LORAC PRO Palette

Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.5

on 10/12/2017 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Got this got this for $62 as I am not in the States. The package is good, It has a good mirror (that I personally never use), but it gets dirty in no time because of the material it is made of.
About the product itself, I dont love it. I don't understand all the rave it gets. It's a basic palette I know, the mattes are not bad but they don't stay on my eyes for more than 3 hours and after 6 hours (which is the average time I wear my makeup) they look patchy and awful.
I really hate one of the eyeshadows (deep purple). I thought it was literally deep - purple, bht it is black whit shimmer (not purple at all). Also Black is a weird black gray.
I had really high expectations on this palette as it is loved in the beauty community, but I regret purchasing it all the time and never reach for it.

If I could keep only one eyeshadow palette, it would def. be this one. This palette has everything I need in an eyeshadow palette, and Lorac's formula, at least in this palette, is one of the best in the industry. The shadows are soft, blend like a dream, and I can go all out glam, or subtle for casual days, and professional for work. I love it. So many looks to be made with this one. I never have to reach for any other palette to complete or compliment an eye look.

Price: $42, and its worth it

Packaging: Cardboard. Black. Ok, so not fancy, and the black does get messy with smudges that don't come off, but I'm ok with it. It has a mirror, comes with a primer, but no brush.

The only way they could have possibly made this better is to include a brush. Other than that, this one gets a blue ribbon.

on 5/25/2017 2:02:00 AM

Honestly this palette is so overhyped in my opinion. The colours are too cool toned for my liking and they end up looking too muddy especially as time goes on. The colours just don't stand out once they're on the lid and it looks messy and muddy once on the lid. In the pan the colours look so good but it does NOT translate to the eyes well which is a major disappointment. I've tried so hard to use and like this palette but it's so underwhelming. I really regret buying this! I would not recommend this to anyone

on 4/30/2017 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like that the shadows go on very nicely and I like the color selection ; however it's a very fragile palette and I broke two shadows the first week I had it by setting the palette down too hard on my table.

on 9/14/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It took me a loooong time to jump on this bandwagon/try this palette out. Not that I didn't think the colors were pretty and right up my alley, but because I actually wasn't familiar with Lorac products. I finally picked this up recently and have to say that I can barely put it down. I adore this palette!

These go on like butta - seriously smooth! They blend like a dream and, are highly pigmented, and the color payoff is just outstanding. You get 16 shades; 8 matte and 8 frosted. I would say this is a warm toned palette, which is always waht I tend to gravitate toward. The only color in this palette I don't use is black (I don't do black or silver shadows), but even so, its stunning and performs well for those who do go for black shadow shades. Performance and formulation wise, I actually like this palette way more than my Viseart Theory palettes which only hold 6 shades per palette and cost around the same price as the Lorac palette.

This is an exceptional palette for those who are into warm shades, and a major color staple for Fall looks.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I hate loracs packaging. Shadows always end up shattering! I've realized that while I enjoy Lorac shadow quality, hate these colors. They don't work for me! Well not for what I want out of an eyeshadow palette. I'm NC45. I love the Lorac Pro palette two tho!!

on 8/20/2016 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I already own several palettes so this one isn't really unique. It has beautiful basic staple colors that everyone should have in their makeup collection. The performance of the shadows is outstanding in terms of blendability. They blend so effortlessly and the pigment is amazing. The texture and performance reminds me of the Morphe palettes. So in other words they feel cheap because they're quite dry. When putting your brush in the matte shadows, it does kick up A LOT of dust. I feel that the price of $44 is reasonable considering you're getting 16 eyeshadows and a travel size eye primer. The eye primer it comes with is a "silicony" one. There's .32 oz in the palette and .19 oz in the primer. I also own the Lorac Unzipped eyeshadow palette, which is unique from any other palette I have (more rose-gold tones) and Lorac Unzipped Gold palette. All of the matte shades kick up so much dust!!

My final though is this: I would repurchase only because the shades are very easy to work with (both frost and matte). However I HATE the fact that the matte shadows kick up so much product when you just dab your brush in it. It is a real annoyance for me, but won't stop me from buying more Lorac palettes.

on 6/24/2016 6:11:00 PM

This is a must-have. I got this as a Christmas present a few years ago never even heard of the palette and decided to give this a go. I did some research on some looks I could do on YouTube/Pinterest and surprisingly found so many! The first time I used this I instantly fell in love. I've hit pan on the color Taupe and that was my HG transition shade for like ever! And I've hit pan on the color Sable. Taupe and Sable were the best transition/crease shades that I've used for hundreds of looks! I've also noticed that this palette was used by one of my favorite makeup gurus on YouTube, Jaclyn Hill, for one of her most viewed videos called the "bombshell" look and it was absolutely stunning!!

Pros:
-LOVE the fact that it had half matte and half shimmers
-neutral colors!
-highly pigmented
-love how buttery all the shades were
-hands down the best brand for matte shadows
-great variety
-the Nude shade leaves such a stunning color underneath the brows!!😩 Fantastic highlight (HG)

CONS:
-the packaging can get messy. I've had this palette for almost 3-4 years and it got dirty and you can tell it was very well loved hahaha
-it's kind of expensive but worth every penny
-the dark purple color doesn't appear purple when swatched and on the eyes, it's just a super dark color
-the black color isn't the truest black color.it appears almost very dark gray. My naked 2 palette's Blackout shade is by far the best/truest black color!

on 5/18/2016 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own a LOT (translation: ridiculous amount) of eyeshadows & eyeshadow palettes. I feel that if you were only going to buy one palette - this would be the one I would recommend. It truly covers all the bases. You have an equal amount of shimmers and mattes. There are highlight shades, crease/blending/transition shades, liner shades, lid shades, smokey shades, neutrals, etc. There's a good variety & range of colors that I think will suit all skintones. The shadow quality is nice & typical Lorac - very soft, pigmented, and blendable. These do definitely last all day on me, although I always use an eyeshadow primer. The packaging is a sleek black cardboard palette with a mirror. The shadow pans are slightly smaller than some other palettes (UD Nakeds, for example), but you still get a nice variety & amount. I enjoy this palette, and I would definitely repurchase it.

on 5/12/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is amazing! The quality of the shadows is superb--great pigmentation, easy to blend, minimal fallout. The color selection is really top notch. Every color you'll need for any kind of eye look. You have your highlights--both matte and shimmery. You have crease shades and transition shades for every skin tone. You have liner shades. You have great lid shades, like pewter and garnet. It's super versatile, I can use it on face and eyes (taupe as contour, light bronze as highlight). This palette is great for both beginners and experts. I would recommend this palette 10 times over. Great buy!