Serge Lutens Une Voix Noire

3.5

Sweet berry, white floral flavored (tuberose, Jasmine, gardenia) oriental. Very gentle on sweetened tobacco. Not dark enough to be one of the honeyed Carmelized SLs. Dab. Don't spray.

Not my type of fragrance, but pretty, well composed. If you are a love of white florals, you should certainly sample. I can certainly imagine this layered with another Lutens to emphasize the base notes.

Exciting opening of fruity gardenia, adds face powder, fades into gentle white floral. It is still there vaguely the next morning. The opening is very different-- and then the addition of not powder (I HATE powder), but something cosmetic and close to powder. The ending is not nearly as interesting. I think it is well named. If this was already in my collection, I would reach for it from time to time, but... probably not going to buy it

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love it. the first 5 minutes it's very similar to tubereuse criminelle without the menthol then it turnes into a gardenia coffee, 10 minutes later the coffee gives place to tobacco and rum , 30 minutes later they give place to plum and spice and the whole concoction turns metallic, after that the metallic note fades and all the others reapper, turning this perfume into a soft and creamy gardenia delight.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Beautiful fragrance that quite literally took me by surprise. The gardenia is nice, but it is overpowered, in my opinion, by the tobacco, which is so realistic that it smells almost as if you've been in the company of smokers in a bar. The rum is faintly discernible to my nose. Dry down is nice, soft and soothing. Just have to get past the strong tobacco smell in the opening. Overall, if you're a gardenia lover, this is full-bottle worthy, albeit expensive as it only comes in the bell jar. I'm not usually a lover of gardenia, but this rendition is somewhat subdued, but very realistic at the same time. Gorgeous.

Popular Fragrances