LORAC PRO Palette

4.4

on 9/14/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It took me a loooong time to jump on this bandwagon/try this palette out. Not that I didn't think the colors were pretty and right up my alley, but because I actually wasn't familiar with Lorac products. I finally picked this up recently and have to say that I can barely put it down. I adore this palette!

These go on like butta - seriously smooth! They blend like a dream and, are highly pigmented, and the color payoff is just outstanding. You get 16 shades; 8 matte and 8 frosted. I would say this is a warm toned palette, which is always waht I tend to gravitate toward. The only color in this palette I don't use is black (I don't do black or silver shadows), but even so, its stunning and performs well for those who do go for black shadow shades. Performance and formulation wise, I actually like this palette way more than my Viseart Theory palettes which only hold 6 shades per palette and cost around the same price as the Lorac palette.

This is an exceptional palette for those who are into warm shades, and a major color staple for Fall looks.

on 8/20/2016 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I already own several palettes so this one isn't really unique. It has beautiful basic staple colors that everyone should have in their makeup collection. The performance of the shadows is outstanding in terms of blendability. They blend so effortlessly and the pigment is amazing. The texture and performance reminds me of the Morphe palettes. So in other words they feel cheap because they're quite dry. When putting your brush in the matte shadows, it does kick up A LOT of dust. I feel that the price of $44 is reasonable considering you're getting 16 eyeshadows and a travel size eye primer. The eye primer it comes with is a "silicony" one. There's .32 oz in the palette and .19 oz in the primer. I also own the Lorac Unzipped eyeshadow palette, which is unique from any other palette I have (more rose-gold tones) and Lorac Unzipped Gold palette. All of the matte shades kick up so much dust!!

My final though is this: I would repurchase only because the shades are very easy to work with (both frost and matte). However I HATE the fact that the matte shadows kick up so much product when you just dab your brush in it. It is a real annoyance for me, but won't stop me from buying more Lorac palettes.

on 5/18/2016 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own a LOT (translation: ridiculous amount) of eyeshadows & eyeshadow palettes. I feel that if you were only going to buy one palette - this would be the one I would recommend. It truly covers all the bases. You have an equal amount of shimmers and mattes. There are highlight shades, crease/blending/transition shades, liner shades, lid shades, smokey shades, neutrals, etc. There's a good variety & range of colors that I think will suit all skintones. The shadow quality is nice & typical Lorac - very soft, pigmented, and blendable. These do definitely last all day on me, although I always use an eyeshadow primer. The packaging is a sleek black cardboard palette with a mirror. The shadow pans are slightly smaller than some other palettes (UD Nakeds, for example), but you still get a nice variety & amount. I enjoy this palette, and I would definitely repurchase it.

on 5/12/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is amazing! The quality of the shadows is superb--great pigmentation, easy to blend, minimal fallout. The color selection is really top notch. Every color you'll need for any kind of eye look. You have your highlights--both matte and shimmery. You have crease shades and transition shades for every skin tone. You have liner shades. You have great lid shades, like pewter and garnet. It's super versatile, I can use it on face and eyes (taupe as contour, light bronze as highlight). This palette is great for both beginners and experts. I would recommend this palette 10 times over. Great buy!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I only recently bought this as a Christmas gift............... for myself. I've been wanting it for quite a while but couldn't get myself to do it. I'm a neutrals girl though so I knew my self-control would only last for so long.

The reason why I eventually gave in was because I moved away to a dorm this year. I only go home about once a month so I have to carefully choose what makeup to bring each time. (I switch it up each time.) I knew I couldn't bring a bunch of singles or a bunch of palettes. I needed something that I could do a bunch of different looks with! So... I went for it.

At first, I was a little shocked. This palette is so hyped up so I expected great things. The texture of these shadows are a DREAM - they are soft and buttery. The only downside I found with using this palette was the staying power. I found that the shadows creased throughout the day, even with just using powder. But, I found a solution: I set my eye primer with some powder and I'm good to go. I just thought that detail was important.

Mauve and Taupe are my favorite crease and transition shades. They look great on the skin.

I would recommend this for those who want to have a one-stop palette.

on 11/28/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm going to break this review into a few categories:

Packaging: I enjoy the slim, compact size of the palette. The magnetic closure and cardboard are lightweight but do a good job of protecting the shadows- I'm not afraid that they're going to shatter when I travel. The coating is rubberized and does attract dirt and fingerprints, which is something to consider if that bothers you. The mirror also lays very close to the shadows and tends to get dirty quickly. I don't mind these things- it makes the palette look well-loved.

Value: This is slightly cheaper than most mainstream palettes given the number of shadows (16), but the overall weight included is slightly less. Also, due to the texture, you do go through these faster than you would with a harder shadow. You get a good range of neutral colors so if you're just starting out and experimenting, I think this is a great price for the number of shadows. It also comes with an eyelid primer, which works fantastically for dry skin. I get 12 hours out of my shadows with this primer and I'm just finishing the tube after 10 months of 3-4x weekly use.

Quality of shadows: The top row of mattes are extremely soft and buttery, blend nicely, and have full pigment. If you are a bit rough, these can kick up extra powder- so be careful and make sure to tap off any excess you pick up. Because they are so soft and powdery, you go through the base & transition shades quite quickly. With daily use, you could go through Taupe or Mauve in about 2-3 months.
The bottom row of shimmers is slightly less consistent. Overall they are smooth & buttery with the exception of Champagne, which is chunky and has a lot of fallout. Nude, Gold, Lt. Bronze, and Slate are all richly pigmented and smooth, and they show up true to color. Pewter, Garnet, and Deep Purple have a nice texture but are not as pigmented and don't show up true to color on the lid.

Overall: This is a great palette for beginners that want to upgrade and get a set of high quality, blendable neutrals. While it's not the most inspiring palette, it does contain some of my favorite matte shadows. If the darker shimmery shades were replaced with higher impact colors it would be so much more fun to use. The pans are shallow and easy to use up. It's very compact and good for travel, and I love the primer it comes with.

This and the second one are my two favorite eye shadow palettes!!!! I like them ever more than the....Urban Decay palettes...😁. They just have so much versatility and looks within them it makes me use them every day!

on 9/26/2015 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This palette is a staple, great for beginners too. The texture of the eyeshadows are buttery and it goes on smooth on my eye lids. The colours are very pigmented and they show up well even on my tanned skin. The matte colours are great for transitioning and the crease, which i think is essential when it comes to eyeshadows. They last quite long for me, however when my sister uses this it creases a lot on her lids, even with eye primer. I guess it really depends on each individual.
I also wished that they had one or 2 warm matte eyeshadows in the palette. The brown mattes are all quite cool toned so if you are not a fan of cool toned shadows, this palette may not be for you. Otherwise, i think this is a great palette for both casual to glam makeup.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Some of the eyeshadows in here are my HG! I love that the mattes actually show up on my medium skin and don't look dry or chalky. The only thing I don't like is that the staying power is not that great for the price. I never have to wear eyeshadow primers because almost every eyeshadow lasts all day for me, except this one, even with primer. However I still love that this palette is great for an everyday look and can still be used for a night out unlike the Naked palettes that are only good to wear for special occasions.

on 7/2/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've had this palette for a good three months so I've had enough chances to play with it. It's a versatile palette because in one small slim compact you can definetely create several looks, just a wash of colour on the lid, a summer bronzy look, a more classic smokey eye. So it's easily what I reach most during the week. Pewter is probably my favourite shade, with a good primer, it achieves the same performance of a high end shadow stick. There are some very interesting matte crease colours with enough pigment to complement a smokey eye and they're my favourite in the palette. I'm a bit less keen on the shimmers, as they tend to become less defined when the weather warms up and mix in an undefined brown bronze. I prefer to use the shimmers on their own, so that the colour stays true with a good primer. It's a good palette and I'm glad I've got it, but there's room for improvement.