LORAC PRO Palette

LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.5

on 5/25/2017 2:02:00 AM

Honestly this palette is so overhyped in my opinion. The colours are too cool toned for my liking and they end up looking too muddy especially as time goes on. The colours just don't stand out once they're on the lid and it looks messy and muddy once on the lid. In the pan the colours look so good but it does NOT translate to the eyes well which is a major disappointment. I've tried so hard to use and like this palette but it's so underwhelming. I really regret buying this! I would not recommend this to anyone

on 1/6/2017 10:36:00 PM

LOVE this palette. This was my first Lorac palette and it's amazing. The 'Gold' shade in the palette is by far my favorite. I love creamy the shadows are. Lorac is the best!

on 12/5/2016 4:51:00 PM

When I first got this palette. I wasn't impressed. I wasn't inspired by the shade selection, which is very basic. I found the formula too soft, lots of kick-up and fall-out. Though the shadows are very pigmented, I thought they muddied up when I tried to blend.

But as I've used this palette more, I see what the hype's about. To avoid fall-out and muddiness, you just have to go in with as little product as possible and blend as you go. These are very pigmented, so there's no need to go in with a lot at once. Do that, and you'll get fall-out and a muddy look. However, used correctly this is a fantastic formula. It's so creamy, pigmented, and blends nicely when I use the aforementioned technique.

The shades are very basic, shades everyone should have but not particularly exciting. You can definitely create a lot of distinct looks using this if you use your imagination. It's nice for hooded eyes since you get a lot of mattes and I do love the layout, with all the mattes on top and shimmers on bottom. The formula is consistent throughout, none of the shadows are duds. I think this is a good palette to have in your collection.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I live in the UK and after many months of listening to how amazing this palette is, I finally gave in and bought it from Nordstrom USA. I completely regret this purchase!

I feel like the formula of these shadows is no better than MAC eyeshadows, with some being better than others. They don't have a high-end eyeshadow consistency for me. The pigment isn't great, intensity poor and colours are quite everyday & boring.

I tested the palette out and was seriously underwhelmed, but considering it cost me over $100 with shipping, I was determined to use it! After nearly 1 year, I still haven't used it properly, because every time I go to use it, I am so disappointed by the end result that I add other shadows to give me a look that I can actually wear out. I like quite a understated neutral look for everyday, but still the palette isn't for me.

It's not awful, it's just not very good!

Oh! The packaging is just rubbish! Picks up marks so easily, isn't pretty, classy or special.

If you fancy this palette, do yourself a favour and buy a palette by the following brands instead (better quality and cheaper):
Stila
Zoeve
Too Faced
Urban Decay

...............................

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is such an amazing palette. This being my first makeup palette, it was such a good decision buying this. All the colors are extremely buttery and heavily pigmented. The only dud in the palette is the color champagne. It has waaayy too much fallout, which sucks bc it's a beautiful color. This is an absolutely perfect palette to begin with and it's very high quality. Even the primer that comes with it is very good and although it's small, it has lasted me two years. You get a good selection of mattes and shimmers and no two colors are alike. Even though the case gets dirty easily, I like how sleek it is and easy to travel with. Good price for what you get!!

on 6/14/2016 12:47:00 AM

This palette is the most versatile one that I own. With it's color selection and it's half matte/half satin or shimmer selection I can create simple daytime to dramatic night out looks. These shadows make professional quality eyelooks easy.

Pros: Great silky, pigmented, and blendable formula. Nice combo of colors and matte/shimmer. Some warm and some cool shades that are flattering on most people. SUPER long lasting; when I wear these with other brands the Lorac always outlasts the others by 2-3 hours.

Cons: Champagne's glitter is a bit too chunky and tends to give me sparkle face fall-out. Deep purple looks more like a charcoal on the eye which I found incredibly disappointing because I love purple.

Tip: Since these are crazy pigmented use a light hand. I find the softer, less densely packed eyeshadow brushes are the best to use with this formula.

on 5/18/2016 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own a LOT (translation: ridiculous amount) of eyeshadows & eyeshadow palettes. I feel that if you were only going to buy one palette - this would be the one I would recommend. It truly covers all the bases. You have an equal amount of shimmers and mattes. There are highlight shades, crease/blending/transition shades, liner shades, lid shades, smokey shades, neutrals, etc. There's a good variety & range of colors that I think will suit all skintones. The shadow quality is nice & typical Lorac - very soft, pigmented, and blendable. These do definitely last all day on me, although I always use an eyeshadow primer. The packaging is a sleek black cardboard palette with a mirror. The shadow pans are slightly smaller than some other palettes (UD Nakeds, for example), but you still get a nice variety & amount. I enjoy this palette, and I would definitely repurchase it.

on 4/27/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I guess im in a reviewing mood this evening and had to include this palette. I own quite a bit of eyeshadow palettes and reach for my Lorac and MACs most often. This original pro palette is my favorite. The colors are super pigmented and glide on with just a slight hand. I prefer cool tone grays and plums, but also like layering the warmer colors in this palette to keep the cooler colors from looking to harsh.

What I love most about this palette is how the colors translate. The plum doesn't look purple it instead reads as a beautiful smokey gray plum. It's a really sophiscated palette with amazing color payoff without looking like Barbie (no offense lol). If you are a newbie to eyeshadow palettes this might be intimidating at first but I think is great palette to learn from. Lorac in my opinion has the best eyeshadows-super pigmented, silky finish and great staying power.

on 2/11/2016 1:37:00 PM

Very pigmented colors that are also good for every day use. I was gifted this and the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette at the same time so it's been interesting to compare the two. A lot of colors are similar but this palette does feel overall more pigmented and I like the mattes. The only little thing is the color Champane is very dusty for some reason and kind of gets outside its little square a lot.

The packaging gets SOO dirty and smudgy though, after 1 week it looked like I'd been using it for months. Kind of annoying!

This is my most used pallete. I use it almost everyday. The colors can be used for work, for a night out, or just a casual day hanging out with your friends. The shadows blend so smoothly and are buttery. This palette has matte and shimmery shadows so it's perfect for someone that is looking for an everyday palette. It is one of the cheaper high end palettes, so if you are looking for something that you will get use out for a decent price, this is it. I like the slim packaging, but the black material does stain easily . It doesn't take up much room, so it's perfect for traveling!