Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant +

Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant +

3.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved this oil. It's lighter than just rosehip, and it really helped my oily skin. I used it day and night. The reason why I give it one lippie is because I bought it less than 3 months ago and it's rancid. It reeks so much of fish now that I have to get rid of it. At £31, I expected way better, especially because I was careful to buy from a brand who uses Tocopherol (vitamin E) which is supposed to help rosehip have a longer shelf life, and uses dark glass bottles, which usually keeps it from premature oxidation. The bedroom where I keep it is very dark (on the lower ground floor) and always colder than the rest of the house (below 20°C). I wrote to Trilogy's customer service and they implied that it was improperly shelved and that it must be my fault. I told them how I kept it, and they didn't bother replying after that. My opinion is that either their product is bad, or the retailers they work with are sent old products. I wasn't even asked what the batch number was! Poor customer service, poor products. I will look elsewhere.

on 12/18/2017 9:27:00 PM

I bought this and then read the reviews after purchase. Ive had skin problems the last few months with adult acne (Ive never had acne in my life) dry, itchy skin and redness and loads of fine lines. I put this down to me falling into a youtube rabbit hole of skin care videos and trying out 'holy grail' products which were anything but!
Someone recommended rosehip oil and when I saw my local chemist sold an antioxidant version I bought it instead of the original.
Came home, read reviews here and had instant regret, at nearly 40 euro this isnt cheap and I wasnt going to let it go to waste. Reluctantly I tried it thinking if I notice any negative reactions ill quit it immediately so I held off reviewing until I finished the bottle.

I have to say this worked magic on my skin. I don't think it helps elasticity or firmness so next time Ill go for the skin balancing one but overall it hydrated my skin, calmed down redness and even cleared up my acne and the scarring that had been left behind from previous monster breakouts. After months of problems my skin was finally manageable again within days of using this oil.

It's one downfall for me is that it doesnt last long enough, the bottle was empty in under a month and I wasn't exactly slathering it on either, I only used it once a day in the mornings.

My skin generally takes very well to oils so maybe this is why I didnt take any awful reactions?

I will buy this again, it's worth it for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product for so long I can't even say exactly. I use this every night (sometimes in the morning too) with my Paula's choice moisturiser and my cortas rose water spray/toner. the combo of the rose water with the rosehip oil is magical. I stopped using it once for a couple of months and noticed the difference immediately when I started back up with it. I haven't looked back. This is a staple in my skincare regimen and will continue to be.

on 11/5/2016 5:45:00 AM

I had been using plain rose hip oil for maybe 2y and was v happy with it. My skin is dry to combination and prone to being sensitive on my cheeks. I tried this and it caused a terrible flare up of bumps cysts and redness with just a few days use. I don't have acne or rosacea by the way.

In fairness, trilogy sent me out a bottle of plain rose hip oil to replace it but sadly my skin continued to react and I had to abandon rose hip oil completely.

So caution for those prone to sensitivity.

on 10/24/2016 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Beautiful texture - lighter and finer than most oils.

However - not compatible for my sensitive skin.

After a few days of use, I started to develop cysts in places I never usually breakout.

on 7/27/2016 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Ever since I started using this oil my skin has a beautiful glow all the time! I've used many other face oils before, including high end products and just my typical extra Virgin olive oil from the pantry. This one has stood out a little more to me than the others in terms of the results I'm seeing. I have to mention though; previously I would apply oil before my serum and moisturiser and was told it works best as the last step - and I have to agree. Always place my face oil last if you use it in combination other night time products. It's a very good formula!

on 5/18/2016 2:25:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This product ticks all the boxes for me. I used it morning and night under moisturiser (even used it alone a few nights when staying on a marae and not wanting to pack my entire bathroom), and also alone if using BB or CC cream. It's light but penetrating, and made a visible difference to my skin tone and texture.

If you are considering an oil to supplement your usual skincare routine, I highly recommend this one.

on 4/17/2016 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination skin and no sensitivities. I have gotten my skin into a great condition with vitamin A and C but as I age its becoming a bit drier. I added the Trilogy Rosehip oil to my regime a few years ago and use it at night on top of my more active serum as a moisturiser. I place 3 - 5 drops (more in winter or when my skin feels a bit dry) in my palms and then press into the skin. It feels very nice and moisturizes my skin well without causing any spots. If my skin is very dry I can use this during the day without it disturbing my makeup but I rarely need it. I finish a bottle every 5 - 6 months so the price per use is great.

I had been using the Trilogy Rosehip oil for years and an SA suggested this one might be a nice boost. I should never have messed with a good thing - I find the plain oil to have a nicer scent and texture. The rosehip oil does a bit nicer in terms of sinking in and pluming up my skin and it is cheaper per ml than this version. Now this oil isn't bad and performs very closely to the original and I like it more than other rose oils I've tried but I don't think the added ingredients (the plain is literally just rosehip) actually improve things for me. I gave it a 4 because it is a nice oil but I wouldn't recommend this - if you want rosehip oil the original trilogy is cheaper and more pure and if you want an antioxidant there are more effective serums that can be used under other oils. It is nice enough to finish the bottle but I will definitely be going back to the plain rosehip and would not repurchase this.

Oils are the way to go for mature skin. They penetrate more effectively than a cream and don't drag skin on application. As a qualified beauty therapist and a skin and make up addict I love this oil. I have always used neals yard oils until trying this one. It is a fabulous product in strengthening the skin and reducing creepiness around the eyes. I have seen a reduction in fine lines and an overall plumpness. I apply it at night after cleansing. This mature lady wil be re purchasing.

on 4/1/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

No to this product ..... It gave me horrible blackheads because it clogged my pores. Do not be deceived by the brightening effects, this product will destroy your skin.