LORAC PRO Palette

LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This palette is a workhorse palette for me. This is definitely the most used palette I've owned. It has mostly neutral colors. A good amount of these colors lean cool (many of the lighter colors) while many of the medium/darker colors are either neutral or cool toned. Despite my warm toned skin, I find a lot of these colors to work well with my brown eyes.

I like the texture of these eyeshadows better than Urban Decay. These have better pigmentation, blendability, and less fallout than UD, imo. This is a very well balanced palette. The best part of the palette is that is has an equal amount of matte and shimmery colors, as well an equal amount of light and dark colors. They have at least three blending colors (taupe, mauve, and sable) and colors to darken a look.

The eyeshadows are a good size. I have been using it almost daily for 2 months and haven't hit pan yet. The only complaint I'd have is that there are some colors that are a little redundant. The light colors (white, light pink, cream) are very light and look pretty similar on my skintone (warm,NC20). The gold color is a very orange gold and is pretty bold. I didn't quite like the look of the gold and neither did my boyfriend! So, there's some colors in the palette that I could do without.

But I love the heck out of the brown, black/grey, or purple shades. The espresso is a beautiful brown and looks great on brown eyes. I'll use the black to line my top eye (I'm too oily skinned to wear it on the bottom!) I ended up wanting to return my Too Faced Chocolate Bar and Stila in the light palette because I feel there are colors that I like that are already in the Lorac pro palette.

My favorite looks: Using Maybelline's color tattoo eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe and layering Pewter on top and finish with black liquid liner. Beautiful!

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I longed for the Lorac Pro Palette for six months before finally deciding to bite the bullet and purchase it. It looked like the perfect neutral eyeshadow palette, and I was THRILLED that half the shades were matte and half were shimmery, and they were organized in a logical fashion.

CONS:

-The first knock against it came with the packaging. Beautiful upon first being unboxed, but of a matte cardboard material that seemed to want to attract every speck of powder and moisture in its vicinity. I almost felt uncomfortable holding it, and I have a feeling it would start showing wear very quickly.

-The second knock was when I realized just how small the shadows are. I know, I could have payed better attention before purchasing it to the ounces listed or the size in comparison pics, so the expectation for larger pans was partially my fault. But really, I felt like I could barely fit a finger tip or brush into the pans without smudging shadow onto the edges of the packaging.

Getting onto the real important part, the eyeshadow application:
-My first issue: not all the matte eyeshadows were actually matte.
Both White and Lt Pink had sparkles. It wasn't just overspray, or residue from the shimmery shades in the bottom row; the shades had definitive flecks of sparkles within the formula. Now this might not be a deal-breaker for many because the flecks are still within a matte base, but it just didn't work for me.
-Additionally, both Cream and Lt Pink were sheer and just too light, even for my fair (NC10-15) skin, and neither looked very different when applied (except for the sparkles in Lt Pink.)
-Taupe was far too warm to be considered taupe. It's just a light warm brown.
-Champagne had chunks of glitter.
-Nude disappeared onto my eyelids.

Sorry about all that.

Moving on to the PROS (Or, why did I still give it 4/5 lippies?):
-Creamy, soft formula.
-Great organization and variety of shades.
-Nice mirror.
-Absolutely gorgeous darker shades. Pewter looked fabulous slapped on the lid. I would almost keep the palette for that shade alone. Slate applied damp as a liner had to be one of the prettiest, most unexpectedly flattering shades I've ever seen.

Bottom line: I was disappointed by the shades I had been most interested in, and I'm not a fan of the packaging or the small size of the pans, BUT I think the palette is still a valiant effort on Lorac's part and I know that many out there will love it.

on 11/8/2012 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I i had to recommend just one nude palette out of all the neutral palettes that are out at the moment this would be the only one I would suggest. It has everything you need for an eye look. Matte colors and shimmers all packed into a cute little case. love it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials