Becca Mineral Blush

Becca Mineral Blush

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Purchased this blush in the shade, Flowerchild, about a month ago and this is now a daily FAV. Looks SO pretty on fair skin, but now that I'm starting to tan I still love it just as much. It's just gorgeous and blends beautifully. Well worth the money if you are a blush girl! =)

on 11/11/2016 5:28:00 PM

I own 2 of the mineral blushes. They came in a blush trio that contains Wisteria a new shade and Songbird which is available as a single. I totally love the formula they are so smooth and easy to blend. They apply so nice and for me last for hours without a touch up. Mind you I do use setting spray. Wisteria is my favorite shade it's a new one that is a neutral light rose pink. I hope they make it as a single as I'd buy it in a heart beat! On me it goes so we'll with my NW20 or below skintone, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. The shade Songbird is a peachy shade that is very pretty as well.

I have only purchased the Luminous blush and now trying the mineral formula I'd like to purchase a shade from that line as well. The trio I purchased is a le holiday edition that you can still purchase from Sephora is where I got mine. I think these blushes are fantastic I love how they apply. I also love the packaging I find it very sturdy. These are very pigmented but can be built with a light hand. I like that about these. Plus they do not kick up powder either no matter what brush I use and these are very soft. For me these and NARS are my favorite blushes. Also as a blush collector I really am happy to have this trio in my blush arsenal the other shade that comes with it is Snapdragon. A great trio I'm so happy with the mineral formula though I think it's excellent. Recommended. :)

on 11/11/2016 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Becca blushes are not particularly long lasting in me, probably because they are so creamy in terms of texture compared to other powder blushes. They are easy to blend and have amazing color payoff. What you see is what you get

on 9/23/2016 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It can be difficult for someone like me, a gal who suffers from dry skin and texture issues, to find blushes that work and apply well without emphasizing flaws. Although I love my Nars blushes bc of the unique and beautiful color range, I rarely reach for them for this reason. Since making blush purchases is a risk for me (not to mention good blush ain't cheap) I decided to throw some caution to the wind during Ulta's 21 day sale and I grabbed a bunch of these for half price (along with the UD blushes).

These blushes are nice terms of formulation and blendability. They are ultra smooth and finely milled. Out of the 6 shades in this line, I purchased 3: Wild Honey (peachy nude), Flowerchild (peachy pink w/ golden highlights), and Hyacinth (vibrant poppy pink), 2 of which I believe are exclusives to Ulta or online only releases. I do think the these colors are pretty but I wouldn't say they are unique shades in any way. The best aspect of these blushes is that they do not emphasize any texture issues, dry patches, etc.

As for cons, there are enough of them that I can't justify a higher star rating. Wear time sux for me - these fade out and away in less than 4 hours on me, which is odd because I have dry skin. Another issue (which I touched on above) is that the color range to me is lacking - kinda boring to be honest. If someone wanted to dupe these shades at a much lower price point I am betting this would be easy to do. I am also betting the formula is not quite as unique in terms of smoothness as its been hyped up to be, considering that its far from the only mineral formulation in existence. Ultimately though - and given the issues I do have with these - the price point is outrageous IMO. $32.00 for 0.2 oz?!? No thanks, I'm just not impressed enough with these to justify paying that much.

Seems I am in the minority here in that I appear to be the only reviewer on MA who isn't feeling these deserve a 5 star rating. Don't get me wrong - these are nice blushes if you can get them to work for you (i.e., lasting time), better than many others. I just think they are really overhyped for what you get and what you pay. I would have been HEATED had I paid full price for the 3 I bought and had I paid that much, these would get a much lower review. At half price sale/$16.00 each, I still find that a bit high in comparison to how I was left a bit unimpressed with performance. Had these not faded so quick on me I would have rated them higher.

Rosy glow blush with a touch of pigment. I wear this blush year round and have received so many compliments. Just a slight swipe on the apples of my cheeks and there's an instant rose glow. I also pair this with the Becca highlighter.

I received this in a deluxe sample size in a Becca kit and I love it! I have the color flower child. It is such a pretty pinky peach that goes with a lot of looks. It's a great blush for that bronzy, glowy summer look. A little goes a long way. I only tap my brush in it once and I get a very pigmented cheek. So be careful not to use too much. I love wearing this with a Becca highlight on top.

on 4/16/2016 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have the shade Flowerchild.

This is an absolutely gorgeous blush. I love the packaging as it feels heavy and substantial in my hand. The blush is soft and very pigmented, so you don't need a lot of product on your brush. It also blends well into the skin and looks natural. I love the subtle sheen in this which is great for wearing to the office. For going out, it's great topped with one of Becca's pressed highlights for extra oomph.

All in all, amazing quality as usual from Becca.

on 1/31/2016 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought the Becca Mineral Blush in the shade Flowerchild.
It is the most gorgeous peachy-pink, and is very pigmented and lovely. The blush itself is a very soft product. I usually use a duo-fiber brush for applying blush, but using that brush was a nightmare- I had blush dust everywhere! Switched to a softer brush and no more blush dust.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Oh my goodness, I love this blush so much. I'm talking about the color "Wild Honey". It's a brown-peach shade with the slightest shimmer. The shimmer appears in the pan and not so much on the face, but it still gives a subtle glow. The reason why I love it so much is because I'm able to use it as a blush and bronzer all at once. As someone that's going the minimalistic route, this is perfect since I'm downsizing my makeup collection and if I'm able to use a product two ways, it's a win. The pigmentation is incredible, a bit goes a long way and I won't be making a dent in the pan anytime soon. The longevity is great, and the packaging is just like the usual BECCA compacts, slightly rubberized edges with a silver saucer in the middle. I personally find the packaging aesthetically pleasing, but even if it wasn't, the product itself would still win me over. I'm an NC25-30 in MAC, for shade reference.

on 7/12/2015 6:23:00 PM

The lasting power of this blush is impressive. I have it in "Wild Honey" and I was afraid it would look too bronze on my skin, but it's very natural looking. I used a light hand to apply it this morning, over Koh Gen Do foundation set with Meteorites. About 6 hours later I went to a birthday party and spend 2.5 hours sweating in 96 degree heat & humidity. Came home and blush still looked perfect. I took one lippie off for the packaging- I wish I could see what color it is without having to open it or flip it upside down to read the label. I was also expecting it to be the size of Becca's highlighters, FYI it's quite a bit smaller.