LORAC PRO Palette

Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.7

on 4/30/2017 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like that the shadows go on very nicely and I like the color selection ; however it's a very fragile palette and I broke two shadows the first week I had it by setting the palette down too hard on my table.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought myself this palette for my 16th birthday last year and ever since then, I've used it almost every day!! I think this palette has everything you need including matte and shimmery highlight shades, to beautiful lid colors and transition shades, deeper matte colors to intensify any look and it also includes a few fun colors to play with :) My favorite shades in here would probably be cream, light bronze, nude and mauve. Even though it is $42, I think you get your money's worth. I got my palette at Kohl's and they usually have sales going on so if you have coupons or gift cards, you would pay a lot less! Overall this has become one of my favorite palettes and I just think it is a great versatile palette that would flatter everyone.

on 11/2/2015 5:56:00 PM

If I had to describe this palette in three words, it would be long-lasting, blendable, and pigmented. A little goes a long way; just the slightest dip of my makeup brush holds more than enough pigment. I love blending Sable and Espresso together to deepen the outer half of my eye, and Light Bronze is just the perfect base shade that I'm almost completely out of at this point.

I would say that this palette is more pigmented than the Urban Decay Naked Palettes, although I do prefer the variety of shades in the Naked Palettes. Either way, the Lorac Pro Palette is a high quality product that I would recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Okay, I absolutely am in love with this palette! I am extremely picky when it comes to eyeshadows and eyeshadow palettes. I have tried the Urban Decay Basics palette and to be completely honest I did not particularly like it. I thought the colour pay off was quite crappy considering the price of the product ;( but this baby was definitely worth the money! I originally purchased this because a friend of mine was raving about how brilliant this product was, and after a bit of debating I thought it was time to splurge and try it out - I am sure glad I did! This is some of the most pigmented eyeshadows I have ever tried, to me it feels almost like a creamy consistency (for a powder eyeshadow keep in mind), and it does not flake or budge or crease at all which is what you would expect from a high-end product like this. I bought this over a year ago and I still haven't hit pan on any of the eyeshadows and I use this palette about 5 or 6 days a week consistently. Since it is very pigmented you do not have to use a lot of eyeshadow to get a prominent look. If you are a person with a heavy hand you may want to stray from this a little bit as this is for light handed people since it is so pigmented. You only need to slightly dab your eyeshadow brush into one of the eyeshadows to get enormous pay off. Definitely would recommend this :)

As for the eyeshadow primer that came with the palette: I would not repurchase that. I mean it was quite a lovely primer but not worth the price as there are much better primers for a lot cheaper. However, if you are looking for a higher end primer I would definitely check this one out. I have oily eyelids and this totally took the oil out of it and helped my eyeshadow and eyeliner stay in place all day - even through sports activities such as volleyball. I also only got a sample of the LORAC primer and it lasted for months! So it will not be used up very quickly. You only need a pea sized amount on your eyelids to get the job done.

on 6/20/2015 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this palette .. I got it for my birthday ( a guilty pleasure fulfilled 😁👏) and I must say it's amazing , it's a beautiful everyday palette with matte's and shimmers .. The colors apply smoothly and blend nicely .. It also came with an eye primer .. It has nice crease colors and lid colors ranging from matte to shimmery to satin and metallic (gold) .. Overall a great value for the price , color payoff and quality of the palette itself .. Highly recommend it if you're in the market for a neutral palette that goes great with most skin tones .. And it's really versatile , I use it to fill in my eyebrows, as eyeliners , face highlight and just a basic wash of color on my lid when I'm not in the mood for eyeshadow and it also has great transitioning shades
.. And with the eyeprimer the shadows stay amazing and pigmented throughout the day 👏👏

on 5/20/2015 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Despite owning several eyeshadows and eyeshadow palettes, I find myself reaching for this one the most.

Buttery, pigmented, pretty neutral shades -this is what I call a perfect neutral palette!

on 10/15/2014 11:03:00 PM

This is a great everyday staple begginer's pallete. The colors are beautiful and have a decent pay off.

on 10/15/2014 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm surprised that this palette isn't getting a lot more love!

I've the Naked 3 palette, but actually prefer this over the Naked 3. In terms of color variety, this palette actually has lovely mid tone shades like bronze, gold, garnet (hello, lovely!) and slate, with almost double the number of matte shades compared to any of the Naked palettes.

My only gripes are: yes, the packaging is a fingerprint magnet and doesn't feel as durable as Urban Decay's tin boxes. Yes, the white shadow on top left corner is actually shimmery and not matte. And yes, I wish the lighter shades (pink and champagne) were actually dark enough to show up as actual colors instead of all looking like cream shadows on anyone except the palest gals out there.

But really, all these do NOT stop me from enjoying these shadows- good color variety, high pigmentation, buttery feel, long-lasting especially with the primer on. Will I repurchase? Yes please!

So Ive been lusting after this palette for a while now, but due to my geographical position on the earth (England). I have been unable to get my hands on it. Until my best friend recently went over to the states to visit some family and with her she took a rather long shopping list of things to buy me :) One of those things was this beauty!

Now that I am the proud owner of a Lorac Pro Palette, I can say that it is all I ever dreamed it would be! (am I being slightly over dramatic?) The shadows are so lovely and creamy in consistency and the fact that there are eight shimmer and eight matte shades means that this palette is really all you need with regards to neutral palettes. The shades combine perfectly to create a variety of daytime and smokey evening looks.

Ill give a brief description of each of the shades:

Mattes

White- is as you would expect a slightly off white, not too chalky as some can be.

Cream- a lovely light pink/beige shade, that works perfectly as an eyeshadow base or a highlight on your brow bone or cupids bow, if you want a natural pop of light rather than a metallic shimmer that some highlighters can give

Taupe- more brown/beige than purple, as I would expect taupe to be, but a lovely colour none the less. I love to use this colour as a base for a smokey brown eye or just a light contour. It reminds me a bit of UD Buck, if you wanted a comparison.

Light Pink- is a lovely pale rose colour.

Mauve- is a peachy/ purple light mauve.

Sable- is a lovely rich red brick brown colour.

Espresso- is a dark, deep, brown shade with a red undertone.

Black- is black, really good pigmentation, doesnt come out grey until really blended out.

Shimmer

Nude- is a pretty rose champagne colour, with subtle shimmer.

Champagne- is more shimmery that nude and has less pink in it.

Gold- is a shimmery copper.

Lt. Bronze- is a lighter pinky bronze, with subtle shimmer

Pewter- is a dark burgundy plum/chocolate colour.

Garnet- is a deep reddish copper, a teeny bit orange for my skin (NC15), but I think it would look lovely on a darker completion.

Deep Purple- is a really dark purple. A really lovely alternative to black if you dont want to look to dark.

Slate- is a deep subtle shimmery gunmetal silver.

All in all I think the Lorac Pro Neutral Palette is amazing, definitely going to get a lot of use out of this one.

Review was copied from my Blog http://timetoblogbeauty.wordpress.com

Run down of all colours: I swatched each one on my hand and described them:

mattes:
white - pigmented, blendable, very white, slightly chalky. I have very fair skin so I can use it as a brow bone highlight if i blend it well.
cream - not as pigmented as white, not chalky, subtle and blendable.
taupe - one of my favourites, I looove brown eye shadows and this one is perfect as an every day crease colour, so blendable.
lt. pink - very very brightening, a bit chalky tho, blendable (noticing the trend?)
mauve - another favourite, a purple-brown, buildable, blendable.
sable - great for the lower lash line and the outer v/darker crease. very pigmented, blendable, buildable.
espresso - very pigmented, deep dark brown, fallout, when using, tap off brush before applying to eye.
black - pigmented, deep black.

shimmery/satins:
nude - probably my favourite of the bottom row, gorgeous, blendable, buildable, champagne colour.
champagne - very similar to nude, except nude is more shimmery and champagne is almost glittery, but very fine glitter. not an everyday colour but still pretty.
gold - stunning, incredibly pigmented gold eye shadow, blendable, buildable.
lt. bronze - very pretty light golden bronze, blendable, buildable.
pewter - stunning, grey-brown with a pretty sheen. little bit of fallout, buildable, blendable.
garnet - satiny red/brown/gold beautiful shade, blendable, buildable.
deep purple - dark, intense, satin finish deep deep deep purple, blendable, buildable.
slate - gorgeous, cool greyish blue, blendable, buildable, beautiful.

I am really enjoying this palette, the packaging is very nice, compact and sleek. It has a good sized mirror, but i took away a lippie because it gets dirty very easily (like Nars packaging but not as bad) also I feel like it could be crushed in a suitcase whilst travelling.

It costs 42$ at Ulta, its a good value considering the quality and compared to Guerlain, Dior, Chanel (designer brands) who charge more
for less product. The shadows are very nice quality, even tho several of them have fallout it doesn't make a mess of your face if you tap off the excess on the side of the palette. Use a light hand and you can create many many beautiful looks, ranging from natural to very dramatic. On the bottom of the palette you can scan a little barcode to find tutorials on line.

Strongly recommend this palette, and can't wait to try out the Pro 2 next time I'm in the USA.