Becca Mineral Blush

Becca Mineral Blush

4.5

Mica, Squalane, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Terpineol, Water/Aqua/Eau, p-Anisic Acid, Sodium Levulinate, Levulinic Acid, Potassium Sorbate. May contain/peut contenir [ /-]: Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Red 30 Lake (Cl 73360), Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850:1), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140:1), Carmine (CI 75470).J1258

on 2/2/2018 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Flowerchild is my HG blush. It’s the perfect peachy pink color with a very subtle shimmery glow. I have large pores and this blush did not emphasize them or break me out. It’s what I wanted nars orgasm to be but with better color payoff and less glittery bits. Its great for day and night. It’s pigmented so I don’t need much. It lasts about 5-6 hours on my face before the need for Re-application/touchup. Love the packaging too Great for travelling.

I am a blush girl, I tried alot of blushes and honestly, not impressed. Well..I don't like it but I don't hate it.

First let's talk about the formula. Considering that it's a high-end blush, people say it's buttery but I find it quite chalky and dusty compared to other blushes that I own. I personally prefer Nars blushes over this. It somehow looks really flat on my skin and it's full of shimmers. Don't get me wrong, I love shimmers but not in a way like this. The whole blush is made of shimmers..and they don't hold on together very well, so technique is needed for better application..but who has time for that? Also, it's soooo vulnerable to shatter because the blush gets disintergrated easily! I like to swirl the blush with my finger sometimes, and I can already see some cracks on the edges. And I wasn't even using much energy at all. I am pretty sure mine would shatter if I drop it one day. I have the shade in Flowerchild..a peachy pink. I think I have plenty of other peachy pink blushes that look more flattering than this, more creamy, not flat on skin and way cheaper (Essence Satin blush in Coral or Benefit's Galifornia anyone?). The only thing that I really like about this is the sturdy and elegant packaging. I think I just had too much of a high expectation from this product because of all the raves. Now I'm just disappointed. Maybe it would work differently on other skin?

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have this blush in Flowerchild, which I bought to be a replacement for NARS Deep Throat. My DT was many, many years old and was no longer good, so I tossed it and began looking for a cruelty free alternative. Using Temptalia's dupe database and online swatches I figured that Flowerchild would work well for me. It isn't an exact dupe for DT, but it is very close; it might be a tiny bit pinker, but it looks pretty much the exact same on my skin. The blush from Becca actually wears a lot better for me, though, and I find it to be a little more pigmented than NARS. Becca's formula is smooth and buttery, the packaging is very nice, and I couldn't be happier with this purchase. I think this will be my go-to blush in the spring and summer months especially.

on 7/23/2017 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great blush! Excellent staying power, even after long hours out and about in the summer - although I do at times use a setting spray, so that probably boosts its longevity. I bought the shade 'Flowerchild', which suits my skin tone well. It is quite pigmented though, so it is easy to get heavy-handed and end up looking like some bourgie from 18th century France. A light application does it, and the blush goes on smoothly and evenly.

The ingredients list doesn't raise any major red flags, and Becca is a cruelty free company, which are both big pluses. The price is a bit steep, which is the only reason I may reconsider repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Purchased this blush in the shade, Flowerchild, about a month ago and this is now a daily FAV. Looks SO pretty on fair skin, but now that I'm starting to tan I still love it just as much. It's just gorgeous and blends beautifully. Well worth the money if you are a blush girl! =)

on 11/11/2016 5:28:00 PM

I own Flowerchild, Songbird, and Wisteria and I love the formula so much. My favorites are Flowerchild and Wisteria which came in a blush trio. About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. These shades work so well on my skintone. Plus the formula is fantastic in my opinion. It’s easy to blend and the blush lasts on me till I wash my makeup off. I recently bought the full size flowerchild as I’ve been using this shade all the time. It’s super pigmented and I adore the peachy, pink,, gold shade I think it is so pretty! I would not hesitate to buy more blushes from the mineral line. I love it! I also own a few of the luminous blushes but prefer the mineral line. Recommended.

on 11/11/2016 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Becca blushes are not particularly long lasting in me, probably because they are so creamy in terms of texture compared to other powder blushes. They are easy to blend and have amazing color payoff. What you see is what you get

on 9/23/2016 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It can be difficult for someone like me, a gal who suffers from dry skin and texture issues, to find blushes that work and apply well without emphasizing flaws. Although I love my Nars blushes bc of the unique and beautiful color range, I rarely reach for them for this reason. Since making blush purchases is a risk for me (not to mention good blush ain't cheap) I decided to throw some caution to the wind during Ulta's 21 day sale and I grabbed a bunch of these for half price (along with the UD blushes).

These blushes are nice terms of formulation and blendability. They are ultra smooth and finely milled. Out of the 6 shades in this line, I purchased 3: Wild Honey (peachy nude), Flowerchild (peachy pink w/ golden highlights), and Hyacinth (vibrant poppy pink), 2 of which I believe are exclusives to Ulta or online only releases. I do think the these colors are pretty but I wouldn't say they are unique shades in any way. The best aspect of these blushes is that they do not emphasize any texture issues, dry patches, etc.

As for cons, there are enough of them that I can't justify a higher star rating. Wear time sux for me - these fade out and away in less than 4 hours on me, which is odd because I have dry skin. Another issue (which I touched on above) is that the color range to me is lacking - kinda boring to be honest. If someone wanted to dupe these shades at a much lower price point I am betting this would be easy to do. I am also betting the formula is not quite as unique in terms of smoothness as its been hyped up to be, considering that its far from the only mineral formulation in existence. Ultimately though - and given the issues I do have with these - the price point is outrageous IMO. $32.00 for 0.2 oz?!? No thanks, I'm just not impressed enough with these to justify paying that much.

Seems I am in the minority here in that I appear to be the only reviewer on MA who isn't feeling these deserve a 5 star rating. Don't get me wrong - these are nice blushes if you can get them to work for you (i.e., lasting time), better than many others. I just think they are really overhyped for what you get and what you pay. I would have been HEATED had I paid full price for the 3 I bought and had I paid that much, these would get a much lower review. At half price sale/$16.00 each, I still find that a bit high in comparison to how I was left a bit unimpressed with performance. Had these not faded so quick on me I would have rated them higher.

Rosy glow blush with a touch of pigment. I wear this blush year round and have received so many compliments. Just a slight swipe on the apples of my cheeks and there's an instant rose glow. I also pair this with the Becca highlighter.

I received this in a deluxe sample size in a Becca kit and I love it! I have the color flower child. It is such a pretty pinky peach that goes with a lot of looks. It's a great blush for that bronzy, glowy summer look. A little goes a long way. I only tap my brush in it once and I get a very pigmented cheek. So be careful not to use too much. I love wearing this with a Becca highlight on top.