Korres Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara Obsidian Black

Korres Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara Obsidian Black
Volcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara Obsidian BlackVolcanic Minerals Volumizing Mascara Obsidian Black

3.2

on 11/11/2017 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It gives lots of volume and color, but my lashes look so unnatural and spiky that it gives me the look of a halloween freak.

on 10/30/2017 5:33:00 AM

I'm on my second tube of Korres Vulcanic Mineras mascara. It goes on very smooth, and only turns clumpy after a few months of usage (I tend to change my mascaras once every 2 - 2.5 months because of this). I like that it's "natural" (not 100% sure if it's the case or a marketing stunt), and it gives me pretty good lashes.

However, and I don't know if it's connected to mascara, but I've been losing a lot of eyelashes lately. It is also exceptionally difficult to remove with makeup remover (I tried Cattier, and Uriage). Maybe all the rubbing makes my eyelashes fall off? I often have to use eye drops after removing it because there will be little bits of mascara in my eyes... It also runs very easily.

I will not repurchase, especially since I can have much better mascara for a smaller price..

on 1/24/2016 4:05:00 AM

This is a very good mascara providing great volume and decent length without any clumps. Hands down I would prefer a waterproof version but since it holds lenghts and curl the whole day I won't complain.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't understand these bad reviews. I found this at Marshall's for 3.99 and was in need of mascara so I bought it. I didn't expect much for 3.99 but OMG. I couldn't BELIEVE the length and curl this gave my lashes!!!!! I went to a holiday party and my lashes looked fresh the whole night. I went back and bought the other one at Marshall's. This is extra black too and my lashes are already black and this made them BLACKER!!!!

on 12/18/2014 11:04:00 PM

I don't understand the bad reviews. I love this mascara and I'm upset that I can't find it anywhere anymore. Now maybe it depends on that type of lashes that you have. I have long fine lashes. It give them a lot of volume and separates so nicely for me. Doesn't clump and doesn't smear under my eyes. If anyone knows where I can find it now could they please tell me where

on 11/8/2016 4:27:00 PM

I finally found it! A mascara that won‘ t clump, won‘ t smear and won‘ t look unnatural. It gives lashes reasonable length and thickening, nothing spectacular but neither less than one normally expects. Perfect!

on 9/8/2013 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was very disappointed with this mascara. It was okay when I first started to use. Nothing to write home about but not really worth returning. The mascara wand was okay but wasn't great at getting mascara on individual lashes. I have been more pleased with other brands at similar prices. After just a few weeks, it was dry and clumpy. I know you're supposed to throw away mascara after three months but this was ridiculous.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I tried another Korres mascara (Provitamin B5 & Rice Bran) and was sorely disappointed. I had high hopes because this, IMO, is considered a semi-high-end brand.
When I received a sample size of the Volcanic Minerals mascara, the first thing I noticed was the incredibly large brush. I was amazed it could fit in such a small container.
This mascara is definitely a winner in my books! It went on in one coat, whereas the B5 & Rice Bran took multiple coats to achieve the same look.
I will definitely purchase the full-size. It will be my first over $10 mascara I have ever purchased, but I believe it is worth it.

on 10/2/2013 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got this as a sample size in a package with lip balm. This mascara was ok for me. It gives nice fluttery lashes, but doesn't really volumize much. It seems to slowly rub off as the day goes on, so if I don't check in the mirror throughout the day, I'll definitely end up with a shadow of mascara under my eyes. I don't think I've ever ended up with full on raccoon eyes with this mascara, but that may be because I remembered to check and would clean it up occasionally through the day. I have combination/oily skin, so it might be ok on someone who has drier skin, but I don't really know.

I have bought this mascara twice and have never been disappointed. I think it only comes in one colour, which is Obsidian Black and it's quite dark. I really like the brush - not too big, and not one of those plastic bristles.I find it lengthens my lashes and gives just enough volume for everyday wear and can be layered for more intense volume. I don't find it flakes or smudges at all unless I'm picking at my eyes. It comes off easily with makeup remover or soap and water.