LORAC PRO Palette

LORAC PRO Palette
Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I live in the UK and after many months of listening to how amazing this palette is, I finally gave in and bought it from Nordstrom USA. I completely regret this purchase!

I feel like the formula of these shadows is no better than MAC eyeshadows, with some being better than others. They don't have a high-end eyeshadow consistency for me. The pigment isn't great, intensity poor and colours are quite everyday & boring.

I tested the palette out and was seriously underwhelmed, but considering it cost me over $100 with shipping, I was determined to use it! After nearly 1 year, I still haven't used it properly, because every time I go to use it, I am so disappointed by the end result that I add other shadows to give me a look that I can actually wear out. I like quite a understated neutral look for everyday, but still the palette isn't for me.

It's not awful, it's just not very good!

Oh! The packaging is just rubbish! Picks up marks so easily, isn't pretty, classy or special.

If you fancy this palette, do yourself a favour and buy a palette by the following brands instead (better quality and cheaper):
Stila
Zoeve
Too Faced
Urban Decay

...............................

on 1/3/2016 10:44:00 PM

Must have, must have 4 every mu beginner it's absolute neccesity ,highly pigmented no fallout hitting dead pan soon

on 10/23/2015 8:31:00 AM

I would give this a 3.5 or even a 3.75 if I could. I do like this, but for my purposes it is not really an ideal palette. I love the LORAC shadow formula, but because a lot of these colors are mid tones, it is very easy to get muddy looks with this. I also think the colors with the exception of gold, garnet, and light bronze (these are are some of the standout shades) run on the cool side, and I just don't like that with my coloring. It is not the most flattering on me.

I do really like the mid tone mattes and all of the dark colors, so that is a plus. Taupe and mauve are great transition shades. I do love pewter, because it is a nice mix of gray and brown without turning plum (this is a huge issue with me and taupes) and I love how slate and purple are dark shimmers that blend well without fallout.

My biggest issues are the light colors. There are too many. White is too stark for my uses, but good if you want a pigmented white. Cream and light pink are nice base shades, but I really don't need two base shades in a palette that are so close to each other. Nude and champagne are huge fails on me. Both are very similar and very frosty light colors. They appear to be a white frost on me. I need some color with lighter shades, these wash me out. Champagne has the added sin of glitter fallout. The light shades in Pro 2 are an excellent example of making lighter shades that still have differences on my skin, and I was so disappointed because Nude and Champagne do look beautiful in the pan.

Overall, I far prefer Pro 2 because of the versatility. If you like the color selection in this palette it is a good choice because the LORAC formula is amazing, but beware that the first four to five colors on the left are all very similar.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

although pricey, it's worth it! gorgeous colors! My favorite ones are espresso & gold. I always grab this instead of my pro2. cream & easy to blend. very pigmented so dab your brush, dnt swirl!

on 6/12/2015 11:44:00 PM

This palette is one of the most popular for a reason-it is a great every day palette and well worth the money. The shadows are highly pigmented and buttery and very easy to apply and blend.

I love the variety of textures (both shimmer and matte) and colors (mostly warm neutrals, but also has black/blue/shimmery burgundy if you want to add a bit of interest or smokiness).

My quick go-to work look is cream on the lid and browbone and a mix of taupe and mauve in the crease. It really is a 30 second eye and wears all day (the shadows are very pigmented and wear well all day long, but I always use primer because I have oily lids).

The palette is also very compact and the shadows don't break easily, even when traveling, so it's very travel friendly.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If I had to pick only one palette to have in my collection this would be it!!! This palette has basic colors needed to create tons of looks (neutral looks, daytime and night-time looks) and is the perfect starter set for someone without many eyeshadows. I leave this palette in my travel makeup bag which i bring to work 3x a week since I start early in the morning and don't have time to put on a whole face of makeup at 6am. Definitely would recommend getting this palette!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used and loved LORAC shadows in the past, but this palette is horrible. This is probably my most hated makeup item. I am tempted to toss it in the trash. The colors look beautiful and are extremely pigmented, but they are so powdery that they are unworkable. Even the smallest tap with a brush leaves a powdery mess and the colors blend together as a horrible muddy mess. Every color I try makes me look like I got punched in the eye or have some type of eye infection. The light shimmers are too glittery and frosty and look tacky.

If you want an easy, natural subtle look, this palette is not for you. The only thing I liked about the palette was the primer.

on 2/5/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

There have been so many wonderful comments about this palette and I will second all of them. Just can't believe it has taken me so long to get my hands on one of these. Every single time I would go into Ulta looking for this palette they were sold out. So after a while I gave up, until I finally decided to call ahead and have it held for me when they received the next shipment. So glad that I did because when I arrived at the store the shelf was bare, but my lovely palette was waiting for me behind the counter. Love it!!!! I have used this everyday since I purchased it. The versatility is incredible. Love love love!!!!!

Love this palette! The shadows are so soft and smooth! Just Like butter. Im loving it more than my naked collection. Now i need to go out and purchase the lorac pro 2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I feel really bad saying this, but what is with the hype of this palette??
Yes the colours are nice and are really creamy but I feel like the colour pay off just isn't there and they really don't blend that easily or nicely on my eyes.
Maybe I am doing something wrong but I just feel like these are way too much work and even when I am done I feel like everything just seems to look really similar.
As much as I want to love this palette it just didn't work out for me.