LORAC PRO Palette

LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.6

on 5/25/2017 2:02:00 AM

Honestly this palette is so overhyped in my opinion. The colours are too cool toned for my liking and they end up looking too muddy especially as time goes on. The colours just don't stand out once they're on the lid and it looks messy and muddy once on the lid. In the pan the colours look so good but it does NOT translate to the eyes well which is a major disappointment. I've tried so hard to use and like this palette but it's so underwhelming. I really regret buying this! I would not recommend this to anyone

on 12/5/2016 4:51:00 PM

When I first got this palette. I wasn't impressed. I wasn't inspired by the shade selection, which is very basic. I found the formula too soft, lots of kick-up and fall-out. Though the shadows are very pigmented, I thought they muddied up when I tried to blend.

But as I've used this palette more, I see what the hype's about. To avoid fall-out and muddiness, you just have to go in with as little product as possible and blend as you go. These are very pigmented, so there's no need to go in with a lot at once. Do that, and you'll get fall-out and a muddy look. However, used correctly this is a fantastic formula. It's so creamy, pigmented, and blends nicely when I use the aforementioned technique.

The shades are very basic, shades everyone should have but not particularly exciting. You can definitely create a lot of distinct looks using this if you use your imagination. It's nice for hooded eyes since you get a lot of mattes and I do love the layout, with all the mattes on top and shimmers on bottom. The formula is consistent throughout, none of the shadows are duds. I think this is a good palette to have in your collection.

on 6/14/2016 12:47:00 AM

This palette is the most versatile one that I own. With it's color selection and it's half matte/half satin or shimmer selection I can create simple daytime to dramatic night out looks. These shadows make professional quality eyelooks easy.

Pros: Great silky, pigmented, and blendable formula. Nice combo of colors and matte/shimmer. Some warm and some cool shades that are flattering on most people. SUPER long lasting; when I wear these with other brands the Lorac always outlasts the others by 2-3 hours.

Cons: Champagne's glitter is a bit too chunky and tends to give me sparkle face fall-out. Deep purple looks more like a charcoal on the eye which I found incredibly disappointing because I love purple.

Tip: Since these are crazy pigmented use a light hand. I find the softer, less densely packed eyeshadow brushes are the best to use with this formula.

on 2/22/2016 2:39:00 PM

Got this and the Pro 2 for Christmas. I use them everyday though I think I use the colors from the Pro 2 slightly more. Love the pigmentation and blending. My favorite color on this one is by far the mauve. Cream is a common base, and Garnet gets used a good bit as well.

on 2/18/2016 1:38:00 AM

Pros:
1. Unbelievable texture! Very soft and buttery!
2. Amazing color payoff.
3. Very blendable.
4. Wonderful selection of colors! Very dynamic.
5. Comes with a primer.
6. Has a large mirror for ease in application.

Cons:
1. The matte rubber packaging attracts dirt, glitter, and powder! Similar to Nars packaging.
2. Expensive.

I love this palette more than my Urban Decay Naked 3 and Smoky. This is cheaper than the UD palettes but I have to say, personally, I love the texture and application of Lorac shadows than UD. This is a must have for beauty junkies and collectors! I hope you'll love this as much as I do. :)

on 2/11/2016 1:37:00 PM

Very pigmented colors that are also good for every day use. I was gifted this and the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette at the same time so it's been interesting to compare the two. A lot of colors are similar but this palette does feel overall more pigmented and I like the mattes. The only little thing is the color Champane is very dusty for some reason and kind of gets outside its little square a lot.

The packaging gets SOO dirty and smudgy though, after 1 week it looked like I'd been using it for months. Kind of annoying!

This is my most used pallete. I use it almost everyday. The colors can be used for work, for a night out, or just a casual day hanging out with your friends. The shadows blend so smoothly and are buttery. This palette has matte and shimmery shadows so it's perfect for someone that is looking for an everyday palette. It is one of the cheaper high end palettes, so if you are looking for something that you will get use out for a decent price, this is it. I like the slim packaging, but the black material does stain easily . It doesn't take up much room, so it's perfect for traveling!

on 7/25/2015 8:24:00 PM

I'm in the minority who doesn't really like this palette. For reference, im nc42 medium tan skin, black hair and black eyes. Pros- 1. the eyeshadow quality is awesome. shadows are very pigmented, great colour payoff, blend easily. 2. the slim packaging is great for travel/ storage 3. i like that there are 12 shades, even though they're only 1gram each. Cons- 1. the shade range does nothing for me. Colours like champagne look way too stark on my skintone. I hate slate shades and the deep purple colour ends up looking black. Also im not a fan of light pink shades for my lid. I wish there were more yellow toned lighter shades. 2. the outside packaging gets dirty sooo easily. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging but after using this for a while it just looks so dirty.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I already love Lorac, and couldn't wait to purchase this. The first time I saw it in store, I actually thought for a moment they were cream shadows because they are literally THAT creamy. I was a little worried when I saw reviews here about the pans running out quickly and there being so much waste when picking up the product with a brush. I bought it anyway, as I often do despite warnings, and I'm so glad I did. First, yes you need to use a light hand. This is not a hard, chalky cheap palette. This is an insanely pigmented, rich and creamy shadow, so I actually just lightly tap my brush on the shade once. Then I tap it on my lid. If I need more, which is rare, I repeat. It makes zero sense to rub at the pan to coat the brush and then tap the excess off. Why on earth anyone would do that, I have no idea. I have never run into a palette this pigmented and every shade performs well. I actually had to get used to not applying this like my other palettes, and sometimes I find myself being more vigorous than I need out of habit. I owned Naked 3 for about 4 days, and returned it because it was so disappointing. I have never gone back to UD as I see no point when Lorac consistency puts out amazing products. The shade Nude in this palette reminds me of Dust from N3, except Nude isn't made of freaking dust particles. It actually applies to the lid. So happy I picked this up and I can see it lasting a long time as I've had it several weeks, have used at least one shade daily, and it looks like I've used it maybe once. And mine isn't filthy either, I'm sure it has something to do with my light tap application.

on 1/2/2015 4:19:00 AM

My absolute favorite palette! When I travel, this is the only palette I need to bring as it is so versatile. The pigmentation is amazing, so use a lighter hand, especially with the darker colors.

Popular Palettes