LORAC PRO Palette

LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.4

on 5/25/2017 2:02:00 AM

Honestly this palette is so overhyped in my opinion. The colours are too cool toned for my liking and they end up looking too muddy especially as time goes on. The colours just don't stand out once they're on the lid and it looks messy and muddy once on the lid. In the pan the colours look so good but it does NOT translate to the eyes well which is a major disappointment. I've tried so hard to use and like this palette but it's so underwhelming. I really regret buying this! I would not recommend this to anyone

on 4/30/2017 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like that the shadows go on very nicely and I like the color selection ; however it's a very fragile palette and I broke two shadows the first week I had it by setting the palette down too hard on my table.

on 2/23/2016 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I deliberated over and researched this palette to death for over two months, and finally pulled the trigger. I don't have access to LORAC where I live so I had to buy it sight unseen with only the reviews and swatches to go on. Needless to say I was excited. I had one LORAC palette before (Miss Davenporte) and while I love the texture of their shadows I found the colour selection not so great for my skintone.

Anyway on to this palette. While the quality of the shadows is good, with pretty decent colour payoff, I just don't get excited when I use this palette. In fact, I kind of have singles of most of these colours already in my collection, and in some cases better versions of the colours. My favourite shades so far have been Mauve, which is an interesting medium shade, and a surprise like was Garnet which I had anticipated ignoring altogether since I don't usually use red eyeshadow. Oh and I really love Slate, even though I have similar colours, it is just a very flattering blue-grey shimmer.

I was most disappointed in the light wash colours like Nude, Champagne and Cream. They appeared a bit grainy on my eyelid instead of smoothly, and I still ended up buying an eyeshadow single to meet my all over wash needs.

So I was a little let down by this palette because I expected it to be really amazing based on all the reviews. Perhaps, if you already have a lot of these colours, you can give it a skip. It's certainly a great palette if you don't already have a tonne of eyeshadow, as I admittedly do, and the quality of the product is good for the price.

Just one last note, the shadows are packed rather loosely and a lot of product is kicked up by makeup brushes, so all you need to do is tap lightly to pick up colour. I see this as a minus because I think a lot of product is wasted this way.

2018 update: I have recently cleared out some of my older makeup so I've come to see this palette as my go-to one for all my basics and staples, and it has grown on me since I reviewed it years ago. I've also hit pan on a few shades - Cream, Taupe, Light Bronze. Viewing it in this light makes it appreciate it a lot more.

on 2/11/2016 1:37:00 PM

Very pigmented colors that are also good for every day use. I was gifted this and the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette at the same time so it's been interesting to compare the two. A lot of colors are similar but this palette does feel overall more pigmented and I like the mattes. The only little thing is the color Champane is very dusty for some reason and kind of gets outside its little square a lot.

The packaging gets SOO dirty and smudgy though, after 1 week it looked like I'd been using it for months. Kind of annoying!

on 5/20/2015 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Despite owning several eyeshadows and eyeshadow palettes, I find myself reaching for this one the most.

Buttery, pigmented, pretty neutral shades -this is what I call a perfect neutral palette!

My most reached for and super versatile palette ever! I love that it has the best of both worlds...mattes and shimmers! You can definitely create many different beautiful looks with this baby!

on 1/2/2015 4:19:00 AM

My absolute favorite palette! When I travel, this is the only palette I need to bring as it is so versatile. The pigmentation is amazing, so use a lighter hand, especially with the darker colors.

on 12/13/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- color selection
- contains both matte/shimmer finishes
- easy to blend
- very soft
- long wearing

CONS

- mattes kick up a ton of product
- some fallout
- amount of product

COMMENTS: Very beautiful palette. I love the fact that there is an equal amount of both shimmer and matte finishes. They're incredibly pigmented, easy to blend, long wearing, and very soft. They're almost too soft. I have to be very careful when picking up product with my brush or else they create a mess. These shadows can be so easily dented and create fallout. Then again, the fact that they're so buttery is also a good thing. They're so easy to work with. It's a great palette to have if you love neutrals. I wish it contained more product, but they're such great quality regardless.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my go-to palette. The eyeshadows are buttery and blend well, and both the shimmers and the mattes last all day for me (and I have oily lids). The palette has a great range of colors that let you create very versatile looks. I completely finished the Lt Bronze and Champagne shade, hit pan on Taupe, and have a very significant dip in Cream. While the palette is $42, you do get 16 shades, and the packaging is very sleek and light, so it's easy to travel with.

I did take a lippie off because there is fall out, especially from the Champagne shade. The fall out from that color left glitter on my face.

Lets start by saying I have the Naked2, Lorac Unzipped, and Cargo Vintage Palette, just to name some. I have to say the Lorac Pro is the silkiest, best color payoff, most blendable palette I own. (In a very close race with my Cargo Vinatage Palette that is. :) The pans look on the smaller side, and I was bummed out by this at first. But I realized just barely touching the color in the pan with your brush is all you need. It's extremely pigmented, so I can tell this palette is going to last a long time. I love how well these colors are put together. You can pull off so many looks. It's pretty much the perfect neutral palette every girl needs in her makeup arsenal. I'm so happy I decided bought this. If you don't have it, GET IT!! :)