LORAC PRO Palette

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this pallete bascially everyday. I love all the shades, they are all very wearable for my skintone. (NC10/15 dark brunette hair, hazel eyes)

I've never experienced any negitive blendability issues that some of the other reviewers commented on. These shadows blend beautifully for me with very little fallout (except for Nude and Champagne.. I get some fallout with those but it's not terrible)
Other palettes do not compare in versatility of shades and the buttery consistancy of the shadows. Highly recommend!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The BEST eyeshadow palette! Love this! The packaging is great. It's sleek, black with a magnetic close and easy to take when traveling. The shadows are amazing. They have excellent pigmentation, don't flake and are super buttery. The colors themselves are a mix of warm/cool shade. There are 16 shadows, 8 matte and 8 shimmer/satiny. A perfect go to palette and well worth the money. It is a little on the higher price (around $50 USD) I can see the price being a put off as well as availability. I can easily get this at ULTA, but if you're not near an ULTA or Sephora it can be tricky. I also hear that this isn't readily available to people outside of North America. This is a shame and Lorac should make this more easily available because I have heard the complaints of many saying they want this and can't get it in their country. Online isn't always a good option for those because sometimes people can get ripped off by purchasing a bogus knock off (happens with MAC all the time). Lorac is a great high end brand and perhaps makes the best eyeshadows out there. Everyone should have the option of enjoying this great product.

on 2/27/2014 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

There are only 2 palettes I take when travelling, too face Natural eye and this one... and I have a HEFTY selection of palettes, I would have to say this one is my favourite, amazing pigmentation, buttery, blendable and can create many looks, I love LORAC eyeshadows, buy this now!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have never previously owned any of Lorac's products simply because they are near impossible to come by here in the UK, however, by some miracle I was given this wonderful palette as a gift and so now am able to do a review!
This is a very sleek, sophisticated little palette and I think what sets it apart from most other palettes that I own or have come across is that this palette offers a bigger selection of mattes as well as shimmers, which I think definitely makes all the difference. I'm sure many of you already know the shades, but I'll run through them anyway, the eight mattes are:
. White- Pretty self explanatory, its a matte white although I do see a little bit of shimmer, although that could be fall out from the colour below
. Cream- This is a matte peachy cream colour, similar to my all time favourite W.O.S from Urban Decay, perfect to go all over the lid to open the eye up a bit
. Taupe- This shade is a medium warm brown, really blendable making it a good crease colour
. Lt Pink- I'm not a lover of pinks, but this is a pale pink that's quite a cool, sheer pink but when paired with the browns it can be warmed up a bit if used all over the lid
. Mauve- This is a nice plum kind of colour, not too deep though, it reminds me of 'Nooner' from UD
. Sable- A deeper, warmer brown than taupe as we move down to the darker spectrum of the palette, a good outer v colour when doing a smoky look
. Espresso- This is pretty much the exact colour of espresso coffee, a deep, dark matte brown again perfect for intensifying the crease or outer v if doing a smoky look
. Black- I wouldn't actually say this is a true black, I definitely own more pigmented or 'blacker' shades of black if you will, it comes off a little grey but its still perfectly wearable and usable especially if you prefer your blacks to be a little less intense

Moving onto the shimmers:
. Nude- A pearly pink silvery shade, perfect for highlighting the brow bone or even for use on the face, it reminds me of a powdered version of Benefit's 'High Beam'
. Champagne- Once again pretty self explanatory, a champagne shade that is good for highlighting or using all over the lid, very shimmery and pretty
. Gold- This is actually quite an intense gold, it comes off a little bronzy when swatched, very warm toned and haven't got a lot of use out of it yet
. Lt Bronze- A very pale, shimmery bronze/taupe shade with a little tiny bit of a pink undertone, a very pretty understated sort of shade
. Pewter- Another bronzy shade, a little bit like 'Smog' and 'Darkhorse' from the Naked palette, only a little more brown I would say
. Garnet- A truly beautiful rust colour, a very warm tone with copper and red undertones, truly gorgeous
. Deep Purple- Yet another straightforward colour, a very deep violet shade I would say with the same sort of copper shade as garnet but its in the glitter if that makes any sense at all
. Slate- This is very similar to 'Gunmetal' from UD its a grey/silver shade, though definitely not a bright metallic silver, with a slightly cool, blue tone through it

Overall you've got a wonderful wide selection to choose from and work with, but I would say my most used and most favourite shade would have to be Garnet. I think it is a simply stunning shade and I have nothing else in my collection that I could compare it with, its quite a unique one for me although I'm sure there will be a dupe out there somewhere. I love the way it looks with or without a base, and it works well with purple and browns. I like to use it with UD 24/7 glide on pencil in 'Rockstar' with a bit of 'Deep Purple' in the crease plus a little black just to intensify and deepen the outer v.
My least used shade would have to be either the 'White' or 'Gold'. White is simply because I don't much like matte white on my brow bone, I'd only ever really use it on my inner tear duct but generally I would reach for my NYX jumbo pencil in 'Milk' for that. Gold just personally doesn't do much for my skin tone, though it can be incorporated for a fun summer look, but we are a while away from that season yet!
To finish off my review of this palette, I'd say it is perfect for those who maybe are first timers in the world of eye shadows as you pretty much have every shade you would need, from a neutral day time to a dark smoky for night time. Its obviously one of the best neutrals palettes if you love neutrals as much as I do. Would definitely recommend and buy again, even if only for the Garnet shade!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have both the Lorac pro and UD Naked palettes. I like them both, but if I only had the budget for one, it would be the Lorac palette.

The biggest difference to me is how powdery the Lorac colors are, but not in a bad way. I use Mac brushes to do my eye makeup, and a soft touch to the palette picks up tons of product. It goes on great and blends really nicely.

I use the lorac primer, and it works excellent with the eyeshadows, my looks last all day without creasing.

The only con is that you can not buy the colors individually. The highlight colors are my favorite ever, and I use them with my naked palette looks too. I wish I could buy full size versions of those. When I hit pan on those, it will be a re-purchase for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this palette along with the Behind the Scenes primer for a few months now. This is a great palette for everyday/ night/ work/ school looks. I bought it for the 8 matte shades but I've come to love the shimmer shades also. The only shade I dislike in this palette is the Deep Purple, it is too dark for my pale skin and I just don't care for it. The shades are very pigmented and need to be LIGHTLY picked up with a brush, no digging like any other palette or else you will get fallout and shadow everywhere. Lorac, in my opinion, makes amazing eyeshadow that beat Urban Decay in terms of pigmentation and smoothness. I would buy this palette again in a heart beat if something happened to mine.

Video Reviews & Tutorials