Desert Essence Coconut Hair Defrizzer and Heat Protector

No Image

3.0

Not tested on animals

I really liked the coconut conditioner when I had long hair, so I thought I might like this when I cut it short. I like the smell of this product, but didn't noticed any difference. Have it away after a few weeks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am huge fan of the DE Coconut line and had wanted to try this product but felt that the price was a bit steep for a de-tangler/de-frizzer. I finally found this on sale for $3.99 - normally it's almost $10. I personally wouldn't pay that much for this product, having used it now for a good while. The scent is not the same as the delicious coconut scent the shampoo and conditioner from this line. I do smell coconut but it has a funky note to it as well. I can't pinpoint it, but it isn't pleasant to me. This product has a watery texture. It gets everywhere when I spray it because of the nozzle. The one positive thing I can say is that it does a decent job detangling my hair, but I have to use a generous amount. I wash my hair every other day and this seems to leave it a bit greasy on day two. So, I don't think this product is worth the almost $10 it is sold for. There are much better detanglers/defrizzers out there in my opinion, so I wouldn't repurchase this.

on 3/12/2014 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

As with the shampoo that goes with this line, I am not impressed. It doesn't do anything for frizz for me personally nor does it heat protect. It's very thin and feels like it builds up on my hair when I keep trying to use it.

I see no difference with my curls or waves being tamed or becoming less frizzy, it literally just looks the same. As for heat protecting I feel like it isn't doing anything. If I dry my hair after it seems as dry as it does when I don't use it. I haven't had this issue with other protectors from other companies like L'Oreal's.

The plus for this product is the chemical free ingredients and the company's cruelty free commitment. I won't buy this again though.

on 9/12/2012 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a new product I think?! So far so good on this one. I love the desert essence coconut conditioner so I figured I would give this a try. Smells delicious (coconut) and seems to condition well and give lots of shine. I also bought the DE coconut shine and refine hair lotion which I really like too. They also came out with a curl serum which I have not purchased yet. I do think that these products work well and have some good ingredients in them. Great for curly hair especially I think!!