LORAC PRO Palette

Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.6

on 10/30/2014 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have pined after this for a few years, but it's not available in Australia, so when I found it on Amazon with shipping to Australia for $42 (plus shipping) I couldn't resist. It's so beautiful, a little goes a long way, the shadows are buttery and not chalky. They're easy to blend and I love that there are 50% matte shades. The shimmer shades are lovely they're wearable shimmers, not glittery in your face ones that are apparent in other popular palettes. The shades work together wonderfully so no matter your make up skill level you could use this no worries. The bonus eye shadow primer is great too, my shadow stayed fresh looking until it was time to remove it at bedtime. Side note if you buy off Amazon- their packaging for postage is poor I've heard many reports of broken palettes bring received. Mine was okay, but just so you know.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This palette is a workhorse palette for me. This is definitely the most used palette I've owned. It has mostly neutral colors. A good amount of these colors lean cool (many of the lighter colors) while many of the medium/darker colors are either neutral or cool toned. Despite my warm toned skin, I find a lot of these colors to work well with my brown eyes.

I like the texture of these eyeshadows better than Urban Decay. These have better pigmentation, blendability, and less fallout than UD, imo. This is a very well balanced palette. The best part of the palette is that is has an equal amount of matte and shimmery colors, as well an equal amount of light and dark colors. They have at least three blending colors (taupe, mauve, and sable) and colors to darken a look.

The eyeshadows are a good size. I have been using it almost daily for 2 months and haven't hit pan yet. The only complaint I'd have is that there are some colors that are a little redundant. The light colors (white, light pink, cream) are very light and look pretty similar on my skintone (warm,NC20). The gold color is a very orange gold and is pretty bold. I didn't quite like the look of the gold and neither did my boyfriend! So, there's some colors in the palette that I could do without.

But I love the heck out of the brown, black/grey, or purple shades. The espresso is a beautiful brown and looks great on brown eyes. I'll use the black to line my top eye (I'm too oily skinned to wear it on the bottom!) I ended up wanting to return my Too Faced Chocolate Bar and Stila in the light palette because I feel there are colors that I like that are already in the Lorac pro palette.

My favorite looks: Using Maybelline's color tattoo eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe and layering Pewter on top and finish with black liquid liner. Beautiful!

on 11/23/2012 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like but don't absolutely love this product. That being said, it is a great overall product for those of us who like toned-down, soft looks. It's NOT a replacement for UD Naked 1, which has much more rich, shimmery tones.

As always, Lorac's e/s are very soft and blendable. At first, I was disappointed at how small each square e/s is, but each color is richly pigmented so you only need a tiny bit of each when you use them. The packaging is lovely, it's light, thin (perhaps half the thickness of the UD Naked palettes) and made of durable plastic, so it fits nicely against the side of a bag if you need to travel with it. I like that it's not fuzzy or rubbery like other palettes, so it doesn't get dirty as easily and is easy to wipe down.

The color range is well-balanced with good light, medium and dark shades, although I think there's at least 4 different browns in this palette so it leans sliiiightly warm. I love some of the shades more than others. The mattes (top row) are my favorite because they are buttery and well-pigmented without being OVERLY pigmented. The most unique color has to be the "Mauve" e/s because it's a beautiful, light, plummy color. The shimmers (bottom row) range from shimmery to satin-finish, which suits me because I like understated colors that don't look like a glitterfest.

However, am taking off a lippie because despite the great color range, the 4-6 lightest shades tend to look the same on my NC25/30 skin. I think this palette suits fairer skin types more because you can use ALL the colors and get them to show up true to the pan shade, whereas if you're medium-skinned or darker, you may only get good use out of 2/3 or 1/2 of the palette.

EDIT: Bumped this up to 5 stars. Traveling with this palette was a dream because of the packaging's thiness, and I recently fell in love with the dark purple shade. It's an AWESOME smokey and/or crease color.

on 1/10/2013 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Bought this palette after watching rave reviews on YouTube. I was really interested in the matte shadows. They are all good quality colors, easy to blend and good color pay off. Just be careful to tap off excess shadow because they do have quite a bit of fall out. I would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite palette off all time. I'm not a fan of glittery shadows so all the Naked's are a no-go for me. These shadows are all matte or shimmer but it's a true shimmer- not glitter!!