LORAC PRO Palette

LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.6

on 6/12/2015 11:44:00 PM

This palette is one of the most popular for a reason-it is a great every day palette and well worth the money. The shadows are highly pigmented and buttery and very easy to apply and blend.

I love the variety of textures (both shimmer and matte) and colors (mostly warm neutrals, but also has black/blue/shimmery burgundy if you want to add a bit of interest or smokiness).

My quick go-to work look is cream on the lid and browbone and a mix of taupe and mauve in the crease. It really is a 30 second eye and wears all day (the shadows are very pigmented and wear well all day long, but I always use primer because I have oily lids).

The palette is also very compact and the shadows don't break easily, even when traveling, so it's very travel friendly.

Mattes
White is a creamy white. A bit too white
Cream is a very pale pinky beige. Amazing highlight without the shimmer.
Taupe is a great deep beige-brown similar to Buck from Naked. The perfect natural contour color.
Lt. Pink is a very pale pink that instantly brightens the eyes.
Mauve is a subtle mauve.
Sable is a reddish brown.
Espresso is a deep dark brown.
Black is a true black.

Shimmers
Nude is a frosty pale pink similar to Sin from Naked.
Champagne is a sparkly pale beige pink (also) similar to Sin from Naked.
Gold is a shimmery copper.
Lt. Bronze is a medium pinky bronze. Love this color.
Pewter is a dark plum chocolate much like Hustle from Naked
Garnet is a deep reddish copper.
Deep Purple is a super deep purple. Almost looks black with a beautiful purple shimmer.
Slate is a deep shimmery gunmetal.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I longed for the Lorac Pro Palette for six months before finally deciding to bite the bullet and purchase it. It looked like the perfect neutral eyeshadow palette, and I was THRILLED that half the shades were matte and half were shimmery, and they were organized in a logical fashion.

CONS:

-The first knock against it came with the packaging. Beautiful upon first being unboxed, but of a matte cardboard material that seemed to want to attract every speck of powder and moisture in its vicinity. I almost felt uncomfortable holding it, and I have a feeling it would start showing wear very quickly.

-The second knock was when I realized just how small the shadows are. I know, I could have payed better attention before purchasing it to the ounces listed or the size in comparison pics, so the expectation for larger pans was partially my fault. But really, I felt like I could barely fit a finger tip or brush into the pans without smudging shadow onto the edges of the packaging.

Getting onto the real important part, the eyeshadow application:
-My first issue: not all the matte eyeshadows were actually matte.
Both White and Lt Pink had sparkles. It wasn't just overspray, or residue from the shimmery shades in the bottom row; the shades had definitive flecks of sparkles within the formula. Now this might not be a deal-breaker for many because the flecks are still within a matte base, but it just didn't work for me.
-Additionally, both Cream and Lt Pink were sheer and just too light, even for my fair (NC10-15) skin, and neither looked very different when applied (except for the sparkles in Lt Pink.)
-Taupe was far too warm to be considered taupe. It's just a light warm brown.
-Champagne had chunks of glitter.
-Nude disappeared onto my eyelids.

Sorry about all that.

Moving on to the PROS (Or, why did I still give it 4/5 lippies?):
-Creamy, soft formula.
-Great organization and variety of shades.
-Nice mirror.
-Absolutely gorgeous darker shades. Pewter looked fabulous slapped on the lid. I would almost keep the palette for that shade alone. Slate applied damp as a liner had to be one of the prettiest, most unexpectedly flattering shades I've ever seen.

Bottom line: I was disappointed by the shades I had been most interested in, and I'm not a fan of the packaging or the small size of the pans, BUT I think the palette is still a valiant effort on Lorac's part and I know that many out there will love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love the matte shadows and I think it is a great color selection while still being neutral! My mirror did break while traveling though so I have to mark packaging down.

Absolutely LOVE this palette. It has taken over the #1 spot in my heart over Naked 1 BECAUSE THERE IS DIVERSITY. 1/2 matte, 1/2 shimmer. Lorac shadows are generally good (not as good as UD), there is fallout but nothing crazy. The shadows in this palette are very pigmented and finely-milled (creamy as some may say) and the colors are all you could want. As I get older I feel like an eye look that includes both shimmery and matte shades are most flattering so although I still love my Naked 1, this is now the palette I grab for most.

Video Reviews & Tutorials