LORAC PRO Palette

Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.3

on 4/27/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I guess im in a reviewing mood this evening and had to include this palette. I own quite a bit of eyeshadow palettes and reach for my Lorac and MACs most often. This original pro palette is my favorite. The colors are super pigmented and glide on with just a slight hand. I prefer cool tone grays and plums, but also like layering the warmer colors in this palette to keep the cooler colors from looking to harsh.

What I love most about this palette is how the colors translate. The plum doesn't look purple it instead reads as a beautiful smokey gray plum. It's a really sophiscated palette with amazing color payoff without looking like Barbie (no offense lol). If you are a newbie to eyeshadow palettes this might be intimidating at first but I think is great palette to learn from. Lorac in my opinion has the best eyeshadows-super pigmented, silky finish and great staying power.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

What is there left to say about this palette? It's a great starter palette, it was the first higher end makeup item that I bought.

My favorite shadows (as a very pale, green eyed, dark blonde person) are pewter and garnet. The mattes are all great, but mauve may be my favorite.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am an outlier. LORAC pro isn't my favorite or most used palette. It just doesn't excite me like some of my others. Yes the quality is there. Yes the colors are pretty. But I have others that I just feel fit my skin tone and eye color better. I'll keep it and power through but I won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used and loved LORAC shadows in the past, but this palette is horrible. This is probably my most hated makeup item. I am tempted to toss it in the trash. The colors look beautiful and are extremely pigmented, but they are so powdery that they are unworkable. Even the smallest tap with a brush leaves a powdery mess and the colors blend together as a horrible muddy mess. Every color I try makes me look like I got punched in the eye or have some type of eye infection. The light shimmers are too glittery and frosty and look tacky.

If you want an easy, natural subtle look, this palette is not for you. The only thing I liked about the palette was the primer.

on 2/25/2015 3:30:00 AM

Before I purchased this, I have done some research on which eyeshadow palette I should buy. After watch a lot of reviews from youtube and read some blogs, I decided to buy it.

Bought it from Ulta online for $42. I was so excited when the package arrived. The package is thin, light, has a magnet on it so we can close it easily.

I love this palette because it has half matte and half shimmer. You can do "no makeup" look, everyday makeup, natural makeup, glam makeup, basically you can do any makeup look you want using this palette.

Besides having lovely shades, what I do love about this palette is the pigmentation. The dark colors are so pigmented and buttery, you just have to use very tiny amount and it will show off on your eyelid and will last all day. But I face some fallout on light colors such as nude, champagne, bronze. I don't mind at all because I use that light colors mainly for inner corner or on waterline only.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

If by some tragic twist of fate I could only use one eyeshadow palette for the rest of my life, the Lorac Pro would be my choice hands down. Lorac eyeshadow are my gold standard when it comes to formulation. They are buttery, pigmented, blendeable perfection. Every time I use this palette I forget how pigmented the shades are and I end up with too much product on my brush just by tapping it in the pan once. Yes, they're that good

As for the shade selection, the top row is all matte and the bottom row contains frosts, metallics, and shimmers. This allows for endless combinations. Sure, they aren't the most exciting colors in the world but they are all extremely wearable. You can use the lights for a day-to-day look or incorporate some of the darker colors for more dramatic looks. Personally, I think taupe+sable+espresso+black is the perfect combination for a classic smokey eye.

Even though this is my favorite palette, I do have to mention a few cons. After all, nothing is perfect. While the packaging is very sleek and lightweight, the cardboard allows for a lot of smudging to show. Not a big deal, but it is kind of annoying. And even though the shadows are amazing, there is one weak link: champagne. There is virtually no difference between champagne and nude except for the fact that champagne is a glittery mess. However, I can overlook this because the rest of the shadows are perfection.

Overall, I'd say the Lorac Pro Palette is a must have. Holy grail. Desert island. To die for. Buy it. Like now.

on 8/13/2014 10:00:00 PM

I use this product nearly every day of the week!
It's got the perfect pigments for a work setting, so I don't look too crazy.
The slim packaging is amazing, and I absolutely love the balance of both matte and shimmer shadows. They apply on very smoothly, I am very impressed and will recommend this product to anyone that wants a neutral palette!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my go-to palette. The eyeshadows are buttery and blend well, and both the shimmers and the mattes last all day for me (and I have oily lids). The palette has a great range of colors that let you create very versatile looks. I completely finished the Lt Bronze and Champagne shade, hit pan on Taupe, and have a very significant dip in Cream. While the palette is $42, you do get 16 shades, and the packaging is very sleek and light, so it's easy to travel with.

I did take a lippie off because there is fall out, especially from the Champagne shade. The fall out from that color left glitter on my face.

on 10/30/2013 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Just purchased this today from Ulta on a whim but I'm very reassured after reading a couple of other reviews. Like many others, I was on the fence with UD Naked 2. i Love UD but $50 was just out of my comfort zone. I love the feeling of a deal lol. Lorac sold me when this I saw that this palette also came with their liquid eyeliner and eye primer for only $39!!!! So go to Ulta and purchase this like yesterday!

on 10/23/2013 6:39:00 PM

This was my first high end palette (but I didn't have a lot of eyeshadows before anyways) and I'd even debating between the 2 naked palettes, stila in the light, and this. All of the girls at sephora were telling me that they loved these shadows and they were so right! They're so creamy and easy to blend and had all the colours, matte and shimmery that I need, including a matte black that I often use to subtlety line my upper lash line. No complaints about the price, $42 for 16 gorgeous shadows and a decent primer in travel size.