LORAC PRO Palette

4.6

on 3/8/2014 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the best palette to travel with. I only need this one. I can create so many looks from this one palette.
The pigmentation is amazing. The shadows are buttery soft and not at all chalky. Not a single one.
I have lots of palettes (including the UD Nakeds) but I reach for this more than any other one.

on 8/20/2016 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I already own several palettes so this one isn't really unique. It has beautiful basic staple colors that everyone should have in their makeup collection. The performance of the shadows is outstanding in terms of blendability. They blend so effortlessly and the pigment is amazing. The texture and performance reminds me of the Morphe palettes. So in other words they feel cheap because they're quite dry. When putting your brush in the matte shadows, it does kick up A LOT of dust. I feel that the price of $44 is reasonable considering you're getting 16 eyeshadows and a travel size eye primer. The eye primer it comes with is a "silicony" one. There's .32 oz in the palette and .19 oz in the primer. I also own the Lorac Unzipped eyeshadow palette, which is unique from any other palette I have (more rose-gold tones) and Lorac Unzipped Gold palette. All of the matte shades kick up so much dust!!

My final though is this: I would repurchase only because the shades are very easy to work with (both frost and matte). However I HATE the fact that the matte shadows kick up so much product when you just dab your brush in it. It is a real annoyance for me, but won't stop me from buying more Lorac palettes.

I love this palette! The LORAC shadows are soft and creamy. The colors are perfect - not a bad one in the bunch! You barely need to touch your brush to the shadow to pick up color, so yes, they are smaller, but I can see this lasting due to great performance from using so little. I love the combination of matte and shimmer because this is what I normally use. I like this even more than my Naked palette (which was my favorite up until now).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This palette is expensive, but it is worth every penny! It has 16 shades. The 8 matte shades are rich, pigmented and aren't chalky at all (however, the lighter two may not be as kind on darker skin tones--I'm not dark so they work great on me). The 8 shimmer shares are more radiant glow than disco ball--definitely much better than Urban Decay's Naked glitterbombs. Together the 16 shadows make for a palette that's more versatile and wearable than a lot of other naked/nude palettes. The colors apply and blend very well, and get great wear time. The primer is a nice addition too, AND it's actually a good primer! I've already repurchased this and plan not to be without it.

The colors are gorgeous. The pans are small & I've made pretty good dents in a few of them rather quickly. The shadows are really soft so I have to watch carefully for fallout & layer a few times if they blend away.

LOL doesn't sound good does it? I do HOWEVER love the colors and love the palette for that reason. I'll buy another one when I hit pan on the colors I use the most.

on 5/18/2016 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own a LOT (translation: ridiculous amount) of eyeshadows & eyeshadow palettes. I feel that if you were only going to buy one palette - this would be the one I would recommend. It truly covers all the bases. You have an equal amount of shimmers and mattes. There are highlight shades, crease/blending/transition shades, liner shades, lid shades, smokey shades, neutrals, etc. There's a good variety & range of colors that I think will suit all skintones. The shadow quality is nice & typical Lorac - very soft, pigmented, and blendable. These do definitely last all day on me, although I always use an eyeshadow primer. The packaging is a sleek black cardboard palette with a mirror. The shadow pans are slightly smaller than some other palettes (UD Nakeds, for example), but you still get a nice variety & amount. I enjoy this palette, and I would definitely repurchase it.

on 10/26/2013 11:36:00 AM

Let me start off by saying that I have the BEST husband, EVER! He had been watching carefully for the past 6 months as I combed the internet, read reviews, looked at swatches and suggestions on dupes to decide which neutral palette to buy; since I was pretty sure I was going to get UD Naked 1. (We are on a somewhat limited budget, so I wanted to make sure that I chose "the one"-since I was really only going to purchase one palette for the remainder of the year.) Well, nevertheless, we received some great news yesterday. So he asked me, "honey, how much is the make up you want?" I told him that the ones I really like cost about $150, but I have a 20% off coupon, so it would be a little less. He hands me $200 and tells me, "go get what you want, honey. I love you." So off I went! After going back and forth swatching the UD Naked eyeshadow palette and the Lorac Pro eyeshadow palette, I decided on Lorac's because of the insanely silky consistency and the beautiful neutral colors. This is my first Lorac palette, and I am soooo happy I got it! (Side note-on my way to the register I was able to find the last NYX Nude on Nude palette with the lipglosses and also picked up UD Vice 2, which was another item I was eyeing and am so lucky my husband gave me enough money to get it!) Final cost after taxes and discount-$106!!!! I am sooo happy!