LORAC PRO Palette

Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.4

on 9/26/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hate this palette! So disappointed. Don't know if I got a faulty one or if it really is awful. The eyeshadow shades look gorgeous and really pigmented in the pan, however, on application I found them to be chalky and really bland 😕😕😕

on 6/12/2015 11:44:00 PM

This palette is one of the most popular for a reason-it is a great every day palette and well worth the money. The shadows are highly pigmented and buttery and very easy to apply and blend.

I love the variety of textures (both shimmer and matte) and colors (mostly warm neutrals, but also has black/blue/shimmery burgundy if you want to add a bit of interest or smokiness).

My quick go-to work look is cream on the lid and browbone and a mix of taupe and mauve in the crease. It really is a 30 second eye and wears all day (the shadows are very pigmented and wear well all day long, but I always use primer because I have oily lids).

The palette is also very compact and the shadows don't break easily, even when traveling, so it's very travel friendly.

on 2/5/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

There have been so many wonderful comments about this palette and I will second all of them. Just can't believe it has taken me so long to get my hands on one of these. Every single time I would go into Ulta looking for this palette they were sold out. So after a while I gave up, until I finally decided to call ahead and have it held for me when they received the next shipment. So glad that I did because when I arrived at the store the shelf was bare, but my lovely palette was waiting for me behind the counter. Love it!!!! I have used this everyday since I purchased it. The versatility is incredible. Love love love!!!!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like it, I never really owned anything high end (and this IS high end for me) except small UD pallete and I really love this one. Use it every day, the colors are beautiful and a little goes a long way.

Mattes
White is a creamy white. A bit too white
Cream is a very pale pinky beige. Amazing highlight without the shimmer.
Taupe is a great deep beige-brown similar to Buck from Naked. The perfect natural contour color.
Lt. Pink is a very pale pink that instantly brightens the eyes.
Mauve is a subtle mauve.
Sable is a reddish brown.
Espresso is a deep dark brown.
Black is a true black.

Shimmers
Nude is a frosty pale pink similar to Sin from Naked.
Champagne is a sparkly pale beige pink (also) similar to Sin from Naked.
Gold is a shimmery copper.
Lt. Bronze is a medium pinky bronze. Love this color.
Pewter is a dark plum chocolate much like Hustle from Naked
Garnet is a deep reddish copper.
Deep Purple is a super deep purple. Almost looks black with a beautiful purple shimmer.
Slate is a deep shimmery gunmetal.

on 6/30/2014 12:57:00 PM

I have recently purchased Lorac Pro and Pro 2 and am very impressed. Lora Pro definitely has color selections that are warm and cool toned and will work well on all coloring . I am cool-toned (NW10) and have blonde hair and brown eyes and happy that I can use both Pro 1 and Pro 2. Lorac Pro has great eyeshadow choices and gives me the option to create many different looks from simple to smoky ..... I find the quality and pigmentation excellent and have no issues with fallout. The darker shades work great as an eyeliner or outer crease shade and are easy to apply and blend. I have also purchased the infamous Urban Decay Naked palettes and have to be honest and say that I prefer Lorac Pro 1 and Pro 2. Highly recommended.

on 12/1/2013 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hoard palettes. I hoard make-up in general but when a palette comes out, I have to have it. When I do y makeup in the morning I generally use 4-5 palettes because I am picking and choosing colors from each. This palette, however, is the exception. I LOVE IT.

When I am staying the night somewhere I used to have to take tons of different eyeshadows and palettes but I can make tons of several look with this one palette. It is the best. I am sure most of you know how companies LOVE to make their shadows with shimmer or glimmer and I really can't stand it sometimes. So this palette has 8 MATTE shades and 8 Shimmer shades. They really compliment each other. The "nude" color reminds me of Urban Decays Sin. Taupe Reminds me of UD's Buck. White and black or great dupes for Sonia Kashuks black palette. Espresso is a great dark chocolate. Pewter reminds me of YDK from Uran Decay or Satin Taupe from MAC. Nothing seems to be an exact dupe for another. The Cream color is a great highlight for the brow bone.

I bought it alone, which was $42 I believe. Later on they had a "Red Hot' set which came with a lot more and was only $39. That kind of irked me but I think it is worth it either way. Some days I like to wear all mattes. Like the Cream for the lid, and the sable for the crease, and others the Pewter is my fav.

It is VERY thin and sleek. It fits very well in your purse. The only thing I don't like is the way the palette is, it can get a lot of fingerprints on it. Other than that, it has a nice size mirror and is perfect for taking out overnight somewhere.

Overall. It is an excellent palette and a great buy for the money

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I longed for the Lorac Pro Palette for six months before finally deciding to bite the bullet and purchase it. It looked like the perfect neutral eyeshadow palette, and I was THRILLED that half the shades were matte and half were shimmery, and they were organized in a logical fashion.

CONS:

-The first knock against it came with the packaging. Beautiful upon first being unboxed, but of a matte cardboard material that seemed to want to attract every speck of powder and moisture in its vicinity. I almost felt uncomfortable holding it, and I have a feeling it would start showing wear very quickly.

-The second knock was when I realized just how small the shadows are. I know, I could have payed better attention before purchasing it to the ounces listed or the size in comparison pics, so the expectation for larger pans was partially my fault. But really, I felt like I could barely fit a finger tip or brush into the pans without smudging shadow onto the edges of the packaging.

Getting onto the real important part, the eyeshadow application:
-My first issue: not all the matte eyeshadows were actually matte.
Both White and Lt Pink had sparkles. It wasn't just overspray, or residue from the shimmery shades in the bottom row; the shades had definitive flecks of sparkles within the formula. Now this might not be a deal-breaker for many because the flecks are still within a matte base, but it just didn't work for me.
-Additionally, both Cream and Lt Pink were sheer and just too light, even for my fair (NC10-15) skin, and neither looked very different when applied (except for the sparkles in Lt Pink.)
-Taupe was far too warm to be considered taupe. It's just a light warm brown.
-Champagne had chunks of glitter.
-Nude disappeared onto my eyelids.

Sorry about all that.

Moving on to the PROS (Or, why did I still give it 4/5 lippies?):
-Creamy, soft formula.
-Great organization and variety of shades.
-Nice mirror.
-Absolutely gorgeous darker shades. Pewter looked fabulous slapped on the lid. I would almost keep the palette for that shade alone. Slate applied damp as a liner had to be one of the prettiest, most unexpectedly flattering shades I've ever seen.

Bottom line: I was disappointed by the shades I had been most interested in, and I'm not a fan of the packaging or the small size of the pans, BUT I think the palette is still a valiant effort on Lorac's part and I know that many out there will love it.

Absolutely LOVE this palette. It has taken over the #1 spot in my heart over Naked 1 BECAUSE THERE IS DIVERSITY. 1/2 matte, 1/2 shimmer. Lorac shadows are generally good (not as good as UD), there is fallout but nothing crazy. The shadows in this palette are very pigmented and finely-milled (creamy as some may say) and the colors are all you could want. As I get older I feel like an eye look that includes both shimmery and matte shades are most flattering so although I still love my Naked 1, this is now the palette I grab for most.