LORAC PRO Palette

LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.4

on 10/10/2012 12:25:00 AM

After reading a lot of GOOD reviews on this, I've caved! Bit the bullet, so to speak, and ordered it from Sephora. I'll have to wait a few more weeks to get it (alongside my US haul from the states), but REALLY excited over this.

If you're interested, and are in Australia and can't get it, check out Leila at Emerald City Shipping for super discounted forwarding rates!

on 1/10/2013 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Bought this palette after watching rave reviews on YouTube. I was really interested in the matte shadows. They are all good quality colors, easy to blend and good color pay off. Just be careful to tap off excess shadow because they do have quite a bit of fall out. I would repurchase.

on 2/9/2013 5:31:00 PM

I don't own any of the urban decay palettes so I can't compare, but this one is really nice. The colors are beautiful, they go on really smoothly and last a long time if you use the lorac primer underneath. The only thing that annoys me is the messiness of it. The eyeshadows go everywhere as soon as you touch them, and it doesn't help that the palette itself is black. Overall i really like the shadows and have been using them everyday!

on 3/19/2013 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is replacing my UD Naked 2 Palette. I love that I have a series of matte and shimmery shades. Extremely versatile for anytime and situation, especially if you work in an office. The sleek packaging makes it portable so I plan on taking this with me on trips, but I must make note to be careful as it isn't too sturdy. The shadows are a little on the powdery side but it does not take away from their pigmentation, longevity, or application. I feel that these shadows last so much longer on me than I'd ever hope to expect. I tested them with and without and it wins both ways. Keep in mind, my eyelids are really oily and UD's crease on me without a primer. I paid about $42.00 for this and I am not regretting it!

on 6/26/2013 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this palette. First of the colors are very pretty and excellent for day and going into night, defiantly an everyday palette (however based on it being around 40.00 , I would use it sparingly , unless you got money like that.. then by all means go crazy !) Plus a little goes a long way and it blends so well.. Smooth texture, even with the lighter colors. Champagne makes a very pretty highlight color and you can smoke out your day look with a little dab of Eggplant, Stable or Black. Taupe makes a beautiful transition color. It does have a little bit of fallout but no more than any other eye shadow would have in my opinion. But all in all , a get product to have! You'll defiantly get your moneys worth ...

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is by far one of my best palettes ever! The pigmentation is great. Matte as well as shimmer shadows. You'll find colors that compliment your skin tone. I love love love this palette.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I lost the internal battle against getting this palette recently, and I have to say that I am super happy I actually decided to go through with my purchase! I've been staring at it for what seems like forever, but I just couldn't commit when I have almost every other naked/neutral palette available. The thing is that every time I go into a makeup store, I find myself right back in the Lorac section playing with the Pro palette. I just couldn't hold myself back any longer!

Pros:

It has such a wonderful range of colors, and they are unbelievably pigmented. I was extremely impressed with the fact that they have such an ideal balance of matte and shimmer colors, which is a very big plus for me. I never thought I would care much for matte shadows, but they are a definite must for crease colors and blending purposes. The shadow colors are all to die for, I can confidently say it is the first palette I've ever bought that I will use every single shadow in.

This is the first neutral palette that I can actually use without needing to grab a different color from anywhere else. So convenient!

The mirror is great, and the names are quite literal, which I find kind of useful.

The textures are creamy, rich, buttery, silky ...and all of the other stuff we all look for in eyeshadow textures and quality. Even though I have come across the powdery thing that others have spoken up about with Lorac shadows in the past, It has not been the case with this one any time I've ever sampled or used it. This was actually another big reason I finally purchased it. The quality just seems superior, and that's saying a lot considering that powdery or not, I absolutely love Lorac's eyeshadows.

I purchased mine for $42.00, which is overall cheaper than the other neutral palettes out there.

CONS:

The Packaging. I love that it's flat because it being compact makes it awesome for travel, but I am disappointed to find that it is made out of some sort of hard cardboard. Truth be told, I didn't even realize it until reading these reviews, but I can see where it would be an issue with smudges or concerns that it will be flimsy. The cardboard-ey thing it's made out of seems pretty sturdy, so it's definitely not that much of a negative for me. Like I said, I find it just sort of disappointing.

The shadows are small compared to other neutral palettes. Even though I purchased it not too long ago, and it's terribly pigmented so as to not have to use so much, I'm already having anxiety over hitting pan on the colors I know I will use really often. I guess this can also be seen as a plus, if only because I love it so much that I'm already freaking out about running out. I will also add that I justify the smaller size in my head as being an OK thing because of the amount of different colors it comes with; most neutral palettes may have bigger pans, but they don't have the range this one does.

The champagne color, which I was hoping would be a constant inner eye highlighter color for me, has chunks of glitter in it. It's a beautiful color, but I can't STAND getting glitter all over my face. This is probably one of the things I'm most bummed out about because I'm worried I won't want to use it very often as I don't really want to deal with the clean-up hassle. I'm also worried about what other colors I may find in the pallet which will have chunks of glitter in it. The chunks are actually not as big as say, the UD shadows that contain glitter in them, but it's still irritating.

----

Overall, I find this an amazing palette. I would recommend it to anyone looking for just one neutral pallet or starting their collection. The positives definitely outweigh any negatives for me, and I can't wait to see what different combinations I can create with it!

on 10/23/2013 9:54:00 PM

I am in love. I used to love my Naked 2 palette and used it for my every day makeup, but ever since getting this one, my other neutral palettes have stayed in my drawer. I think compared to the Naked 2 palette and the MAC eye shadows, the shadows in this palette are more pigmented and more easily blendable. I think the biggest difference is definitely the texture. The shadows are so unbelievably soft, unlike any other eye shadows I've ever used; I can't even explain how it feels when you swatch it on your fingers. It's like swiping your fingers over silk.

I also think the colors are great. I normally only wear neutrals, but there are definitely some more exciting options in there (like Garnet -- a coppery shade great for fall). I also love that there are 8 matte shades and 8 shimmery shades. I think that the matte shades definitely separate this palette from others I've used. I think that the Urban Decay palettes do not have enough matte colors and I find that the MAC ones can often been a bit chalky. The color Champagne is very similar to MAC's Naked Lunch, which is one of my all time favorites. The color Pewter is similiar, although slightly darker than MAC's Satin Taupe, also one of my all time favorites. I think the matte black shade in there (conveniently called black) is better than MAC's carbon. Cream has also become my favorite matte brow highlight color, in my opinion superior to MAC Blanc Type and Foxy from the Naked 2 palette. I find Blanc Type less blendable and Foxy too yellow. The one color I do miss from my Naked 2 palette is Tease.

I also love the packaging. I never end up using brushes that come with palettes anyways so I love that this palette is light, slim and compact, with no extra slots for anything. It is great for traveling and has a nice sized mirror.

I personally also think that at $42, it's definitely worth the price for 16 colors. I know that each of the pans is less product that most palettes, but I honestly never hit pan anyway so I think for the color selection, it's definitely worth it.

on 11/2/2013 9:33:00 PM

Full disclosure - I have the Naked2 but not Naked. I bought my Naked2 last year but debated between this and the Naked2 at the time. I decided to go with Naked2 then because a) the case seemed sturdier and I wanted something that travelled well b)you get more product.

I went into Ulta last weekend and picked up this bad boy because Ulta had it in a set with an eyeliner for less than the cost of the palette by itself (the set was $39 and the palette by itself is usually $42), plus I got 20% off with the email coupon - JACKPOT!. Since then, I've been using it everyday. I love my Naked2 but it just doesn't have enough matte colours. The LORAC palette fills this void beautifully and the shadows are so buttery and smooth. I love every single colour in this palette and think the colours are suitable for any skintone. If I had to buy just one - I'd probably choose this over my Naked2, mostly because there are more matte colours.

on 11/10/2013 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Way better than Naked palettes, both I have purchased. The absolute best eyeshadow palette I have. The colors are so rich, pigmented with creamy smooth texture. It is easy to blend, work with, and long-lasting. The variety of shades available in both matte and some shimmer is a great collection to own. There are many possible looks that can be created from this. Lorac has offered great quality eyeshadows for a low price in this palette. I would hope future palettes they create will be as equally amazing.