The Body Shop Shea Beautifying Oil

No Image

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Dicaprylyl Carbonate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil (Emollient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate (Antioxidant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Butyrospermum Parkii/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Antioxidant), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 11/28/2016 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Winter is coming and I've loaded up on quite a few body oils and showering oils, including this lovely little treasure from The Body Shop. I got several of them in one of the pre-Christmas "we're practically giving stuff away) sales. I was actually a bit surprised by how small the bottle is but compared to Aveda's Beautifying Oil (which is NOT for use on the face), this seems a real bargain. I love how it feels on my legs and my upper arms. I've not yet used it on my hair (I have a number of specific hair oils and other leave in treatments for that) and I don't think I'd use it on my face (I've got facial oils too) but for my poor, parched, winter-dried legs, this is delightful. The smell (which on TBS's site is described as "nutty") is not nutty at all; it's the same smell as the Shea Body Butter - that soft, powdery and relaxing scent, which I happen to like very much.

on 5/7/2016 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It works really good on the body, giving a nice scent and hydrating without taking too long, but as for the hair, I'm not convinced. I'd only applied two drops and instead of making my hair look shining and healthy, it makes it oily and filthy. I am not sure about the effects on the face, because it takes time to absorbs but doesn't really give the moisture I am looking for this oil. Not that I expect a lot, but it actually works only on the body. I love the scent though.

on 6/1/2014 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've always found Body Shop's Shea line the most moisturizing of their lot and this one is no different. Quite moisturizing and what's great about this oil is that it's fast absorbing, non greasy and best off, smells delish. It says it can be used on body, face and hair. Well I've only ever used it on my body - no interest to try it on my face and hair as there are other products that I love for that- and have been pleased that it works well on my super dry legs. Maybe even better that Garnier's beauty oil.

I would have preferred a spray pump though just because it would make it easier/safer to travel or prevent too much from spilling out during application . The one thing I don't like though, is the price! RM58 for 100ml is ridiculous. That's the one thing that would stop me from repurchasing unless there's a sale.

on 3/18/2014 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Absolutely love this product. I find the body shop items actually do what they claim to on the packaging. This is a very light oil with a pleasant scent that will keep your skin moisturized and soft. I use it after my serum and regular moisturizer to seal everything in. It keeps my skin soft and supple all day or night, even after showering. I have used it on my face with no issues, and in my hair after my leave in conditioner to seal in the moisture. It keeps my ends from frizzing and adds softness. Excellent product and will always buy again

on 9/24/2014 4:29:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought this oil based on all the positive reports on using oils on hair, body, face. Looked at Nuxe, but didn't like the scent.

Body:
This oil smells amazing. It moisturizes really well, and makes my skin look great.

Hair:
So far I have not dared try it on my hair, as it is so fine and gets oily really quick. I will try it sometime though.

Face:
I have other products I like for my face, and am scared I will break out. Maybe in the winter when I need a lot of extra moisture. Though I have used it on the tender skin on my chest and neck with no problems, just positive effects.

Packaging:
Not the best, and not for travelling.

on 4/2/2015 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I used this as a tanning oil (with sunscreen underneath, don't worry), and it was awesome for the summer. However, I have pretty oily skin so this just doesn't work for me unless I'm only going to wear loose clothes and shower right after. Smells really nice.

on 11/22/2012 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

First of all: the package is BAD. The testers in the stores have a spray top. Wish they would put it on the bottles they sell, as well.

I like this stuff. My fav TBS scent is shea. This oil also has the lovely subtle scent of shea. I have used it on the ends of my hair and on my hands. I'm not sure I want it on my face since it contains so much perfume.
I'm not sure what other uses it has. Maybe i'll use it after shaving my legs or even as a shaving oil.

on 6/22/2013 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I adore the scent of this. I have dry skin with some issues such as psoriasis and eczema. This is not really moisturizing enough for these issues but when my skin is not acting up it's great to use at night. I use it on my arms, legs, feet and wipe the oil residue from applying into the ends of my hair. It smells heavenly and amazing for bedtime, I don't use it during the day just too messy and oily to apply. The bottle is a bit difficult to work with and it can get everywhere so I put only a little at a time in my hands for application and this helps. Seems to work best on my feet, really softened them. Would repurchase.

on 2/13/2014 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair and skin and scent - this covers it all.

I take this everywhere as an all purpose product, it even works to take off mascara, buff up black leather boots and to quieten a squeaky hotel bed head!

I'm not sure how many bottles of this I've purchased but quite a few. Its always by my bed and in my travel kit (transferred to a safer bottle though!) to be used as a frizz tamer, leave in conditioner, skin balm, moisturiser and bath oil!

The only draw back it the little snap lid which, typical of its type, ultimately fails to keep the bottle closed and the oil inside! I always decant this oil to another bottle to travel with.

on 4/30/2013 10:39:00 AM

I love this product!
It goes in to the skin really well, and it make the skin glowing and soft.
My husband said it made me smell like a cookie (in a good way).
I'm allergic to nuts, so I was a bit worried that I'd might react to it, but so far so good.

Tried to use it in my hair, but it made my hair look really greasy.
Don't think I'll attempt to put it on my face as I'm afraid to react to it.

Popular Body Skincare Products