Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smoky Long-Wearing Shadow Pencil

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smoky Shadow Pencil

1.8

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I thought this would be a really cute thing to try on my eyes because I really never do a smoky eye because they just aren't my thing. But finding this at my local dollar tree I said what the heck and grabbed the shade in smoldering violet. I see why this product was discontinued. I didnt even wear it out of the house because It just would not cooperate with anything. 1. You can't sharpen it because it becomes too big to use for a whole lot. 2. The color transfer is horrible. It goes on patchy and uneven. 3. It's supposed to smudge and blend with the smudger, but really all it does is wipe away the color. The color itself was really pigmented and pretty though.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product was such a let down. The color payoff was nice but everything else sucked. You can't really smudge this with the smudge tip because it just erases the color. Also it's not very long wearing either it smudges very easily on it's own. It's not a nice smudge either. You think you'll end up with sexy smokey bedroom eyes but it just looks like you fell in a pool and smudged your eyes everywhere.The only thing i like this for is using it as a base for dark eyeshadows. Good thing they were only a dollar at dollar tree. I would never buy this full price.

on 10/20/2013 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

First off, I was trying to take a shortcut on making a GREAT smokey eye look. Bad me!! Shame shame shame!!

This pencil went on OK but as you kept trying it kinda tugged and pulled on the lid, a big NO NO.

Smudging was a nightmare and did almost nothing... if you don't use your finger in the .5 seconds before it sets... you're screwed... I don't know why this had any good reviews but if you got it to work congrats.

I have oily lids so I don't even see how this wouldn't smudge on my lid.. but it would smudge everywhere else.

I would not repurchase or recommend.. I might just use this to line my waterline since I don't think it has any other real use.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product on the face of it looks great. It is a double-ended chunky kohl pencil with a smudger on the other end. I never have much luck with smokey eyes so thought I would get it as part of a buy one get one free offer.

Firstly, I feel the pencil is just a touch too hard. It dragged on my lid and didn't deposit enough colour. I bought the black, which was more of a grey on my skin. It also comes in navy, chocolate, grey and violet by the way.

The spongey smudger is nice, but as the pencil is fairly hard it doesn't seem to smudge as much as I would like.

Overall, I didn't hate the look it gave me, and I'll probably use it again. But to be honest, I prefer a much smudgier look to my smokey eyes which this just didn't give, so it'll just be a quick fixer if I haven't got time.

Disappointed.