Sephora Color Lip Last

Sephora  Color Lip Last

4.1

on 7/13/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought 04 (Brown is Back) when I had a thing for browny-pinky lipstick, and have not regretted it! It's a beautiful muted colour that lasts forever on my lips, and only gives way to oily foods. It applies like a cream but once it sets it's not going anywhere!

This lipstick does tend to accentuate lines and dryness, though, especially since it's a matte formula. I'd suggest exfoliating your lips before application, but other than that it's a beautiful shade and a great formula. It cost me 18CAD and I'm very happy with it!

on 5/23/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was looking for a fairly pale shade for everyday running around and found Sephora 5120 D. It dries much darker and redder, though it technically is like a dark dusty rose.

I first got it in the winter when I had a cold and I thought my lips would dry up and fall off. I really wasn't thinking about texture/matte -- was just looking at color. Now that the air is a bit more humid and it's not really drying.

It goes on really smooth and doesn't look as matte as other brands, which I like. Doesn't bleed much into fine lines considering the price, but I tend to rub my lips together, and this goes all over outside my lip line. It doesn't set well, even with lip liner. Well, the color does stay, just not only on my lips.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Love this lip last lipstick! I have No.21, a deep berry color. Just as it implies, it lasts for a long time. By the deep color, when I go to kiss someone on the cheek, they worry immediately about my lipstick getting all over. Surprisingly, this doesn't get all over, even though it is a bold shade. I've been on a mission to find a lipstick that is not too drying, but also not too glossy. This fits the bill perfectly. I'm in love with the color, and it's a very good quality product!

on 10/29/2015 12:27:00 PM

The colour payoff and lasting power is great. I have this in 19, a matte blue-toned red, which is the perfect red. But it dries out my lips so much!!! I feel like I have cling wrap on my lips everytime I am wearing it. I just dislike the feel of it on my lips. I would repurchase it but probably not in a matte shade.

on 9/26/2015 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I got this in Brown is Back and this lasts and lasts and lasts! Love the pigment, staying power and packaging. Ya know, even though I go to Sephora all day every day (I live within walking distance) I never really try out the Sephora line of products. This lipstick is showing me that I should. Doesn't dry me out but it is long wearing. Try this if you ladies get a chance.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I own this product in the shade #10, psychedelic pink. The price is around $14.

Once I got home and wore it a few times, I was wondering what I was thinking with the color. I didn't realize when I swatched it how FROSTY this is. Another person on here reviewed this exact color and said it's matte... that's not true. It's a blue based frosty pink.

As far as staying power, etc, this lipstick lasts nicely. It's not super long-wearing and doesn't last all day (it claims ten hours and while that may be true with other shades, it's not the case with this one). This product doesn't last so long that it blows me away, but it doesn't come off immediately either. I'd say you can probably go about 4-5 hours before needing a touch-up, with this particular shade.

The formula doesn't feel drying at all to me. Even if I use it without a lip balm it looks and feels good.

Finally the smell, others describe it as a rose. There is a detectable scent but I couldn't quite place my finger on it. As I was driving down the road one day I kept smelling it and realized it smells, to me, like a grape cigarillo... If you're really sensitive to smells you might want to skip out on this one because it doesn't smell bad, but I can smell it even after initial application.

Would I repurchase? No just because the Sephora brand isn't cruelty free.

on 7/2/2015 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought several; No. 5,7,16,18,21

The colors all are beautiful! It last long, so long that even after eating and drinking, the lipstick is still on my lips. A few of my girls, keep asking what lipstick that I put on because the colours are pigmented, opaque but last long. The colour came off a little bit on cups, but it's so pigmented that it remains some on your lips. I hardly touch up or reapply unless I eat something oily. The price is still ok compared to MAC and NARS almost half. It's matte mostly, but there's a few colours that come with shimmers. It's not so drying. But do use lip balm during winter. This is one of my HG.

So I bought this lipstick one day when I forgot my own at home. It was a quick and quite cheap choice. I wore it that day and then threw it into my pile and forgot about it. I saw it again today (months later) and I have to say, WOW, this stuff rocks.

It goes on creamy and then dries in a couple minutes to a nice matte that lasts for several hours. It's not as long-lasting as a stain or some higher end lipsticks, but for the price, it is awesome. Good pigment too. I'm not sure the name of mine (doesn't say on it) but it's a coral-y color that dries into a nice pink-coral.

on 1/29/2015 10:35:00 AM

Probably different colors have different results. Mine is #25. Didn't last at all ( still longer than a normal cream/ sheer lipstick). 80% gone after a few drinks and 4 hours later. Completely gone after dinner by the 5th hour. Mine comes with gold shimmer and dry to semi-Matt. This works very similar to MAC prolong lipcreme Perpentual Flame (MAC doesn't have shimmer) / maybelline 14 hr ( 010/020), in term of finishing/ feel/ lasting power.

I will stick with Armani lipstick (512) if so short-lived and , Armani isn't so drying/Matte and leaves a bit , even stain behind.

P.S. I find a way to salvage this, I put shiseido benefiance lip treatment under this, and it becomes less drying. It may affect its staying power, but it has little to begin with, so doesn't hurt much

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've bought this product about 8 times over in the past 3 years because I love it so much!! The lipstick is so smooth, creamy, and long-lasting. The colour "cinnamon crush" matches so well with my medium-light skin!! <3