LORAC PRO Palette

Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.5

on 12/19/2012 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is a great palette to purchase if you are looking for a good starter neutral palette since you get slightly less product than average, but more color variety with the mattes and shimmers. Here are a few things I noticed:

1. This palette varies depending on where you purchase it from. Some palettes do not have all mattes on the top and all shimmers on the bottom. The WHITE color in my palette has shimmer in it so I really have 7 mattes and 9 shimmers even though the box claims that WHITE is matte. I've heard from several people who purchased this at Sephora who also had a shimmery WHITE. Even though the color is pretty, it's either a production error or false advertising.

2. The quality is good but not the best. I saw various amounts fallout with almost all colors. Some, especially the mattes, apply a bit chalky and uneven. These shadows kick up A LOT of pigment when you grab product onto your brush. I usually have to blow excess off my brush and off the palette - kind of a waste.

3. I love the light, slim packaging but rubber material it gets dirty easily. The outside is prone to smudges and wear. The inside gets dirty with pigment fallout. That might not bother some people but I like my palettes to stay neat and clean.

4. Is the better than the UD Naked palettes? Yes, in terms of color variety. No, in terms of overall quality and packaging. I like because it's perfect for travel.

on 12/2/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Lorac really WOWed me with the PRO palette! I usually just buy UD palettes for their pigmentation and variety, but not necessarily for their functionality. So.... when I saw the PRO Palette it was love at first swatch! :)

For my NC50 skin it is important to only buy quality shadows with superior pigmentation. The PRO palette achieved this! I can easily use this palette every single day with a new look! I sometimes feel like I have a million shimmer shades, so I was ecstatic to see the choice in the palette.

The color payoff in each shade is high and it is as soft as butter. You must be lighthanded when picking up color.The matte shades are my favorite part. I even use Espresso for my eyebrows. love it! Taupe is a great shade for cleaning up the edges of my look. Sable is an amazing transition shade. The black is dead on, love it! I have never used every color but one in any other pre-made palette! The shimmers shade are interesting choices that I love! I use Pewter the most, but Garnet, Deep Purple and Lt. Bronze are all completely unique shades. (I hate how some palettes have 10 golds, with no variety)

The packaging is sleek and feels nice to the touch. Problem is that it is cardboard and I don't see it being super durable. On the other hand, you have to be super gentle with this palette. I have gotten into depotting all my pre-made palette and I know I cannot do this with the PRO palette bc I'm afraid the shadows are too fragile. :-/ I wish Lorac would sell individual shades in pans. But I can't have it al!

Overall: This should be in the arsenal to any MUB! Wonderful quality awesome price of $42 for all the color choices. Amazing combination of matte and shimmer shades. I would recc for anyone who has to get one palette, it is so versatile, you can't go wrong!

on 3/15/2015 4:46:00 AM

What is there not to love about this palette? I have had the Naked 1 and 2 since their release and have tried to love eyeshadows but it didn't happen. If like me, you're a neutral lover who doesn't venture out beyond browns and bronzes hues in the lids.. You need this palette in your life. I never thought I would like a palette so much! Every single colour will be used as opposed to some colour in the Nakeds, leaving others untouched.

I only have one gripe with this product and it is the packaging. It does attract finger prints and glitter. Besides that I appreciate it being minimal, slim and sophisticated. The mirror is decent in size.
That aside, the product is phenomenal. The eyeshades are crazy pigmented. Each colour comes off as seen in the pan. Some brushes may pick up extra product so tap off the excess to avoid fallout when blending.

On my NC20-25 Asian skin tone, Gold does not seem to agree. However when Gold and Taupe are mixed.. A strikingly beautiful copper is created. Similarly when Gold is mixed with Lt. Bronze.. rose gold is born! I love these combos as all over the lid colours.
Slate, Deep Purple and Garnet make for wonderful quick smokey eyes.
Taupe, Mauve, Sable and Espresso are fantastic as transition shades. Extra mention for Mauve - simply stunning.
White is this creamy White.. Nothing stark as I have seen in other palettes. All over base colour to the brow bone? Works wonderfully.
Cream and Lt. Pink are mostly used to buff out eyeshadow! But they can be used over the lid also.

Buy this palette! Hailing from Australia.. I thought long and hard about this palette.. Because there is simply so much on the market. But hunting this down was worth it. Before being able to get my hands on this.. I purchased Too Face's Chocolate and Semi Sweet.. They're nice but do not compare. Why settle for nice when there's extraordinary?

I don't need any other palette in my life.

on 12/8/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm always looking for a neutral eyeshadow palette. I'm an eyeshadow palette hoarder, it's unhealthy. I'm obsessed with this palette, I use it every single day, everytime I do my makeup. I neglect my other palettes because I'm always using this one. The palette itself is a dust magnet. Everything sticks to it, the lettering is fading and chipping. I've had My palette for almost a year and it looks pretty beat up. Which is okay, because that just mean it's been loved. there's also a nice sized mirror that you can easily use to apply your makeup, if needed. This palette gives you a variety of finishes and shades. The top row is matte and the bottom is shimmer and satin finish. From left to right, the palette goes from light to dark. With the wide variety of shades/finish, you can create an eye look for any time of the day. There's a good amount of product in each pan. Every eyeshadow is super pigmented and creamy. These eyeshadows show up well and are long lasting with or without an eyeshadow primer. I haven't noticed any fallout or anything. My biggest fear when buying palettes is not knowing if I'm going to use the majority of the eyeshadows. I don't have that problem with this palette. I've used/like every eyeshadow in this palette, every shade is wearable, Imo. A lot of people compare this to Urban Decay's Naked. I don't think they're the same in any way- there's two different palettes, two different concepts. I like the Naked palette and everything, but I prefer the pro palette. Maybe because this palette provides more matte shades, I don't know. I recently started project 10 pan. Project 10 Pan is when you choose 10 products that you want to hit pan on or finish, for whatever reason. It can be makeup, skincare, haircare, whatever you want. I've hit pan on sable, espresso and pewter, and I put a dent in sable and mauve. Lt Bronze, Slate, and Garnet are my new-found favorites. Nude, champagne, and white are my favorite inner corner highlights. I can see myself finishing this palette by the fall.

on 6/1/2014 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly i dont get the hype over this product. I've owned it for 6 months now and the shades aren't as pigmented as people make them out to be and there are far too many shades in this palette that are either too light are way too dark to use in a look. Overall i wouldn't purchase this again

on 12/11/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

THIS. This is my holy grail palette. As an owner of both Naked 1 & 2, too faced natural, return of sexy and the chocolate bar I can say that I've hardly touched them ever since the Pro came into my life. It's an extremely versatile palette and unlike other palettes on the market (I'm looking at you naked) every single color on here is usable and flattering on everyone. If you're looking for a palette to get your money's worth out of, this is certainly it.

I bought this palette because I loved the colors and the mixture of matte and shimmer shades. The color choices all seemed wearable and I had previously seen many good reviews. However, the shadows are very difficult to work with and blend. The lighter matte shades disappear upon application and blending is almost impossible. Some of the shimmer shades have a lot of fallout and some product is wasted during application. It took me various tries to get some use out of this palette and overall I was not impressed.

I don't get the hype for this product! The packaging is slim and easy to store, which I like, and it's a a good price point. Most of the mattes are good quality and blend very nicely however a few of them are too chalky. The shimmers are a big let down for me. The colors are very generic, there's really nothing special about them and they fade quickly even with a primer. They're the type of shadows that look great in the pan but fall short once they're on the lid. There are a couple shades in this palette that I like a lot but hit pan on very quickly (without regular use) because of the small amount you get. I would like this palette a lot more if it had less shadows that were larger in size.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This palette is super nice. Let's start off with the packaging. The packaging is cardboard, feels a little flimsy and has that texture on it that can make it super dirty if you still have foundation on your fingers and you grabbed for this palette. My palette is pretty dirty looking, But I'm scared if i wipe it down with alcohol or a makeup cleaning wipe, it'll ruin the texture forever. D: Although it feels a little flimsy, its quite durable. I've traveled with it a few times and nothing has happened. Moving on inside. The mirror is a nice size and is a real mirror, none of that fun house, reflective stuff. It's good for doing your eye makeup up close, but a bit small to do your whole face makeup with just this mirror. The shadows are in a fairly small pan. A LOT smaller than what you would get in a UD naked palette (for example). The top row is all matte (minuse White, that has some shimmer in it) where as the bottom row is all shimmery. The shadows itself are very soft, very blendable, very pigment, and verrrrrryyy silky. When I first put my brush in it, I was surprised as how much powder it kicked up (my first experience with Lorac shadows). However, if you gently place your brush in it without digging it in, you'll get a decent amount of color. You can create so many different eye looks with this, ranging from barely there to a deep, dark smokey eye. I brought this palette with me on vacation and it was really all I needed. No need for any other palette or any other shadow. It really is versatile and gave me plenty of different options of different looks I wanted to create. Overall, the shadows are nice and silky. The pans are a bit small but as long as you're more sparing with how you use them, it should last forever. I've had mine for over a year and it still looks brand spanking new. The mirror is good and its great for traveling. I would definitely reach for this to take traveling over my naked palettes.

I really love this palette!!! I like the variety of matte and shimmer shades and I love how buttery and pigmented they are! Be careful though because I bought one at sephora and got home and realized a shadow was shattered and had to go back and exchange it so I feel you have to be careful with this. The packaging gets dirty really fast and is like cardboard. I personally prefer this over both naked palettes! I wasn't a fan of the naked palettes and like more matte colors. I feel this palette can do so many mote looks then the naked palette. To get this range of shades from naked you would have to buy both of the naked palettes. I found myself reaching for both palettes for every look and I like that the lorac pro palette has everything I need in one palette!!! I actually think I will be buying a back up once they are back in stock!