used!

I have sensitive, dry body skin -my face is strangely combination to oily- and it sometimes feels itchy!
This stuff hydrates my skin intensively and doesn't irritate my skin whatsoever!

I already stocked up on this stuff with Boots's buy one get one deal and will continue to buy!

on 4/30/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Lipikar Baume recently got a reformulation (AP+) and I'm so very, very relieved that it is no less effective than the old AP version! When I got wind of its impending dc/reform I stocked up for the apocalypse - it was seriously worrying because it has been the only product that controlled unbearable eczema-like itchiness, including prescriptions, at least for me. The itchiness was sudden, intense, and, having pretty much low-maintenance skin (on the body) all my life, frankly, really scary. There is even footage of me at a conference squirming in my seat, trying to surreptitiously scratch my back against the chairback. Lipikar Baume changed all that - relief is instantaneous and profound. So soothing and moisturizing and most importantly for me, NO ITCHINESS. FOR HOURS. At first I was applying this up to three times a day, all over face and body, but now, a year and half later, I can maintain results with once daily and sometimes even skip a day or two. I still have inexplicable flare-ups once in a while but this cream stops them dead. I don't really see or feel a difference between the AP vs AP+ versions, the newer one having a new strain of the microbacterium (Aqua Posae Filiformis). I tried to slog through some clinical papers on this microbacterium to try to understand how it was different/helping but, whatever, ultimately, my feeling boils down to... it's still just as miraculous, thank the gods!

on 3/25/2017 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely sensitive, dry, flakey skin, especially in winter. I've tried everything: drinking more water, fish oil, humidifying the air, luke warm showers, lotions, creams, etc. This is by far the best product I have ever used. In particular, one problem I have always experienced is dry skin flaking off into my clothing; nothing has EVER helped with this issue. But this cream has reduced the problem by 90%. I honestly never thought that would be possible. It is perfect for my sensitive skin; there nothing in it that my skin reacts to. It has a very nice texture and feels great on. It also cleared up red patches of eczema on my upper arms (another product that worked for me on that area was Cerava SA lotion, but I much prefer this La Roche Posay cream). Highly recommend for sufferers of chronic dry, flakey skin.

Popular Lotions / Creams