LORAC PRO Palette

Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.5

on 9/12/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have to disagree with most of the reviewers and ask "What's all the hype?"
This was terrible! Whilst the colours are very pretty, there is very little pigment to them and I struggled to make them show up. They all kind of muddled together. I tried several different primers but still go the same result. There's also a lot of fall out with some of the colours.
I even gave this to a makeup artist friend to play with and she didn't like it either.
I have Revlon eye shadows that have better pigment than this.

on 12/19/2012 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is a great palette to purchase if you are looking for a good starter neutral palette since you get slightly less product than average, but more color variety with the mattes and shimmers. Here are a few things I noticed:

1. This palette varies depending on where you purchase it from. Some palettes do not have all mattes on the top and all shimmers on the bottom. The WHITE color in my palette has shimmer in it so I really have 7 mattes and 9 shimmers even though the box claims that WHITE is matte. I've heard from several people who purchased this at Sephora who also had a shimmery WHITE. Even though the color is pretty, it's either a production error or false advertising.

2. The quality is good but not the best. I saw various amounts fallout with almost all colors. Some, especially the mattes, apply a bit chalky and uneven. These shadows kick up A LOT of pigment when you grab product onto your brush. I usually have to blow excess off my brush and off the palette - kind of a waste.

3. I love the light, slim packaging but rubber material it gets dirty easily. The outside is prone to smudges and wear. The inside gets dirty with pigment fallout. That might not bother some people but I like my palettes to stay neat and clean.

4. Is the better than the UD Naked palettes? Yes, in terms of color variety. No, in terms of overall quality and packaging. I like because it's perfect for travel.

on 12/2/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Lorac really WOWed me with the PRO palette! I usually just buy UD palettes for their pigmentation and variety, but not necessarily for their functionality. So.... when I saw the PRO Palette it was love at first swatch! :)

For my NC50 skin it is important to only buy quality shadows with superior pigmentation. The PRO palette achieved this! I can easily use this palette every single day with a new look! I sometimes feel like I have a million shimmer shades, so I was ecstatic to see the choice in the palette.

The color payoff in each shade is high and it is as soft as butter. You must be lighthanded when picking up color.The matte shades are my favorite part. I even use Espresso for my eyebrows. love it! Taupe is a great shade for cleaning up the edges of my look. Sable is an amazing transition shade. The black is dead on, love it! I have never used every color but one in any other pre-made palette! The shimmers shade are interesting choices that I love! I use Pewter the most, but Garnet, Deep Purple and Lt. Bronze are all completely unique shades. (I hate how some palettes have 10 golds, with no variety)

The packaging is sleek and feels nice to the touch. Problem is that it is cardboard and I don't see it being super durable. On the other hand, you have to be super gentle with this palette. I have gotten into depotting all my pre-made palette and I know I cannot do this with the PRO palette bc I'm afraid the shadows are too fragile. :-/ I wish Lorac would sell individual shades in pans. But I can't have it al!

Overall: This should be in the arsenal to any MUB! Wonderful quality awesome price of $42 for all the color choices. Amazing combination of matte and shimmer shades. I would recc for anyone who has to get one palette, it is so versatile, you can't go wrong!

on 11/17/2012 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very nice palette, great quality buttery shadows, great packaging,,,,BUT

If you are like me and already own the 2011 Bejeweled Day & Night palettes, you already own most of these colors already. I really wish Lorac had been more original and gone with different, even slightly different colors. Also the Day & Night palettes were a MUCH better Value for the money (at $56 comes with 32 shadows, 2 blushes, a huge bronzer, 2 eyeliners, and 2 lip glosses). It kinda puts the $42 price tag on the Pro palette to shame.

Here is what is duplicated EXACTLY--same EXACT shade:

Taupe - is in the Day palette (top row 3rd one over)
Black - is in the Night palette (3rd row down 4th one over)
Nude - in Day palette (top left)
Champagne - Night (4th row 1st one)
Lt Bronze - Day (2nd row 2nd one over)
Pewter - Night (2nd row, 2nd one over
Garnet - Day (2nd row , 3rd one over)
Slate - Night (3rd row, 2nd one over)

Here are the shades that are not exact but close enough:
Cream - Day palette (2nd row down, 1st one)
Espresso - Day (1st row, 4th one over)
Gold - Day palette

So in sum, 11 out of the 16 you already have if you have the Bejeweled Day and Night palettes from holiday 2011. So do you need this Pro Palette when you got a much better deal last year? NO!

I bought the Lorac Pro palette but will sadly have to return it. I just don't need all these duplicates. I have better uses for my money

I think the Day and Night palettes are even more convenient since they come with coordinating blushes. No blushes in the Pro palette.

Hope this helps someone out there.

on 5/25/2017 2:02:00 AM

Honestly this palette is so overhyped in my opinion. The colours are too cool toned for my liking and they end up looking too muddy especially as time goes on. The colours just don't stand out once they're on the lid and it looks messy and muddy once on the lid. In the pan the colours look so good but it does NOT translate to the eyes well which is a major disappointment. I've tried so hard to use and like this palette but it's so underwhelming. I really regret buying this! I would not recommend this to anyone

I'm not usually compelled to write a review unless I think something hasn't gotten a lot of coverage or I feel strongly one way or another. This.....it just frustrates me.

It was after many months and reading TONS of positive reviews that I finally purchased this palette in hopes of finding one that could be my go-to travel set, instead of a half-dozen quads. I was doubly excited because my Ulta had the only one in town, and they were sold out everywhere else.

In theory, the concept of this palette is fantastic: A whole range of colors in various intensities, with both matte and shimmer options. How can you go wrong with the color choices? You can't, I think they cover all the bases for what one would need for an all-in one palette, and they appear to be dupes of many of my favorite high-end shadows. The Gold, Pewter, and Slate shades are absolute stunners!

However, either I'm a complete imbecile when it comes to shadow application or I'm just picky (or both), but I just can't make this work for me. It's not the colors or the matte vs. shimmer, it's the unfreakingbelievably crappy fallout, and weird adhesion to my lids that is making me put it back in my makeup bag and reach for something else.

Some specifics:
-The lighter matte shades go on buttery smooth and have great coverage, but even on my light (NC-25-ish) skin they look chalky.

-The darker matte shades have TONS of fallout, and I have a real problem blending them. If I tap the brush to get rid of excess shadow, there isn't much left, and I can't get a decent intensity.

-In addition to the fallout, mostly from the medium-dark matte shades, once the stuff attaches to your skin (under the eyes, of course), it is practically impossible to get off without a makeup remover, so I'd have to do my eyes first, which I usually do anyway, but I can't even blend this stuff off with fdn or a brush, I have to actually use remover. The same goes for when I apply these shades to the crease - they apply rather unevenly, and once on, just cannot be blended or cleaned up without a lot of effort or remover.

I've played with all sorts of combinations, ALWAYS use the NARS primer, use very high quality brushes, and the same general techniques as for the likes of Tom Ford and CdP (my staples), and every time I try this LORAC palette it looks "muddy", and that it STILL needs blending and cleaning up, and I just don't have that kind of time.

I don't want to have to WORK to make my makeup work.....

I'm going to skip a review of the packaging (typical LORAC short-sightedness) since it's been covered before, and it isn't half as important to me as the actual product and product delivery.

on 3/15/2015 4:46:00 AM

What is there not to love about this palette? I have had the Naked 1 and 2 since their release and have tried to love eyeshadows but it didn't happen. If like me, you're a neutral lover who doesn't venture out beyond browns and bronzes hues in the lids.. You need this palette in your life. I never thought I would like a palette so much! Every single colour will be used as opposed to some colour in the Nakeds, leaving others untouched.

I only have one gripe with this product and it is the packaging. It does attract finger prints and glitter. Besides that I appreciate it being minimal, slim and sophisticated. The mirror is decent in size.
That aside, the product is phenomenal. The eyeshades are crazy pigmented. Each colour comes off as seen in the pan. Some brushes may pick up extra product so tap off the excess to avoid fallout when blending.

On my NC20-25 Asian skin tone, Gold does not seem to agree. However when Gold and Taupe are mixed.. A strikingly beautiful copper is created. Similarly when Gold is mixed with Lt. Bronze.. rose gold is born! I love these combos as all over the lid colours.
Slate, Deep Purple and Garnet make for wonderful quick smokey eyes.
Taupe, Mauve, Sable and Espresso are fantastic as transition shades. Extra mention for Mauve - simply stunning.
White is this creamy White.. Nothing stark as I have seen in other palettes. All over base colour to the brow bone? Works wonderfully.
Cream and Lt. Pink are mostly used to buff out eyeshadow! But they can be used over the lid also.

Buy this palette! Hailing from Australia.. I thought long and hard about this palette.. Because there is simply so much on the market. But hunting this down was worth it. Before being able to get my hands on this.. I purchased Too Face's Chocolate and Semi Sweet.. They're nice but do not compare. Why settle for nice when there's extraordinary?

I don't need any other palette in my life.

on 12/8/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm always looking for a neutral eyeshadow palette. I'm an eyeshadow palette hoarder, it's unhealthy. I'm obsessed with this palette, I use it every single day, everytime I do my makeup. I neglect my other palettes because I'm always using this one. The palette itself is a dust magnet. Everything sticks to it, the lettering is fading and chipping. I've had My palette for almost a year and it looks pretty beat up. Which is okay, because that just mean it's been loved. there's also a nice sized mirror that you can easily use to apply your makeup, if needed. This palette gives you a variety of finishes and shades. The top row is matte and the bottom is shimmer and satin finish. From left to right, the palette goes from light to dark. With the wide variety of shades/finish, you can create an eye look for any time of the day. There's a good amount of product in each pan. Every eyeshadow is super pigmented and creamy. These eyeshadows show up well and are long lasting with or without an eyeshadow primer. I haven't noticed any fallout or anything. My biggest fear when buying palettes is not knowing if I'm going to use the majority of the eyeshadows. I don't have that problem with this palette. I've used/like every eyeshadow in this palette, every shade is wearable, Imo. A lot of people compare this to Urban Decay's Naked. I don't think they're the same in any way- there's two different palettes, two different concepts. I like the Naked palette and everything, but I prefer the pro palette. Maybe because this palette provides more matte shades, I don't know. I recently started project 10 pan. Project 10 Pan is when you choose 10 products that you want to hit pan on or finish, for whatever reason. It can be makeup, skincare, haircare, whatever you want. I've hit pan on sable, espresso and pewter, and I put a dent in sable and mauve. Lt Bronze, Slate, and Garnet are my new-found favorites. Nude, champagne, and white are my favorite inner corner highlights. I can see myself finishing this palette by the fall.

on 9/5/2014 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Finally! A neutral palette that has a great combination of 8 shimmer and 8 matte shades! I was sold!! I use this palette often, almost every day for work and evenings out, the colours are pigmented, blends well, and complement my skin tone (NC50), unlike the Naked palettes from Urban Decay I was pleasantly surprised. I think the pros on the Lorac palette are pigmentation, quality and texture. I was hesitant to buy it because I had the Naked 1, 2 and Naked 3 palettes from Urban Decay, read the raving reviews on them, and they didnít work for me, too shimmery, not enough matte shades, and didnít do much for my skin tone. However, the Lorac pro palette colors are buttery, no fall out, no creasing, no need to apply a million times to achieve a rich color. It's incredibly versatile as well with its range of colors in both matte and shimmer. This palette raises the bar for quality in a way I've never experienced in a neutral palette. Great value for the money!

on 6/1/2014 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly i dont get the hype over this product. I've owned it for 6 months now and the shades aren't as pigmented as people make them out to be and there are far too many shades in this palette that are either too light are way too dark to use in a look. Overall i wouldn't purchase this again