LORAC PRO Palette

Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.6

on 9/22/2016 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ordered this from the US and payed way too much but I don't regret it for a second. Sooooo pigmented. Urban Decay is nothing compared to this. I like The Balm but nothing compares to this palette. Perfect color selection. I can use every color in the palette. My eyes look awesome with this. I feel more beautiful.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is such an amazing palette. This being my first makeup palette, it was such a good decision buying this. All the colors are extremely buttery and heavily pigmented. The only dud in the palette is the color champagne. It has waaayy too much fallout, which sucks bc it's a beautiful color. This is an absolutely perfect palette to begin with and it's very high quality. Even the primer that comes with it is very good and although it's small, it has lasted me two years. You get a good selection of mattes and shimmers and no two colors are alike. Even though the case gets dirty easily, I like how sleek it is and easy to travel with. Good price for what you get!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite palette EVER. I spent dozens of trips to sephora and Ulta comparing eyeshadow formulas and color combinations before deciding to buy this one and I'm so happy I did. I wear boring neutral looks and this is the palette just for that. The eyeshadows are so soft and blendable, and so so opaque(including the black). When you barely dip a brush in the powder it picks it up like magic because it's so soft. I also love how there is a mixture of warm and cool. My only teeniest complaint is that the packaging gets pretty dirty due to the cardboard. I'd prefer a metal or plastic palette. Also, if you want a more create palette with less boring colors, this is not for you.

on 10/23/2015 8:31:00 AM

I would give this a 3.5 or even a 3.75 if I could. I do like this, but for my purposes it is not really an ideal palette. I love the LORAC shadow formula, but because a lot of these colors are mid tones, it is very easy to get muddy looks with this. I also think the colors with the exception of gold, garnet, and light bronze (these are are some of the standout shades) run on the cool side, and I just don't like that with my coloring. It is not the most flattering on me.

I do really like the mid tone mattes and all of the dark colors, so that is a plus. Taupe and mauve are great transition shades. I do love pewter, because it is a nice mix of gray and brown without turning plum (this is a huge issue with me and taupes) and I love how slate and purple are dark shimmers that blend well without fallout.

My biggest issues are the light colors. There are too many. White is too stark for my uses, but good if you want a pigmented white. Cream and light pink are nice base shades, but I really don't need two base shades in a palette that are so close to each other. Nude and champagne are huge fails on me. Both are very similar and very frosty light colors. They appear to be a white frost on me. I need some color with lighter shades, these wash me out. Champagne has the added sin of glitter fallout. The light shades in Pro 2 are an excellent example of making lighter shades that still have differences on my skin, and I was so disappointed because Nude and Champagne do look beautiful in the pan.

Overall, I far prefer Pro 2 because of the versatility. If you like the color selection in this palette it is a good choice because the LORAC formula is amazing, but beware that the first four to five colors on the left are all very similar.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Okay, I absolutely am in love with this palette! I am extremely picky when it comes to eyeshadows and eyeshadow palettes. I have tried the Urban Decay Basics palette and to be completely honest I did not particularly like it. I thought the colour pay off was quite crappy considering the price of the product ;( but this baby was definitely worth the money! I originally purchased this because a friend of mine was raving about how brilliant this product was, and after a bit of debating I thought it was time to splurge and try it out - I am sure glad I did! This is some of the most pigmented eyeshadows I have ever tried, to me it feels almost like a creamy consistency (for a powder eyeshadow keep in mind), and it does not flake or budge or crease at all which is what you would expect from a high-end product like this. I bought this over a year ago and I still haven't hit pan on any of the eyeshadows and I use this palette about 5 or 6 days a week consistently. Since it is very pigmented you do not have to use a lot of eyeshadow to get a prominent look. If you are a person with a heavy hand you may want to stray from this a little bit as this is for light handed people since it is so pigmented. You only need to slightly dab your eyeshadow brush into one of the eyeshadows to get enormous pay off. Definitely would recommend this :)

As for the eyeshadow primer that came with the palette: I would not repurchase that. I mean it was quite a lovely primer but not worth the price as there are much better primers for a lot cheaper. However, if you are looking for a higher end primer I would definitely check this one out. I have oily eyelids and this totally took the oil out of it and helped my eyeshadow and eyeliner stay in place all day - even through sports activities such as volleyball. I also only got a sample of the LORAC primer and it lasted for months! So it will not be used up very quickly. You only need a pea sized amount on your eyelids to get the job done.

on 7/3/2015 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this palette. First of all, I love the formula of Lorac shadows, specifically from this palette. I love the velvety feel of them and the way they apply and blend so easily. I definitely prefer it over the formula of UD shadows, which I tend to have trouble with blending. My only gripe is that I tend to reach for the same few shades, but that is more of an issue with a lack of branching out to different eyeshadow looks. This palette can be bought for a lower price, specifically with an HSN (?) deal that makes it roughly around $20 or so. I recommend this for someone who is a beginner and is just branching out into mid-end products if they had been previously using drugstore, specifically because it is so easy to blend and create neutral looks with (if that's your thing). I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again if I miraculously used up all of it.

on 6/27/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really struggle with my feelings on the LORAC Pro Palette. I really, really want to love it. It's got a wonderful array of neutral shades with a few pops of color thrown in for good measure. Taupe is the best for my crease. There's so many things I, in theory, should love about this palette.

But the truth is, I don't really love it. I like it so-so, but it's not a love. I can't say that I would never repurchase it because I'm technically on my second one, but it's a regret buy. I exchanged my first one on Reddit's /r/makeupexchange and I'll likely be doing it again with this one as well.

Here's the main problem: the colors just come out muddy within a few hours of wearing them. I've experimented with primers (LORAC, Too Faced, UD, NARS, etc.), MAC Paint Pots, etc. and the result is the same. I've mixed up how I blend: very little amounts, excessive amounts, the result comes out to be the same. Within hours, the color is one, large, taupe-y blah mess on me.

The colors are lovely and have decent pigmentation, but if they can't stay the colors I'm looking for, I don't necessarily know that it's worth me buying and using still. Even the darkest shades become dull and gray-colored after a few hours of wear.

It's a good work horse palette, though. The shades are great neutrals and it's solid for those with conservative work environments, but still able to play nice if you're looking for a night on the town or some fun with your looks.

Pros:

- Nice mix of mattes and satins
- Taupe is the most wonderful crease shade (for those on the lighter end of the skintone spectrum)
- Decent pigmentation
- Great for any kind of work environment

Cons:

- After few hours of wear, colors become muddied even with different primers/Paint Pots/bases, etc.

on 12/31/2014 6:48:00 PM

I love the Lorac Pro, its my HG eyeshadow palette. I think it has a great range of neutral colors and I love that it's half matte half shimmer. In particular, cream is the best all-over base color I've found and both Taupe and Mauve are great crease/transition colors for me while pewter is the perfect shade for my outer V and lower lash line. In addition, I like that none of the shades seem truly out of my league, sable isn't too warm, I love the gold shade, and deep purple makes an excellent liner. My only complaint is that there is some fall out with the shimmer shades, since they are so soft. Tapping off excess over the pan certainly helps though. Bottom line: Lorac Pro eyeshadow formula is my HG and this, of the pro palettes, offers the best shade selection for me. I'm really worried about hitting pan on cream, but when I do rest assured I'll pick up a new palette.

on 11/20/2014 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So I finally succumbed to the LORAC Pro Palette, and while I think this a great mix of neutrals, it's not the end all be all of eye shadow combos. I like that this is an equal split of matte and shimmer shades. I tend to go for the matte shades more as I find shimmers tend to migrate more which I hate! The colors are rich and very pigmented, and are a nice selection of soft and bold colors. I'd recommend this alone on the fact that you get many great colors, with excellent lasting power and non-transfer qualities. This palette is WAY better than any of Urban Decay's Naked palettes, which are over-hyped and over-priced in my opinion.

on 10/30/2014 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have pined after this for a few years, but it's not available in Australia, so when I found it on Amazon with shipping to Australia for $42 (plus shipping) I couldn't resist. It's so beautiful, a little goes a long way, the shadows are buttery and not chalky. They're easy to blend and I love that there are 50% matte shades. The shimmer shades are lovely they're wearable shimmers, not glittery in your face ones that are apparent in other popular palettes. The shades work together wonderfully so no matter your make up skill level you could use this no worries. The bonus eye shadow primer is great too, my shadow stayed fresh looking until it was time to remove it at bedtime. Side note if you buy off Amazon- their packaging for postage is poor I've heard many reports of broken palettes bring received. Mine was okay, but just so you know.