LORAC PRO Palette

Filtered by skin type : Combination
LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.6

If I could keep only one eyeshadow palette, it would def. be this one. This palette has everything I need in an eyeshadow palette, and Lorac's formula, at least in this palette, is one of the best in the industry. The shadows are soft, blend like a dream, and I can go all out glam, or subtle for casual days, and professional for work. I love it. So many looks to be made with this one. I never have to reach for any other palette to complete or compliment an eye look.

Price: $42, and its worth it

Packaging: Cardboard. Black. Ok, so not fancy, and the black does get messy with smudges that don't come off, but I'm ok with it. It has a mirror, comes with a primer, but no brush.

The only way they could have possibly made this better is to include a brush. Other than that, this one gets a blue ribbon.

on 5/25/2017 2:02:00 AM

Honestly this palette is so overhyped in my opinion. The colours are too cool toned for my liking and they end up looking too muddy especially as time goes on. The colours just don't stand out once they're on the lid and it looks messy and muddy once on the lid. In the pan the colours look so good but it does NOT translate to the eyes well which is a major disappointment. I've tried so hard to use and like this palette but it's so underwhelming. I really regret buying this! I would not recommend this to anyone

on 12/5/2016 4:51:00 PM

When I first got this palette. I wasn't impressed. I wasn't inspired by the shade selection, which is very basic. I found the formula too soft, lots of kick-up and fall-out. Though the shadows are very pigmented, I thought they muddied up when I tried to blend.

But as I've used this palette more, I see what the hype's about. To avoid fall-out and muddiness, you just have to go in with as little product as possible and blend as you go. These are very pigmented, so there's no need to go in with a lot at once. Do that, and you'll get fall-out and a muddy look. However, used correctly this is a fantastic formula. It's so creamy, pigmented, and blends nicely when I use the aforementioned technique.

The shades are very basic, shades everyone should have but not particularly exciting. You can definitely create a lot of distinct looks using this if you use your imagination. It's nice for hooded eyes since you get a lot of mattes and I do love the layout, with all the mattes on top and shimmers on bottom. The formula is consistent throughout, none of the shadows are duds. I think this is a good palette to have in your collection.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I hate loracs packaging. Shadows always end up shattering! I've realized that while I enjoy Lorac shadow quality, hate these colors. They don't work for me! Well not for what I want out of an eyeshadow palette. I'm NC45. I love the Lorac Pro palette two tho!!

on 6/24/2016 6:11:00 PM

This is a must-have. I got this as a Christmas present a few years ago never even heard of the palette and decided to give this a go. I did some research on some looks I could do on YouTube/Pinterest and surprisingly found so many! The first time I used this I instantly fell in love. I've hit pan on the color Taupe and that was my HG transition shade for like ever! And I've hit pan on the color Sable. Taupe and Sable were the best transition/crease shades that I've used for hundreds of looks! I've also noticed that this palette was used by one of my favorite makeup gurus on YouTube, Jaclyn Hill, for one of her most viewed videos called the "bombshell" look and it was absolutely stunning!!

Pros:
-LOVE the fact that it had half matte and half shimmers
-neutral colors!
-highly pigmented
-love how buttery all the shades were
-hands down the best brand for matte shadows
-great variety
-the Nude shade leaves such a stunning color underneath the brows!!😩 Fantastic highlight (HG)

CONS:
-the packaging can get messy. I've had this palette for almost 3-4 years and it got dirty and you can tell it was very well loved hahaha
-it's kind of expensive but worth every penny
-the dark purple color doesn't appear purple when swatched and on the eyes, it's just a super dark color
-the black color isn't the truest black color.it appears almost very dark gray. My naked 2 palette's Blackout shade is by far the best/truest black color!

on 6/14/2016 12:47:00 AM

This palette is the most versatile one that I own. With it's color selection and it's half matte/half satin or shimmer selection I can create simple daytime to dramatic night out looks. These shadows make professional quality eyelooks easy.

Pros: Great silky, pigmented, and blendable formula. Nice combo of colors and matte/shimmer. Some warm and some cool shades that are flattering on most people. SUPER long lasting; when I wear these with other brands the Lorac always outlasts the others by 2-3 hours.

Cons: Champagne's glitter is a bit too chunky and tends to give me sparkle face fall-out. Deep purple looks more like a charcoal on the eye which I found incredibly disappointing because I love purple.

Tip: Since these are crazy pigmented use a light hand. I find the softer, less densely packed eyeshadow brushes are the best to use with this formula.

on 2/22/2016 2:39:00 PM

Got this and the Pro 2 for Christmas. I use them everyday though I think I use the colors from the Pro 2 slightly more. Love the pigmentation and blending. My favorite color on this one is by far the mauve. Cream is a common base, and Garnet gets used a good bit as well.

on 2/18/2016 1:38:00 AM

Pros:
1. Unbelievable texture! Very soft and buttery!
2. Amazing color payoff.
3. Very blendable.
4. Wonderful selection of colors! Very dynamic.
5. Comes with a primer.
6. Has a large mirror for ease in application.

Cons:
1. The matte rubber packaging attracts dirt, glitter, and powder! Similar to Nars packaging.
2. Expensive.

I love this palette more than my Urban Decay Naked 3 and Smoky. This is cheaper than the UD palettes but I have to say, personally, I love the texture and application of Lorac shadows than UD. This is a must have for beauty junkies and collectors! I hope you'll love this as much as I do. :)

on 2/11/2016 1:37:00 PM

Very pigmented colors that are also good for every day use. I was gifted this and the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette at the same time so it's been interesting to compare the two. A lot of colors are similar but this palette does feel overall more pigmented and I like the mattes. The only little thing is the color Champane is very dusty for some reason and kind of gets outside its little square a lot.

The packaging gets SOO dirty and smudgy though, after 1 week it looked like I'd been using it for months. Kind of annoying!

on 1/13/2016 12:02:00 AM

Lorac is an amazing cosmetic brand! The pro palette contains both shimmer and matte shades that are buttery and extremely pigmented. The shimmer shades are super rich, spritzing some fix+ to your brush before you apply the eyeshadow makes the colors pop that much more.