LORAC PRO Palette

Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.5

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like it, I never really owned anything high end (and this IS high end for me) except small UD pallete and I really love this one. Use it every day, the colors are beautiful and a little goes a long way.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I longed for the Lorac Pro Palette for six months before finally deciding to bite the bullet and purchase it. It looked like the perfect neutral eyeshadow palette, and I was THRILLED that half the shades were matte and half were shimmery, and they were organized in a logical fashion.

CONS:

-The first knock against it came with the packaging. Beautiful upon first being unboxed, but of a matte cardboard material that seemed to want to attract every speck of powder and moisture in its vicinity. I almost felt uncomfortable holding it, and I have a feeling it would start showing wear very quickly.

-The second knock was when I realized just how small the shadows are. I know, I could have payed better attention before purchasing it to the ounces listed or the size in comparison pics, so the expectation for larger pans was partially my fault. But really, I felt like I could barely fit a finger tip or brush into the pans without smudging shadow onto the edges of the packaging.

Getting onto the real important part, the eyeshadow application:
-My first issue: not all the matte eyeshadows were actually matte.
Both White and Lt Pink had sparkles. It wasn't just overspray, or residue from the shimmery shades in the bottom row; the shades had definitive flecks of sparkles within the formula. Now this might not be a deal-breaker for many because the flecks are still within a matte base, but it just didn't work for me.
-Additionally, both Cream and Lt Pink were sheer and just too light, even for my fair (NC10-15) skin, and neither looked very different when applied (except for the sparkles in Lt Pink.)
-Taupe was far too warm to be considered taupe. It's just a light warm brown.
-Champagne had chunks of glitter.
-Nude disappeared onto my eyelids.

Sorry about all that.

Moving on to the PROS (Or, why did I still give it 4/5 lippies?):
-Creamy, soft formula.
-Great organization and variety of shades.
-Nice mirror.
-Absolutely gorgeous darker shades. Pewter looked fabulous slapped on the lid. I would almost keep the palette for that shade alone. Slate applied damp as a liner had to be one of the prettiest, most unexpectedly flattering shades I've ever seen.

Bottom line: I was disappointed by the shades I had been most interested in, and I'm not a fan of the packaging or the small size of the pans, BUT I think the palette is still a valiant effort on Lorac's part and I know that many out there will love it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials