LORAC PRO Palette

Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.4

on 9/22/2016 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ordered this from the US and payed way too much but I don't regret it for a second. Sooooo pigmented. Urban Decay is nothing compared to this. I like The Balm but nothing compares to this palette. Perfect color selection. I can use every color in the palette. My eyes look awesome with this. I feel more beautiful.

on 8/20/2016 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I already own several palettes so this one isn't really unique. It has beautiful basic staple colors that everyone should have in their makeup collection. The performance of the shadows is outstanding in terms of blendability. They blend so effortlessly and the pigment is amazing. The texture and performance reminds me of the Morphe palettes. So in other words they feel cheap because they're quite dry. When putting your brush in the matte shadows, it does kick up A LOT of dust. I feel that the price of $44 is reasonable considering you're getting 16 eyeshadows and a travel size eye primer. The eye primer it comes with is a "silicony" one. There's .32 oz in the palette and .19 oz in the primer. I also own the Lorac Unzipped eyeshadow palette, which is unique from any other palette I have (more rose-gold tones) and Lorac Unzipped Gold palette. All of the matte shades kick up so much dust!!

My final though is this: I would repurchase only because the shades are very easy to work with (both frost and matte). However I HATE the fact that the matte shadows kick up so much product when you just dab your brush in it. It is a real annoyance for me, but won't stop me from buying more Lorac palettes.

on 5/18/2016 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own a LOT (translation: ridiculous amount) of eyeshadows & eyeshadow palettes. I feel that if you were only going to buy one palette - this would be the one I would recommend. It truly covers all the bases. You have an equal amount of shimmers and mattes. There are highlight shades, crease/blending/transition shades, liner shades, lid shades, smokey shades, neutrals, etc. There's a good variety & range of colors that I think will suit all skintones. The shadow quality is nice & typical Lorac - very soft, pigmented, and blendable. These do definitely last all day on me, although I always use an eyeshadow primer. The packaging is a sleek black cardboard palette with a mirror. The shadow pans are slightly smaller than some other palettes (UD Nakeds, for example), but you still get a nice variety & amount. I enjoy this palette, and I would definitely repurchase it.

on 4/27/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I guess im in a reviewing mood this evening and had to include this palette. I own quite a bit of eyeshadow palettes and reach for my Lorac and MACs most often. This original pro palette is my favorite. The colors are super pigmented and glide on with just a slight hand. I prefer cool tone grays and plums, but also like layering the warmer colors in this palette to keep the cooler colors from looking to harsh.

What I love most about this palette is how the colors translate. The plum doesn't look purple it instead reads as a beautiful smokey gray plum. It's a really sophiscated palette with amazing color payoff without looking like Barbie (no offense lol). If you are a newbie to eyeshadow palettes this might be intimidating at first but I think is great palette to learn from. Lorac in my opinion has the best eyeshadows-super pigmented, silky finish and great staying power.

on 9/26/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hate this palette! So disappointed. Don't know if I got a faulty one or if it really is awful. The eyeshadow shades look gorgeous and really pigmented in the pan, however, on application I found them to be chalky and really bland 😕😕😕

Mattes
White is a creamy white. A bit too white
Cream is a very pale pinky beige. Amazing highlight without the shimmer.
Taupe is a great deep beige-brown similar to Buck from Naked. The perfect natural contour color.
Lt. Pink is a very pale pink that instantly brightens the eyes.
Mauve is a subtle mauve.
Sable is a reddish brown.
Espresso is a deep dark brown.
Black is a true black.

Shimmers
Nude is a frosty pale pink similar to Sin from Naked.
Champagne is a sparkly pale beige pink (also) similar to Sin from Naked.
Gold is a shimmery copper.
Lt. Bronze is a medium pinky bronze. Love this color.
Pewter is a dark plum chocolate much like Hustle from Naked
Garnet is a deep reddish copper.
Deep Purple is a super deep purple. Almost looks black with a beautiful purple shimmer.
Slate is a deep shimmery gunmetal.

on 7/4/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After Urban Decay Naked, this was my second high end palette. I agonized over this thing. For someone used to drug store prices (and quality, ugh), I couldn't get over the price tag. Urban Decay Naked was a gift that I felt very guilty for getting and keeping. But I did and I loved it. I still do. It was/is the same with the Lorac Pro palette except I do believe the Lorac Pro beats Naked. The selection of mattes and shimmers. Beautiful colors. Creamy and a pleasure to work with. I was on a roll after this one and since have obtained many high end palettes, done away with almost all drug store shadow but I do not travel without Lorac Pro. Go! Buy it now!

on 3/28/2014 12:58:00 AM

I have just tallied up my eye shadow palettes to give a reality check and point out to myself why I do not need Lorac unzipped, TF Choc Bar or UD Electric in my life (just yet).

Which brings me to Lorac Pro, with 27 assorted palettes I still reach for this as I find it unique enough on its own to want to use quite often.

I'm NC15 mostly, maybe a little lighter in winter so mainly enjoy using the lighter colours in the palette but find the darker colours make the best eye liners and go on so well with a tapered skinny brush.

My favourite combo at the moment is Lt Pink. Champagne. Bronze. a dab of Gold. Mauve in the outer V and Taupe in the crease - so pretty. The colours blend beautifully and have a satiny look when applied. Garnet is a gorgeous reddy brown and not a colour I have in any other neutral palettes - Naked 1, 2, 3 and TF Natural Eye - so think this palette was worth the spend for me and have enjoyed using the bonus eye primer which seems to perform well.

Cons for me: The eyeshadows are dusty and prone to fallout. I always apply concealer under the eyes, but do my eyes before foundation and use a big brush to flick off fallout - I find the "set" concealer stops the dusty fallout from sticking to my skin.

Price: In NZ all higher end makeup is expensive. The cheapest I could find this palette was on thenile.co.nz for $88.99 NZD - free shipping, but as it shipped from Lorac in the US it did take about 3 - 4 weeks which I didn't mind as was happy to be adding this to my stash and getting the genuine product. Hope this might help any NZ or Aussie girls wanting this.

on 3/8/2014 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the best palette to travel with. I only need this one. I can create so many looks from this one palette.
The pigmentation is amazing. The shadows are buttery soft and not at all chalky. Not a single one.
I have lots of palettes (including the UD Nakeds) but I reach for this more than any other one.

on 1/15/2014 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am so glad I made this purchase! The only other palette I own is Naked Basics, which I am very happy with. But I wanted some more options. After much research -- this was the palette to buy. I love all the colors. I'm still experimenting with color combos but I love using Mauve and Taupe in the crease. I love Champagne for all over the lid and especially Light Bronze. Black has been my go to eyeliner lately. I love Gold and Garnet but I'm still trying to figure out how to make those colors work for me -- they pull a little warm. Slate is BEAUTIFUL smudged over some black liner for a quick, smokey eye. I keep looking up different looks on youtube --- there are endless options with this palette. Definitely worth the splurge!