Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant +

Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant +

3.1

on 12/18/2017 9:27:00 PM

I bought this and then read the reviews after purchase. Ive had skin problems the last few months with adult acne (Ive never had acne in my life) dry, itchy skin and redness and loads of fine lines. I put this down to me falling into a youtube rabbit hole of skin care videos and trying out 'holy grail' products which were anything but!
Someone recommended rosehip oil and when I saw my local chemist sold an antioxidant version I bought it instead of the original.
Came home, read reviews here and had instant regret, at nearly 40 euro this isnt cheap and I wasnt going to let it go to waste. Reluctantly I tried it thinking if I notice any negative reactions ill quit it immediately so I held off reviewing until I finished the bottle.

I have to say this worked magic on my skin. I don't think it helps elasticity or firmness so next time Ill go for the skin balancing one but overall it hydrated my skin, calmed down redness and even cleared up my acne and the scarring that had been left behind from previous monster breakouts. After months of problems my skin was finally manageable again within days of using this oil.

It's one downfall for me is that it doesnt last long enough, the bottle was empty in under a month and I wasn't exactly slathering it on either, I only used it once a day in the mornings.

My skin generally takes very well to oils so maybe this is why I didnt take any awful reactions?

I will buy this again, it's worth it for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product for so long I can't even say exactly. I use this every night (sometimes in the morning too) with my Paula's choice moisturiser and my cortas rose water spray/toner. the combo of the rose water with the rosehip oil is magical. I stopped using it once for a couple of months and noticed the difference immediately when I started back up with it. I haven't looked back. This is a staple in my skincare regimen and will continue to be.

on 11/5/2016 5:45:00 AM

I had been using plain rose hip oil for maybe 2y and was v happy with it. My skin is dry to combination and prone to being sensitive on my cheeks. I tried this and it caused a terrible flare up of bumps cysts and redness with just a few days use. I don't have acne or rosacea by the way.

In fairness, trilogy sent me out a bottle of plain rose hip oil to replace it but sadly my skin continued to react and I had to abandon rose hip oil completely.

So caution for those prone to sensitivity.

on 10/24/2016 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Beautiful texture - lighter and finer than most oils.

However - not compatible for my sensitive skin.

After a few days of use, I started to develop cysts in places I never usually breakout.

on 7/27/2016 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Ever since I started using this oil my skin has a beautiful glow all the time! I've used many other face oils before, including high end products and just my typical extra Virgin olive oil from the pantry. This one has stood out a little more to me than the others in terms of the results I'm seeing. I have to mention though; previously I would apply oil before my serum and moisturiser and was told it works best as the last step - and I have to agree. Always place my face oil last if you use it in combination other night time products. It's a very good formula!

on 5/18/2016 2:25:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This product ticks all the boxes for me. I used it morning and night under moisturiser (even used it alone a few nights when staying on a marae and not wanting to pack my entire bathroom), and also alone if using BB or CC cream. It's light but penetrating, and made a visible difference to my skin tone and texture.

If you are considering an oil to supplement your usual skincare routine, I highly recommend this one.

on 4/17/2016 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination skin and no sensitivities. I have gotten my skin into a great condition with vitamin A and C but as I age its becoming a bit drier. I added the Trilogy Rosehip oil to my regime a few years ago and use it at night on top of my more active serum as a moisturiser. I place 3 - 5 drops (more in winter or when my skin feels a bit dry) in my palms and then press into the skin. It feels very nice and moisturizes my skin well without causing any spots. If my skin is very dry I can use this during the day without it disturbing my makeup but I rarely need it. I finish a bottle every 5 - 6 months so the price per use is great.

I had been using the Trilogy Rosehip oil for years and an SA suggested this one might be a nice boost. I should never have messed with a good thing - I find the plain oil to have a nicer scent and texture. The rosehip oil does a bit nicer in terms of sinking in and pluming up my skin and it is cheaper per ml than this version. Now this oil isn't bad and performs very closely to the original and I like it more than other rose oils I've tried but I don't think the added ingredients (the plain is literally just rosehip) actually improve things for me. I gave it a 4 because it is a nice oil but I wouldn't recommend this - if you want rosehip oil the original trilogy is cheaper and more pure and if you want an antioxidant there are more effective serums that can be used under other oils. It is nice enough to finish the bottle but I will definitely be going back to the plain rosehip and would not repurchase this.

on 4/1/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

No to this product ..... It gave me horrible blackheads because it clogged my pores. Do not be deceived by the brightening effects, this product will destroy your skin.

Oils are the way to go for mature skin. They penetrate more effectively than a cream and don't drag skin on application. As a qualified beauty therapist and a skin and make up addict I love this oil. I have always used neals yard oils until trying this one. It is a fabulous product in strengthening the skin and reducing creepiness around the eyes. I have seen a reduction in fine lines and an overall plumpness. I apply it at night after cleansing. This mature lady wil be re purchasing.

on 9/24/2015 7:36:00 AM

I bought this while in Australia, before I had read the reviews on here. I was mildly concerned about some reports of people breaking out in what they describe as 'cysts' on their faces and necks but as I am not prone to dramatic breakouts like this, I didn't think it would be a problem and was looking forward to the line reducing effect described by some.

I was so wrong! After 3-4 weeks of alternate-day use, I was also breaking out in some of the most severe and strange cysts/boil-like eruptions on my cheeks and chin. I have never known anything like it. I swear one of them had its own heartbeat.

I was using the oil as a serum i.e. after washing my face in the morning, before applying day cream and spf as usual. I only used it every other day (with a Dr Lewinn's serums on the alternate day) as I was mildly concerned about the reviews on here, and thought that if I avoided using it daily and also exfoliated (with Dermalogica daily microfoliant), the potential for pore blocking would be avoided. So wrong.

I have completely stopped using it now and I'm sure that the Trilogoy antioxidant oil was the culprit as I have used pure rosehip oil before with no problem and nothing else in my routine has really changed. I can honestly say my skin has never had such a severe reaction to anything before. What happened on my face sounds similar to that of other reviewers - I wouldn't even describe it as spots - cysts or boils is definitely more appropriate as these were deep under the skin and really painful.

I looked over the previous reviewers to see if there was a pattern with who found this product good and who had a severe reaction. Hard to tell. At first I thought those in their 20s were having a good reaction while those mid 30s+ were experiencing boils etc but there's not enough data to draw any certain conclusions. So.... I agree with others - proceed at your peril. I will certainly never touch this stuff again.