LORAC PRO Palette

4.8

on 9/14/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It took me a loooong time to jump on this bandwagon/try this palette out. Not that I didn't think the colors were pretty and right up my alley, but because I actually wasn't familiar with Lorac products. I finally picked this up recently and have to say that I can barely put it down. I adore this palette!

These go on like butta - seriously smooth! They blend like a dream and, are highly pigmented, and the color payoff is just outstanding. You get 16 shades; 8 matte and 8 frosted. I would say this is a warm toned palette, which is always waht I tend to gravitate toward. The only color in this palette I don't use is black (I don't do black or silver shadows), but even so, its stunning and performs well for those who do go for black shadow shades. Performance and formulation wise, I actually like this palette way more than my Viseart Theory palettes which only hold 6 shades per palette and cost around the same price as the Lorac palette.

This is an exceptional palette for those who are into warm shades, and a major color staple for Fall looks.

on 11/28/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm going to break this review into a few categories:

Packaging: I enjoy the slim, compact size of the palette. The magnetic closure and cardboard are lightweight but do a good job of protecting the shadows- I'm not afraid that they're going to shatter when I travel. The coating is rubberized and does attract dirt and fingerprints, which is something to consider if that bothers you. The mirror also lays very close to the shadows and tends to get dirty quickly. I don't mind these things- it makes the palette look well-loved.

Value: This is slightly cheaper than most mainstream palettes given the number of shadows (16), but the overall weight included is slightly less. Also, due to the texture, you do go through these faster than you would with a harder shadow. You get a good range of neutral colors so if you're just starting out and experimenting, I think this is a great price for the number of shadows. It also comes with an eyelid primer, which works fantastically for dry skin. I get 12 hours out of my shadows with this primer and I'm just finishing the tube after 10 months of 3-4x weekly use.

Quality of shadows: The top row of mattes are extremely soft and buttery, blend nicely, and have full pigment. If you are a bit rough, these can kick up extra powder- so be careful and make sure to tap off any excess you pick up. Because they are so soft and powdery, you go through the base & transition shades quite quickly. With daily use, you could go through Taupe or Mauve in about 2-3 months.
The bottom row of shimmers is slightly less consistent. Overall they are smooth & buttery with the exception of Champagne, which is chunky and has a lot of fallout. Nude, Gold, Lt. Bronze, and Slate are all richly pigmented and smooth, and they show up true to color. Pewter, Garnet, and Deep Purple have a nice texture but are not as pigmented and don't show up true to color on the lid.

Overall: This is a great palette for beginners that want to upgrade and get a set of high quality, blendable neutrals. While it's not the most inspiring palette, it does contain some of my favorite matte shadows. If the darker shimmery shades were replaced with higher impact colors it would be so much more fun to use. The pans are shallow and easy to use up. It's very compact and good for travel, and I love the primer it comes with.

on 9/26/2015 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This palette is a staple, great for beginners too. The texture of the eyeshadows are buttery and it goes on smooth on my eye lids. The colours are very pigmented and they show up well even on my tanned skin. The matte colours are great for transitioning and the crease, which i think is essential when it comes to eyeshadows. They last quite long for me, however when my sister uses this it creases a lot on her lids, even with eye primer. I guess it really depends on each individual.
I also wished that they had one or 2 warm matte eyeshadows in the palette. The brown mattes are all quite cool toned so if you are not a fan of cool toned shadows, this palette may not be for you. Otherwise, i think this is a great palette for both casual to glam makeup.

on 12/23/2014 12:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Let me start off by saying I am a hard core Urban Decay Junkie! So when I saw the Lorac Pro (1) I was not totally impressed. I mean, it wasnt as beautiful as my Nakeds. The mattes looked boring. The intense gold scared me! I watched review after review and decided since it was only 42$ (cheaper than my Nakeds) I would try it out. Wow! I am so impressed by the quality!
They are such soft shadows with intense pigmentation.

There are 8 matte and 8 shimmer shades:

Pewter - awesome all over color - A+
Garnet - looks amazing with deep purple in the outer corner! - A+
Deep purple - amazing intensity - A+
Slate - good color for some, just not me - A

swatching these colors for this review makes me fall even harder for this palette. It truly is worth every penny. The packaging sucks, it will always look dirty. But I didnt get mine for looks so I deal with it just fine.

If you are torn between the two loracs and CANT get both, I would personally get the 2 but either choice is a clear winner. Try Lorac and you will be hooked, I use one of the Loracs every day and I own all the Nakeds and a ton of others!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like it, I never really owned anything high end (and this IS high end for me) except small UD pallete and I really love this one. Use it every day, the colors are beautiful and a little goes a long way.

on 8/26/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Oh my god I can't get over this pallet! I have lots of eyeshadows and this pallet trumps even my urban decay naked pallets! Lovely choice of colors, simple but elegant. Must have

on 4/8/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The older I'm getting, the more drawn to neutral shadows I'm becoming. I've collected so many that I need to be pretty choosy with new purchases. This made the cut and I am very glad I purchased it. The shadows are soft, well pigmented, and apply smoothly. There is a nice selection of your usual neutral shades and a few unique colors like Mauve. Very good investment.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was finally able to get my hands on this palette online through Ulta. It came with an eye primer. It comes with both matte and shimmer shades which I can appreciate since I like to play around with different looks. The colors are versatile and all flattering. The pigmentation I get is great and the colors go on smoothly and feel soft in texture. I wish I could have found this sooner as they are all beautiful shades, one of my favorites being the cream shade for highlighting the brow area. The palette itself is sleek looking, not bulky, and has a nice sized mirror. It makes it easier to travel with and slip into my bag. Highly recommend.

on 3/9/2014 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS PALETTE! I am a matte person but every once in a while I will opt for a more shimmery look. This is the only palette I will take with me when traveling especially because it is versatile, sleek, portable, and amazing quality. My mother and sister who tend to use my makeup are people who enjoy shimmer,this palette is great because they don't have to lug their palettes with them on vacation too. The case is like the rubbery nars compact so it does get finger prints but that is so easy to remove with a wet paper towel. Large mirror too. I do wish it had a brush but truly it is not a deal breaker. I would definitely repurchase. I use this every day! People compare this to the nakeds (I dont have those) but it is up to you on what you want to purchase, if you like shimmers more go with the naked but if you like both matte and shimmer, Lorac is the way to go.

on 8/13/2013 1:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the sleek packaging, and the price is not too bad for what you get. Very creamy and pigmented, with great color variety(in nudes). I feel like if you invest in this palette you need NO MORE NUDES!!! You would pretty much have it all, even smokies!

Very pleased with this purchase.