NYX Professional Makeup Retractable Liner in Deep Blue

No Image

4.7

on 2/5/2018 4:59:00 PM

smudge proof and long lasting. I love it

on 10/9/2016 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this NYX Retractable Eye Liner in Deep Blue! Super color, long lasting, easy to maneuver, very affordable, and a requirement for me, cruelty-free!

on 9/15/2012 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Honestly, this wasn't the blue I was looking for. But I got fed up of looking for a non-shimmery indigo liner and finally bought NYX's Deep Blue. I'm glad I did.
NYX products can be hit or miss. This one does its job beautifully. The colour is the same as fading dark blue jeans and there's no glitter but a reflective sheen. Only a little tugging is needed on application (to know what truly buttery formulas are like, get Chambor Dazzle pencils from India) and the liner stays put all day. There's no powdery dust on my cheeks after 10 hours and no blue shadow under my eyes like with other pencils. The colour does fade, but only slightly, and I'm glad to report, evenly.
On my skin, which matches NC 40 in MAC, it's a pretty and noticeable deep blue. For the navy that I want, I do a thick line with the NYX and pat black eyeshadow on top. The liner holds on to the shadow through the day, leaving me with a matte navy.
NYX's formula is waterproof (use an oily cleanser to take off) and the pencil is two-way retractable. No frills like a smudger or a sharpener at the end, but for a pencil as cheap, I don't mind.
I will repurchase. But do I want to jump in and buy every colour in the retractable range? No. But only because the shades aren't unusual. If you love coloured liner there's no reason you shouldn't like these.