LORAC PRO Palette

Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.7

on 2/15/2016 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Bought this for prom but use it daily. All the colors are beautiful and smooth. It doesn't feel like too much for school as long as I stick to the left side of the palette. I just wish there was a skin tone shimmery shade for my tan-ish skin. Also, champagne has glitter that tends to travel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought myself this palette for my 16th birthday last year and ever since then, I've used it almost every day!! I think this palette has everything you need including matte and shimmery highlight shades, to beautiful lid colors and transition shades, deeper matte colors to intensify any look and it also includes a few fun colors to play with :) My favorite shades in here would probably be cream, light bronze, nude and mauve. Even though it is $42, I think you get your money's worth. I got my palette at Kohl's and they usually have sales going on so if you have coupons or gift cards, you would pay a lot less! Overall this has become one of my favorite palettes and I just think it is a great versatile palette that would flatter everyone.

on 6/12/2015 11:44:00 PM

This palette is one of the most popular for a reason-it is a great every day palette and well worth the money. The shadows are highly pigmented and buttery and very easy to apply and blend.

I love the variety of textures (both shimmer and matte) and colors (mostly warm neutrals, but also has black/blue/shimmery burgundy if you want to add a bit of interest or smokiness).

My quick go-to work look is cream on the lid and browbone and a mix of taupe and mauve in the crease. It really is a 30 second eye and wears all day (the shadows are very pigmented and wear well all day long, but I always use primer because I have oily lids).

The palette is also very compact and the shadows don't break easily, even when traveling, so it's very travel friendly.

on 12/8/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm always looking for a neutral eyeshadow palette. I'm an eyeshadow palette hoarder, it's unhealthy. I'm obsessed with this palette, I use it every single day, everytime I do my makeup. I neglect my other palettes because I'm always using this one. The palette itself is a dust magnet. Everything sticks to it, the lettering is fading and chipping. I've had My palette for almost a year and it looks pretty beat up. Which is okay, because that just mean it's been loved. there's also a nice sized mirror that you can easily use to apply your makeup, if needed. This palette gives you a variety of finishes and shades. The top row is matte and the bottom is shimmer and satin finish. From left to right, the palette goes from light to dark. With the wide variety of shades/finish, you can create an eye look for any time of the day. There's a good amount of product in each pan. Every eyeshadow is super pigmented and creamy. These eyeshadows show up well and are long lasting with or without an eyeshadow primer. I haven't noticed any fallout or anything. My biggest fear when buying palettes is not knowing if I'm going to use the majority of the eyeshadows. I don't have that problem with this palette. I've used/like every eyeshadow in this palette, every shade is wearable, Imo. A lot of people compare this to Urban Decay's Naked. I don't think they're the same in any way- there's two different palettes, two different concepts. I like the Naked palette and everything, but I prefer the pro palette. Maybe because this palette provides more matte shades, I don't know. I recently started project 10 pan. Project 10 Pan is when you choose 10 products that you want to hit pan on or finish, for whatever reason. It can be makeup, skincare, haircare, whatever you want. I've hit pan on sable, espresso and pewter, and I put a dent in sable and mauve. Lt Bronze, Slate, and Garnet are my new-found favorites. Nude, champagne, and white are my favorite inner corner highlights. I can see myself finishing this palette by the fall.

on 11/20/2014 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So I finally succumbed to the LORAC Pro Palette, and while I think this a great mix of neutrals, it's not the end all be all of eye shadow combos. I like that this is an equal split of matte and shimmer shades. I tend to go for the matte shades more as I find shimmers tend to migrate more which I hate! The colors are rich and very pigmented, and are a nice selection of soft and bold colors. I'd recommend this alone on the fact that you get many great colors, with excellent lasting power and non-transfer qualities. This palette is WAY better than any of Urban Decay's Naked palettes, which are over-hyped and over-priced in my opinion.

on 10/15/2014 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm surprised that this palette isn't getting a lot more love!

I've the Naked 3 palette, but actually prefer this over the Naked 3. In terms of color variety, this palette actually has lovely mid tone shades like bronze, gold, garnet (hello, lovely!) and slate, with almost double the number of matte shades compared to any of the Naked palettes.

My only gripes are: yes, the packaging is a fingerprint magnet and doesn't feel as durable as Urban Decay's tin boxes. Yes, the white shadow on top left corner is actually shimmery and not matte. And yes, I wish the lighter shades (pink and champagne) were actually dark enough to show up as actual colors instead of all looking like cream shadows on anyone except the palest gals out there.

But really, all these do NOT stop me from enjoying these shadows- good color variety, high pigmentation, buttery feel, long-lasting especially with the primer on. Will I repurchase? Yes please!

on 8/21/2014 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I got a great deal on this ($20.00 off, a small tube of primer and free shipping) that I couldn't pass up. The other reviews have already said it all regarding the pigmentation etc. and I already had the Pocket Pro and the Skinny so I pretty much knew what to expect in that area. What I didn't expect is just how much I like this palette compared to the UD Naked 1 palette which I love. I actually may like this one a tad better simply because of the mattes which, with the exception of the pink one, don't come off chalky or muddy when blended out on me (NW45) Lots of people have said if you have Naked 1 you really don't 'need' the Pro, however I think it's a nice complement to the N1. If I ever lost this I would purchase it again IF I could get the same deal.

So gorgeous! The colors are rich, pigmented and silky. They blend together seamlessly and effortlessly. I would buy it again. (Mine came with a small tube of Lorac primer that I have enjoyed as well) Overall, the quality is amazing. Great palette for warm skin tones. However, it is not as long-lasting as I would have hoped. I have plenty of drugstore shadows that do better.

I like this palette; however, there aren't as many possibilities of this palette as there are for the Naked palettes. Good pigmentation and little to no fallout.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This palette is a workhorse palette for me. This is definitely the most used palette I've owned. It has mostly neutral colors. A good amount of these colors lean cool (many of the lighter colors) while many of the medium/darker colors are either neutral or cool toned. Despite my warm toned skin, I find a lot of these colors to work well with my brown eyes.

I like the texture of these eyeshadows better than Urban Decay. These have better pigmentation, blendability, and less fallout than UD, imo. This is a very well balanced palette. The best part of the palette is that is has an equal amount of matte and shimmery colors, as well an equal amount of light and dark colors. They have at least three blending colors (taupe, mauve, and sable) and colors to darken a look.

The eyeshadows are a good size. I have been using it almost daily for 2 months and haven't hit pan yet. The only complaint I'd have is that there are some colors that are a little redundant. The light colors (white, light pink, cream) are very light and look pretty similar on my skintone (warm,NC20). The gold color is a very orange gold and is pretty bold. I didn't quite like the look of the gold and neither did my boyfriend! So, there's some colors in the palette that I could do without.

But I love the heck out of the brown, black/grey, or purple shades. The espresso is a beautiful brown and looks great on brown eyes. I'll use the black to line my top eye (I'm too oily skinned to wear it on the bottom!) I ended up wanting to return my Too Faced Chocolate Bar and Stila in the light palette because I feel there are colors that I like that are already in the Lorac pro palette.

My favorite looks: Using Maybelline's color tattoo eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe and layering Pewter on top and finish with black liquid liner. Beautiful!