LORAC PRO Palette

LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.3

on 7/25/2015 8:24:00 PM

I'm in the minority who doesn't really like this palette. For reference, im nc42 medium tan skin, black hair and black eyes. Pros- 1. the eyeshadow quality is awesome. shadows are very pigmented, great colour payoff, blend easily. 2. the slim packaging is great for travel/ storage 3. i like that there are 12 shades, even though they're only 1gram each. Cons- 1. the shade range does nothing for me. Colours like champagne look way too stark on my skintone. I hate slate shades and the deep purple colour ends up looking black. Also im not a fan of light pink shades for my lid. I wish there were more yellow toned lighter shades. 2. the outside packaging gets dirty sooo easily. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging but after using this for a while it just looks so dirty.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I already love Lorac, and couldn't wait to purchase this. The first time I saw it in store, I actually thought for a moment they were cream shadows because they are literally THAT creamy. I was a little worried when I saw reviews here about the pans running out quickly and there being so much waste when picking up the product with a brush. I bought it anyway, as I often do despite warnings, and I'm so glad I did. First, yes you need to use a light hand. This is not a hard, chalky cheap palette. This is an insanely pigmented, rich and creamy shadow, so I actually just lightly tap my brush on the shade once. Then I tap it on my lid. If I need more, which is rare, I repeat. It makes zero sense to rub at the pan to coat the brush and then tap the excess off. Why on earth anyone would do that, I have no idea. I have never run into a palette this pigmented and every shade performs well. I actually had to get used to not applying this like my other palettes, and sometimes I find myself being more vigorous than I need out of habit. I owned Naked 3 for about 4 days, and returned it because it was so disappointing. I have never gone back to UD as I see no point when Lorac consistency puts out amazing products. The shade Nude in this palette reminds me of Dust from N3, except Nude isn't made of freaking dust particles. It actually applies to the lid. So happy I picked this up and I can see it lasting a long time as I've had it several weeks, have used at least one shade daily, and it looks like I've used it maybe once. And mine isn't filthy either, I'm sure it has something to do with my light tap application.

on 12/13/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- color selection
- contains both matte/shimmer finishes
- easy to blend
- very soft
- long wearing

CONS

- mattes kick up a ton of product
- some fallout
- amount of product

COMMENTS: Very beautiful palette. I love the fact that there is an equal amount of both shimmer and matte finishes. They're incredibly pigmented, easy to blend, long wearing, and very soft. They're almost too soft. I have to be very careful when picking up product with my brush or else they create a mess. These shadows can be so easily dented and create fallout. Then again, the fact that they're so buttery is also a good thing. They're so easy to work with. It's a great palette to have if you love neutrals. I wish it contained more product, but they're such great quality regardless.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I lost the internal battle against getting this palette recently, and I have to say that I am super happy I actually decided to go through with my purchase! I've been staring at it for what seems like forever, but I just couldn't commit when I have almost every other naked/neutral palette available. The thing is that every time I go into a makeup store, I find myself right back in the Lorac section playing with the Pro palette. I just couldn't hold myself back any longer!

Pros:

It has such a wonderful range of colors, and they are unbelievably pigmented. I was extremely impressed with the fact that they have such an ideal balance of matte and shimmer colors, which is a very big plus for me. I never thought I would care much for matte shadows, but they are a definite must for crease colors and blending purposes. The shadow colors are all to die for, I can confidently say it is the first palette I've ever bought that I will use every single shadow in.

This is the first neutral palette that I can actually use without needing to grab a different color from anywhere else. So convenient!

The mirror is great, and the names are quite literal, which I find kind of useful.

The textures are creamy, rich, buttery, silky ...and all of the other stuff we all look for in eyeshadow textures and quality. Even though I have come across the powdery thing that others have spoken up about with Lorac shadows in the past, It has not been the case with this one any time I've ever sampled or used it. This was actually another big reason I finally purchased it. The quality just seems superior, and that's saying a lot considering that powdery or not, I absolutely love Lorac's eyeshadows.

I purchased mine for $42.00, which is overall cheaper than the other neutral palettes out there.

CONS:

The Packaging. I love that it's flat because it being compact makes it awesome for travel, but I am disappointed to find that it is made out of some sort of hard cardboard. Truth be told, I didn't even realize it until reading these reviews, but I can see where it would be an issue with smudges or concerns that it will be flimsy. The cardboard-ey thing it's made out of seems pretty sturdy, so it's definitely not that much of a negative for me. Like I said, I find it just sort of disappointing.

The shadows are small compared to other neutral palettes. Even though I purchased it not too long ago, and it's terribly pigmented so as to not have to use so much, I'm already having anxiety over hitting pan on the colors I know I will use really often. I guess this can also be seen as a plus, if only because I love it so much that I'm already freaking out about running out. I will also add that I justify the smaller size in my head as being an OK thing because of the amount of different colors it comes with; most neutral palettes may have bigger pans, but they don't have the range this one does.

The champagne color, which I was hoping would be a constant inner eye highlighter color for me, has chunks of glitter in it. It's a beautiful color, but I can't STAND getting glitter all over my face. This is probably one of the things I'm most bummed out about because I'm worried I won't want to use it very often as I don't really want to deal with the clean-up hassle. I'm also worried about what other colors I may find in the pallet which will have chunks of glitter in it. The chunks are actually not as big as say, the UD shadows that contain glitter in them, but it's still irritating.

----

Overall, I find this an amazing palette. I would recommend it to anyone looking for just one neutral pallet or starting their collection. The positives definitely outweigh any negatives for me, and I can't wait to see what different combinations I can create with it!

on 2/9/2013 5:31:00 PM

I don't own any of the urban decay palettes so I can't compare, but this one is really nice. The colors are beautiful, they go on really smoothly and last a long time if you use the lorac primer underneath. The only thing that annoys me is the messiness of it. The eyeshadows go everywhere as soon as you touch them, and it doesn't help that the palette itself is black. Overall i really like the shadows and have been using them everyday!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I caved and bought this palette when I was at Sephora yesterday. I had been pining for it since it came out and I'm so glad I bit the bullet. I love this palette. It is rare to find a palette that contains as many matte shades as there are shimmer shades. I own a lot of UD palettes and the colors are usually so shimmery, I like that Lorac has included so many matte shades for us working girls.
There isn't one thing terrible about this palette. There are so many different combinations that you could make, either for day time or evening, mixing shimmer and matte shades. The texture of the shadows is so buttery soft and so easy to blend, the only negative thing I noticed is that when you dip your brush it, you get shadow flying.
Today I tried Cream on the lid and brow bone, Taupe in the crease and Sable lining my eyes and lower lash line. I can't wait to try more looks, especially with the Mauve and Garnet shadows, as I don't think I have shadows in these colors.
Overall a great purchase! You will not be disappointed.

You get 0.32 oz for each eyeshadow which doesn't seem like a lot but in UD's naked palette each shadow is 0.05 oz, so you get a lot.

Top row matte colors:
Pewter
Garnet
Deep Purple
Slate

I just tried the eye primer and is goes on smoothly but for keeping colors bright all day, the jury's still out. I'll come back and review it once I've had a chance to really test it out.

From Lorac's website (this look is hot):
"Go PRO this Fall with professional cosmetics from LORAC! To get the PRO look, first even out skin tone with Natural Performance Foundation. Add a long-lasting, velvety-rich glow to the apples of the cheeks with LORAC's PRO Powder Cheek Stain in Coral Crush. Highlight under eyes and on cheekbones with Perfectly Lit Luminizing Powder in Spotlight. For the eyes, always prime the eyelids with Behind The Scenes Eye Primer. Then to create this sultry eye look, Carol used the PRO Palette, using the Nude shade from lash line to brow bone, the Garnet shade on the lid and outer corner, and then defining the eyes with the Black Matte Shadow in the outer corner and crease. For a more dramatic effect, try the shadows wet. To line and define, use LORAC's PRO Cream Eyeliner in Black along the top and bottom lash line. Finish with big, babydoll lashes with LORAC's PRO Mascara. This lengthening and thickening mascara has a jumbo, tapered professional brush to grab even the finest of lashes and those hard to reach lashes in the corner of the eye. For the lips, mix the Vintage & Muse shades together from the Couture Shine Nudes Duo."

Popular Palettes