MAC Pro Set Powder - Invisible

4.4

talc, silica, nylon-12, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexonate, tocopherol acetate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So far so good. It does what it says. I purchased this in soft yellow and use it to set my under eye concealer. My complaint would be the price ($26) and getting it out of the jar. Its so fine that you'll waste a bit if you're too overzealous with your brush. I wish it came with one of those powder dabber things.

Ide give it a 2.5 if I could. I don't know what everyone is saying with this oil control BS. It does NOT control it and I'm not even the oiliest person here. I have combination skin. My 6$ elf booster does way more wonderful of a job keeping my oil at bay. It's a regular powder for normal skin and just works to set ur foundation. Cool. I could spend a lot less money and get better or equal to this product. Blah. Oh and when I first got it it was so hard to shake the powder out for the first month or so but once Uve loosened up the powder inside it comes out very controlled. There's a good amount in there and it's not messy.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

After I ran out of MAC Prep+Prime Translucent Powder like 3 months ago, I got this and now I'm just blaming myself on why I even bothered with MAC Prep+prime powder... Seriously Pro Set is so much better, and honestly it's not about the price thing, yeah, you pay less for Pro Set and get 30g, whereas you get 8g for Prep+Prime, but I'm strictly looking at the products themselves not counting the cash and still Pro Set wins anyday! It's perfect both for everyday and clubbing as it can keep thick makeup in place no matter what!

Btw, I also use a setting spray on top of it so it makes it last even longer (whole day, from the morning to bed with literally no touch-ups), but I tried wearing it without spray and it works just as well. I got normal skin with tiny bit of oily thing going on around my nose and on chin which I can see after a whole day without wearing a powder, but Pro Set is great in controlling this, so I think even if you have really oily skin, it will help you control it or prolong the time before you have to touch up.

I will totally but it again when I run out, I'm not ever even going to try any other powder, because I'm sure it doesn't get any better than this :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this product! I have used the MAC Prep + Prime transparent finishing powder for years, and during a trip to London I visited the MAC Pro store and found this product. I can't remember the exact price but it costs near enough the same (give or take a few pounds) but you get 30g in this compared to the 9g you get with the Prep + Prime. The products are quite similar, however Prep and Prime has the tiniest amount of shimmer in it, almost to the point where you can't notice, but MAC Pro Set is matte. Both are great for my oily skin, however Pro Set beats Prep and Prime because it works out at such great value for money and gives me a nice matte finish, something which every oily skinned girl dreams of!

I bought this product by accident when I ran out of my Prep n' Prime transluscent powder, but I am so happy I did. First of all I think that it is a better product then Prep and Prime in regards to giving a flawless, airbrushed look. And there is way more product in the Set Powder then in the Prep and Prime. The container is big, and it lasts a long time. I love it because depending on the season my skin shade changes, and I already have to switch foudnations. With this, I dont have to also buy another powder since it is transluscent. It gives me a perfect finish! I would def reccomend.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my new favourite setting powder.

I used to use Make Up For Ever's HD powder until I realized that it wasn't controlling my oiliness as well as I thought it was, and that if one applies way too much, then it can flash back white. Although the latter never happened to me because I never used a heavy hand, I still wanted to see if there were any alternatives.

I tried MAC Blot, but it could make me appear cakey at times. It was a bit difficult to gauge how much powder was enough to control oil without making it look cakey.

Then came MAC Set Powder. I ordered it from the regular MAC website. When I got it, I only removed half of the sticker that covered the holes, because I didn't want too much powder to sift out while I carry it in my bag or travel.

I sift a bit of powder onto the lid, pack it in my powder brush, tap off any excess, and dab it lightly over my face. Sometimes I *might* do a second dusting over my T-zone. Where MUFE HD powder did nothing for controlling oil when I used it in conjunction with MUFE F&B or MUFE HD foundation, this MAC Set Powder did wonders. My face remains matte all day. Might get slightly dewey, but nowhere near oily.

In summary, great powder! No cornstarch or bismuth in the ingredients. No break outs for me. No shiny oiliness. You still need to test it out and see how much powder is needed without going overboard and looking cakey, though.
continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

THIS IS GREAT. I picked this up on a whim once I finally got to visit a PRO store. I wanted to buy something but nothing else really caught my eye so I decided to give this a try. It's AMAZING. It minimizes my pores and smooths my skin. The best thing about it is that it CONTROLS OIL really effectively! Better than any other product I've ever tried. It never looks chalky and just has a great effect. So glad I bought this. A little goes a long way, so I definitely think it'll take years for me to finish this jar.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this powder. It sets my makeup perfectly without adding any color. It comes in a huge container and definitely lasts forever. I have repurchased several times and will continue to do so.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this powder for setting my liquid foundation; it tames the shimmer and over-dewy-possibilities in PhotoReady nicely. If you have a slow drying foundation, brush some of this on and you're good to go! This also sets blushcreme that seems to take forever to dry. I am very fair so it doesn't show up on me at all -- I cannot say with certainty that it will be truly transparent on any other skin tone, but I imagine it would be fine. You get a TON of it, and not a lot is needed each application, so the value here is pretty excellent. Feels really soft on the skin. Adore applying this with the MAC 150 brush. I really like the look of the packaging, it looks sleek and professional sitting on my bathroom counter. No issues with the sifter, though it's no fun travelling with it since so much powder comes out of the holes in transit. Not a big deal though. You can only get this at PRO stores though, and I believe online at the PRO site. Great product.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I love this stuff, I love this stuff!!!! It gives me such a soft focus look and really blends my makeup together all while setting it and absorbing oil. I set my conceal with it, too. I love it, I don't know how I lived without it before!!!