LORAC PRO Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.5

If I could keep only one eyeshadow palette, it would def. be this one. This palette has everything I need in an eyeshadow palette, and Lorac's formula, at least in this palette, is one of the best in the industry. The shadows are soft, blend like a dream, and I can go all out glam, or subtle for casual days, and professional for work. I love it. So many looks to be made with this one. I never have to reach for any other palette to complete or compliment an eye look.

Price: $42, and its worth it

Packaging: Cardboard. Black. Ok, so not fancy, and the black does get messy with smudges that don't come off, but I'm ok with it. It has a mirror, comes with a primer, but no brush.

The only way they could have possibly made this better is to include a brush. Other than that, this one gets a blue ribbon.

on 4/30/2017 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like that the shadows go on very nicely and I like the color selection ; however it's a very fragile palette and I broke two shadows the first week I had it by setting the palette down too hard on my table.

on 6/24/2016 6:11:00 PM

This is a must-have. I got this as a Christmas present a few years ago never even heard of the palette and decided to give this a go. I did some research on some looks I could do on YouTube/Pinterest and surprisingly found so many! The first time I used this I instantly fell in love. I've hit pan on the color Taupe and that was my HG transition shade for like ever! And I've hit pan on the color Sable. Taupe and Sable were the best transition/crease shades that I've used for hundreds of looks! I've also noticed that this palette was used by one of my favorite makeup gurus on YouTube, Jaclyn Hill, for one of her most viewed videos called the "bombshell" look and it was absolutely stunning!!

Pros:
-LOVE the fact that it had half matte and half shimmers
-neutral colors!
-highly pigmented
-love how buttery all the shades were
-hands down the best brand for matte shadows
-great variety
-the Nude shade leaves such a stunning color underneath the brows!!😩 Fantastic highlight (HG)

CONS:
-the packaging can get messy. I've had this palette for almost 3-4 years and it got dirty and you can tell it was very well loved hahaha
-it's kind of expensive but worth every penny
-the dark purple color doesn't appear purple when swatched and on the eyes, it's just a super dark color
-the black color isn't the truest black color.it appears almost very dark gray. My naked 2 palette's Blackout shade is by far the best/truest black color!

on 5/12/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is amazing! The quality of the shadows is superb--great pigmentation, easy to blend, minimal fallout. The color selection is really top notch. Every color you'll need for any kind of eye look. You have your highlights--both matte and shimmery. You have crease shades and transition shades for every skin tone. You have liner shades. You have great lid shades, like pewter and garnet. It's super versatile, I can use it on face and eyes (taupe as contour, light bronze as highlight). This palette is great for both beginners and experts. I would recommend this palette 10 times over. Great buy!

on 2/23/2016 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I deliberated over and researched this palette to death for over two months, and finally pulled the trigger. I don't have access to LORAC where I live so I had to buy it sight unseen with only the reviews and swatches to go on. Needless to say I was excited. I had one LORAC palette before (Miss Davenporte) and while I love the texture of their shadows I found the colour selection not so great for my skintone.

Anyway on to this palette. While the quality of the shadows is good, with pretty decent colour payoff, I just don't get excited when I use this palette. In fact, I kind of have singles of most of these colours already in my collection, and in some cases better versions of the colours. My favourite shades so far have been Mauve, which is an interesting medium shade, and a surprise like was Garnet which I had anticipated ignoring altogether since I don't usually use red eyeshadow. Oh and I really love Slate, even though I have similar colours, it is just a very flattering blue-grey shimmer.

I was most disappointed in the light wash colours like Nude, Champagne and Cream. They appeared a bit grainy on my eyelid instead of smoothly, and I still ended up buying an eyeshadow single to meet my all over wash needs.

So I was a little let down by this palette because I expected it to be really amazing based on all the reviews. Perhaps, if you already have a lot of these colours, you can give it a skip. It's certainly a great palette if you don't already have a tonne of eyeshadow, as I admittedly do, and the quality of the product is good for the price.

Just one last note, the shadows are packed rather loosely and a lot of product is kicked up by makeup brushes, so all you need to do is tap lightly to pick up colour. I see this as a minus because I think a lot of product is wasted this way.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I only recently bought this as a Christmas gift............... for myself. I've been wanting it for quite a while but couldn't get myself to do it. I'm a neutrals girl though so I knew my self-control would only last for so long.

The reason why I eventually gave in was because I moved away to a dorm this year. I only go home about once a month so I have to carefully choose what makeup to bring each time. (I switch it up each time.) I knew I couldn't bring a bunch of singles or a bunch of palettes. I needed something that I could do a bunch of different looks with! So... I went for it.

At first, I was a little shocked. This palette is so hyped up so I expected great things. The texture of these shadows are a DREAM - they are soft and buttery. The only downside I found with using this palette was the staying power. I found that the shadows creased throughout the day, even with just using powder. But, I found a solution: I set my eye primer with some powder and I'm good to go. I just thought that detail was important.

Mauve and Taupe are my favorite crease and transition shades. They look great on the skin.

I would recommend this for those who want to have a one-stop palette.

on 10/4/2015 6:52:00 PM

First of all, I'm Canadian, so Lorac products are extremely difficult for me to get. Putting that aside, I saw the reviews on this palette, so I knew I had to get it one way or another.

The shadows are so soft, and I love the idea of a row of matte and a row of shimmer. Everything shows up so well, even the lighter mattes. I always use eyeshadow primer, because it helps with the application and longevity of products. These shadows last all day and don't get muddy. There is quite a bit of fallout, so I took off a lippie for that. Otherwise, this is an amazing palette for a great price. My only wish is that the palette could clip close instead of having a magnetic clasp. I'm always worried it'd slip open or something.

Definitely get the palette if you can afford it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I purchased this for $42.00 USD from Amazon. This is a solid selection of matte and shimmer. The texture of the shadows is very good. The powder feels almost creamy and each shad has pigmentation. Unfortunately, it tends to kick up a lot of dust within each pan so the packaging tends to get dirty very quickly.

A good neutral palette. It is versatile and I would definitely recommend it to someone looking for the basics. If you have many palettes, it is quite dupable.

White - A matte (?) cool toned white. I found this actually had a small amount of microshimmer when examined under a bright light. I prefer matte, slightly darker, more yellow toned shades for the brow bone and actual shimmer for inner eye highlight so this shade is a tad useless for me. I'll probably use this as an all over shade to help blending after I finish cream.

Cream - A matte pale beige. Used as a base lid colour after eye primer to assist with blending. This is lighter and pinker than my natural skin colour.

Taupe - A matte, warm toned medium brown. Works as a good crease or transition colour for my skintone. Reminds me of Urban Decay Buck but it tends to run warmer.

Lt. Pink - A matte (?) pale pink. I thought this shade also contained a mauveish microshimmer under bright lights though it is not otherwise noticeable. Also nice as an overall lid shade.

Mauve - A matte, cool toned muted plum. Useful as a cool toned crease/transition colour. It pairs well with Lt. Pink and Garnet.

Sable - A matte, medium dark reddish brown. Nice if you want to darken the outer-v on a more neutral day or as a crease colour on a more dramatic eye-look.

Espresso - A matte, dark blackish brown. Nice to subtly line upper and lower lashlines. Useful for darkening the outer-v for more intense looks.

Black - A matte black. I typically use this to set liquid or gel eyeliners or to smoke out the lashline.

Nude - A shimmery, warm champagne beige. Similar to Urban Decay Virgin but less pink toned. I use this for the inner corner as well as sometimes as a face highlight. Also nice in halo eyes.

Champagne - A shimmery, cool toned silvery champagne. I don't really like this shade. It is the shade most prone to fall out in the palette and after every use I find silver sparkles under my eye.

Gold - A shimmery warm toned medium gold. It leans slight orange though it is mostly neutral. Looks amazing with Garnet.

Lt. Bronze - A shimmery, light-medium beige. A subtle easy one shadow look for days you're rushed for time.

Pewter - A shimmery, cool toned brown with strong purple undertones. When you blend this out the purple comes through much more. Also nice for a darker one shadow look.

Garnet - A shimmery muted copper that leans brown. A standout shade in the palette.

Deep Purple - A shimmery dark purple with a blackened base. Not my favourite shade. The purple doesn't really show up and when blended leaves mostly the black base.

Slate - A shimmery gunmetal with cool blue undertones. This is a decent shade though not one I typically gravitate towards.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Some of the eyeshadows in here are my HG! I love that the mattes actually show up on my medium skin and don't look dry or chalky. The only thing I don't like is that the staying power is not that great for the price. I never have to wear eyeshadow primers because almost every eyeshadow lasts all day for me, except this one, even with primer. However I still love that this palette is great for an everyday look and can still be used for a night out unlike the Naked palettes that are only good to wear for special occasions.

on 7/2/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've had this palette for a good three months so I've had enough chances to play with it. It's a versatile palette because in one small slim compact you can definetely create several looks, just a wash of colour on the lid, a summer bronzy look, a more classic smokey eye. So it's easily what I reach most during the week. Pewter is probably my favourite shade, with a good primer, it achieves the same performance of a high end shadow stick. There are some very interesting matte crease colours with enough pigment to complement a smokey eye and they're my favourite in the palette. I'm a bit less keen on the shimmers, as they tend to become less defined when the weather warms up and mix in an undefined brown bronze. I prefer to use the shimmers on their own, so that the colour stays true with a good primer. It's a good palette and I'm glad I've got it, but there's room for improvement.