LORAC PRO Palette

LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.4

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this palette! Great color selection for everyday or neutral looks, with some colors for a pop of color! Great matte and satin shades and overall essential palette for anyone getting into makeup looking for an all-encompassing palette for everyday use.

on 9/26/2015 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This palette is a staple, great for beginners too. The texture of the eyeshadows are buttery and it goes on smooth on my eye lids. The colours are very pigmented and they show up well even on my tanned skin. The matte colours are great for transitioning and the crease, which i think is essential when it comes to eyeshadows. They last quite long for me, however when my sister uses this it creases a lot on her lids, even with eye primer. I guess it really depends on each individual.
I also wished that they had one or 2 warm matte eyeshadows in the palette. The brown mattes are all quite cool toned so if you are not a fan of cool toned shadows, this palette may not be for you. Otherwise, i think this is a great palette for both casual to glam makeup.

on 7/25/2015 8:24:00 PM

I'm in the minority who doesn't really like this palette. For reference, im nc42 medium tan skin, black hair and black eyes. Pros- 1. the eyeshadow quality is awesome. shadows are very pigmented, great colour payoff, blend easily. 2. the slim packaging is great for travel/ storage 3. i like that there are 12 shades, even though they're only 1gram each. Cons- 1. the shade range does nothing for me. Colours like champagne look way too stark on my skintone. I hate slate shades and the deep purple colour ends up looking black. Also im not a fan of light pink shades for my lid. I wish there were more yellow toned lighter shades. 2. the outside packaging gets dirty sooo easily. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging but after using this for a while it just looks so dirty.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is truly amazing. Everything from the packaging to the colors to the price is just phenomenal. The colors in the palette can go a long way, and the texture is very velvety and smooth- it's almost like a cream! I love the fact that the palette itself is super thin and black, it looks incredibly professional- hence the name. I would recommend this to anyone, the colors are very easy to blend and are long wearing. In my opinion, Lorac shadows are better than Urban Decays! Highly recommend, you can't go wrong!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Okay, I absolutely am in love with this palette! I am extremely picky when it comes to eyeshadows and eyeshadow palettes. I have tried the Urban Decay Basics palette and to be completely honest I did not particularly like it. I thought the colour pay off was quite crappy considering the price of the product ;( but this baby was definitely worth the money! I originally purchased this because a friend of mine was raving about how brilliant this product was, and after a bit of debating I thought it was time to splurge and try it out - I am sure glad I did! This is some of the most pigmented eyeshadows I have ever tried, to me it feels almost like a creamy consistency (for a powder eyeshadow keep in mind), and it does not flake or budge or crease at all which is what you would expect from a high-end product like this. I bought this over a year ago and I still haven't hit pan on any of the eyeshadows and I use this palette about 5 or 6 days a week consistently. Since it is very pigmented you do not have to use a lot of eyeshadow to get a prominent look. If you are a person with a heavy hand you may want to stray from this a little bit as this is for light handed people since it is so pigmented. You only need to slightly dab your eyeshadow brush into one of the eyeshadows to get enormous pay off. Definitely would recommend this :)

As for the eyeshadow primer that came with the palette: I would not repurchase that. I mean it was quite a lovely primer but not worth the price as there are much better primers for a lot cheaper. However, if you are looking for a higher end primer I would definitely check this one out. I have oily eyelids and this totally took the oil out of it and helped my eyeshadow and eyeliner stay in place all day - even through sports activities such as volleyball. I also only got a sample of the LORAC primer and it lasted for months! So it will not be used up very quickly. You only need a pea sized amount on your eyelids to get the job done.

on 7/3/2015 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this palette. First of all, I love the formula of Lorac shadows, specifically from this palette. I love the velvety feel of them and the way they apply and blend so easily. I definitely prefer it over the formula of UD shadows, which I tend to have trouble with blending. My only gripe is that I tend to reach for the same few shades, but that is more of an issue with a lack of branching out to different eyeshadow looks. This palette can be bought for a lower price, specifically with an HSN (?) deal that makes it roughly around $20 or so. I recommend this for someone who is a beginner and is just branching out into mid-end products if they had been previously using drugstore, specifically because it is so easy to blend and create neutral looks with (if that's your thing). I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again if I miraculously used up all of it.

on 6/20/2015 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this palette .. I got it for my birthday ( a guilty pleasure fulfilled 😁👏) and I must say it's amazing , it's a beautiful everyday palette with matte's and shimmers .. The colors apply smoothly and blend nicely .. It also came with an eye primer .. It has nice crease colors and lid colors ranging from matte to shimmery to satin and metallic (gold) .. Overall a great value for the price , color payoff and quality of the palette itself .. Highly recommend it if you're in the market for a neutral palette that goes great with most skin tones .. And it's really versatile , I use it to fill in my eyebrows, as eyeliners , face highlight and just a basic wash of color on my lid when I'm not in the mood for eyeshadow and it also has great transitioning shades
.. And with the eyeprimer the shadows stay amazing and pigmented throughout the day 👏👏

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If I had to pick only one palette to have in my collection this would be it!!! This palette has basic colors needed to create tons of looks (neutral looks, daytime and night-time looks) and is the perfect starter set for someone without many eyeshadows. I leave this palette in my travel makeup bag which i bring to work 3x a week since I start early in the morning and don't have time to put on a whole face of makeup at 6am. Definitely would recommend getting this palette!!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was more excited to purchase this palette than any of my other palettes, and I'm sorry to say I'm incredibly disappointed.

*Price: Ridiculous, if you live in Canada, where we cannot purchase this anywhere for less than $70, even on Amazon. I was lucky enough to spot this on Glambot, completely unused and brand new, for $40.
*Packaging: I love the packaging for how sleek and thin it is, making it easy to take with you. But we all know the deal with the matte black - it gets filthy almost immediately.
*Product: I don't think I've ever experienced so much fallout in my entire life. I had read some reviews warning me of this and I didn't take it seriously. Why would I? It was such a hyped product, every YouTube MUA was using it, everyone and their momma had this. But I really should've listened.
*Positives: Other than my gripes with the fallout, the colours are really nice. I like to use this for more glam looks. The Light Bronze shadow looks beautiful applied wet all over my lid because it looks almost exactly like my skin colour but with an intense shimmer, so I just look radiant and glowing. The black shadow is the blackest black I've ever had, and doesn't look faded and grey when I blend it into the outer V.
*Negatives: The lighter colours are a little... I don't know, chalky? Patchy? And I already mentioned the amount of fallout.

In the end, I'll continue to use this palette because it really does have lovely shades. I can deal with the fallout, I guess. I won't repurchase and I'm glad I didn't pay full price!

on 2/5/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

There have been so many wonderful comments about this palette and I will second all of them. Just can't believe it has taken me so long to get my hands on one of these. Every single time I would go into Ulta looking for this palette they were sold out. So after a while I gave up, until I finally decided to call ahead and have it held for me when they received the next shipment. So glad that I did because when I arrived at the store the shelf was bare, but my lovely palette was waiting for me behind the counter. Love it!!!! I have used this everyday since I purchased it. The versatility is incredible. Love love love!!!!!