LORAC PRO Palette

LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.4

on 5/25/2017 2:02:00 AM

Honestly this palette is so overhyped in my opinion. The colours are too cool toned for my liking and they end up looking too muddy especially as time goes on. The colours just don't stand out once they're on the lid and it looks messy and muddy once on the lid. In the pan the colours look so good but it does NOT translate to the eyes well which is a major disappointment. I've tried so hard to use and like this palette but it's so underwhelming. I really regret buying this! I would not recommend this to anyone

on 12/5/2016 4:51:00 PM

When I first got this palette. I wasn't impressed. I wasn't inspired by the shade selection, which is very basic. I found the formula too soft, lots of kick-up and fall-out. Though the shadows are very pigmented, I thought they muddied up when I tried to blend.

But as I've used this palette more, I see what the hype's about. To avoid fall-out and muddiness, you just have to go in with as little product as possible and blend as you go. These are very pigmented, so there's no need to go in with a lot at once. Do that, and you'll get fall-out and a muddy look. However, used correctly this is a fantastic formula. It's so creamy, pigmented, and blends nicely when I use the aforementioned technique.

The shades are very basic, shades everyone should have but not particularly exciting. You can definitely create a lot of distinct looks using this if you use your imagination. It's nice for hooded eyes since you get a lot of mattes and I do love the layout, with all the mattes on top and shimmers on bottom. The formula is consistent throughout, none of the shadows are duds. I think this is a good palette to have in your collection.

on 6/14/2016 12:47:00 AM

This palette is the most versatile one that I own. With it's color selection and it's half matte/half satin or shimmer selection I can create simple daytime to dramatic night out looks. These shadows make professional quality eyelooks easy.

Pros: Great silky, pigmented, and blendable formula. Nice combo of colors and matte/shimmer. Some warm and some cool shades that are flattering on most people. SUPER long lasting; when I wear these with other brands the Lorac always outlasts the others by 2-3 hours.

Cons: Champagne's glitter is a bit too chunky and tends to give me sparkle face fall-out. Deep purple looks more like a charcoal on the eye which I found incredibly disappointing because I love purple.

Tip: Since these are crazy pigmented use a light hand. I find the softer, less densely packed eyeshadow brushes are the best to use with this formula.

on 2/11/2016 1:37:00 PM

Very pigmented colors that are also good for every day use. I was gifted this and the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette at the same time so it's been interesting to compare the two. A lot of colors are similar but this palette does feel overall more pigmented and I like the mattes. The only little thing is the color Champane is very dusty for some reason and kind of gets outside its little square a lot.

The packaging gets SOO dirty and smudgy though, after 1 week it looked like I'd been using it for months. Kind of annoying!

This is my most used pallete. I use it almost everyday. The colors can be used for work, for a night out, or just a casual day hanging out with your friends. The shadows blend so smoothly and are buttery. This palette has matte and shimmery shadows so it's perfect for someone that is looking for an everyday palette. It is one of the cheaper high end palettes, so if you are looking for something that you will get use out for a decent price, this is it. I like the slim packaging, but the black material does stain easily . It doesn't take up much room, so it's perfect for traveling!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

What is there left to say about this palette? It's a great starter palette, it was the first higher end makeup item that I bought.

My favorite shadows (as a very pale, green eyed, dark blonde person) are pewter and garnet. The mattes are all great, but mauve may be my favorite.

on 6/27/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really struggle with my feelings on the LORAC Pro Palette. I really, really want to love it. It's got a wonderful array of neutral shades with a few pops of color thrown in for good measure. Taupe is the best for my crease. There's so many things I, in theory, should love about this palette.

But the truth is, I don't really love it. I like it so-so, but it's not a love. I can't say that I would never repurchase it because I'm technically on my second one, but it's a regret buy. I exchanged my first one on Reddit's /r/makeupexchange and I'll likely be doing it again with this one as well.

Here's the main problem: the colors just come out muddy within a few hours of wearing them. I've experimented with primers (LORAC, Too Faced, UD, NARS, etc.), MAC Paint Pots, etc. and the result is the same. I've mixed up how I blend: very little amounts, excessive amounts, the result comes out to be the same. Within hours, the color is one, large, taupe-y blah mess on me.

The colors are lovely and have decent pigmentation, but if they can't stay the colors I'm looking for, I don't necessarily know that it's worth me buying and using still. Even the darkest shades become dull and gray-colored after a few hours of wear.

It's a good work horse palette, though. The shades are great neutrals and it's solid for those with conservative work environments, but still able to play nice if you're looking for a night on the town or some fun with your looks.

Pros:

- Nice mix of mattes and satins
- Taupe is the most wonderful crease shade (for those on the lighter end of the skintone spectrum)
- Decent pigmentation
- Great for any kind of work environment

Cons:

- After few hours of wear, colors become muddied even with different primers/Paint Pots/bases, etc.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am an outlier. LORAC pro isn't my favorite or most used palette. It just doesn't excite me like some of my others. Yes the quality is there. Yes the colors are pretty. But I have others that I just feel fit my skin tone and eye color better. I'll keep it and power through but I won't repurchase.

on 2/25/2015 3:30:00 AM

Before I purchased this, I have done some research on which eyeshadow palette I should buy. After watch a lot of reviews from youtube and read some blogs, I decided to buy it.

Bought it from Ulta online for $42. I was so excited when the package arrived. The package is thin, light, has a magnet on it so we can close it easily.

I love this palette because it has half matte and half shimmer. You can do "no makeup" look, everyday makeup, natural makeup, glam makeup, basically you can do any makeup look you want using this palette.

Besides having lovely shades, what I do love about this palette is the pigmentation. The dark colors are so pigmented and buttery, you just have to use very tiny amount and it will show off on your eyelid and will last all day. But I face some fallout on light colors such as nude, champagne, bronze. I don't mind at all because I use that light colors mainly for inner corner or on waterline only.

on 12/2/2014 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Normally, I'm more into contouring and "face stuff" than I am eyes. Most eyeshadows just don't look good on me, so it's hard to get excited about cream and brown all day everyday. But, I decided that I needed to switch up my game and deviate from my daily "naked" palette, which is too warm for me anyway, and couldn't decide between naked 3, or the Smashbox on the rocks palette. Then I saw this. I'd seen it online before and thought it was ugly, but in person, the colors are so much better. It literally is PERFECT. One matte white and one matte black, which is awesome in and of itself. I'm sick of the shimmer everywhere. I like that this palette is actually half matte, with all the matte colors you'd want like pink and cream and mauve and dark brown. The shimmers are really rich, and are all accent colors, so they're ones you would want to have a shimmer. Like bronze, champagne and deep burgundy, for instance. Every color is very wearable, like there's no "that's nice, but not for me" colors in here. And they are soo blendable; more so than UD, and very pigmented. That's a hard combo to find! Love love love- LORAC, you never let me down <3

Popular Palettes