Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Smoky Long-Wearing Shadow Pencil

Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Smoky Long-Wearing Shadow Pencil
Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smoky Shadow Pencil

2.8

on 6/9/2015 1:03:00 AM

I bought this in smoldering violet,and I like it..It's easy to apply,can be used as shadow or liner and gives my eyes a sultry smoky look. This color looks great with green eyes.When I run out I'll probably try some of the other shades.It stayed on all day without a primer and that's definitely a plus.

on 4/12/2015 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found these at Dollar Tree in the blue and purple shades, and for a buck apiece, I thought, why not? Well, the colors are pretty. They don't really apply that evenly, however, and you'd think, well, I can fix it with the other end's blending tip. Not quite. On me it smudges a lot of the eyeliner off. Still, they'll work well with regular eyeshadows or to add a bit of color to a black base (or as a base with a bit of black added on top.) Nice effort by Maybelline, but it's not quite there.

Meh. Nice consistency and decent color payoff, BUT it was already smudging and wearing off by the time I finished putting on my mascara. Completely unimpressed.

I JUST GOT THIS YESTERDAY AND TRIED IT RIGHT AWAY...I GOT THE COLOR PURPLE AND IT SUCKS...ITS NOT PURPLE REALLY :( AND KINDA HARD TO GO ON AND YES THAT SMUDGER IS AN ERASER!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have the Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smoky Long-Wearing eyeliner/shadow pencil in Scorching Brown, and to be frank, I do really like this for everyday wear, AS AN EYELINER ONLY.

I was walking through Chemist Warehouse one day, and I saw this at the Maybelline stall, and it was on offer for about AU$7.00 and I immediately picked it up, and threw it into my shopping basket. I needed a new eyeliner, but as it's summer, I wanted something less harsh, but still something that will define my eyes. The Scorching Brown colour is beautiful, it's a dark coffee brown, and upon further inspection, has a slight iridescent shimmer, which helps make this wearable for many skin tones without being too heavy and harsh. I use the pencil on my lower lash line, heavier on the outer 2/3 of my lash line, and lighter on the inner 1/3. If I'm going for a more dramatic look, with either with my finger or a mac 217 brush, I smudge it out. Although, it doesn't smudge a lot, because it isn't creamy. I just smudge it a little, just to make it look effortless, and more bedroom eyes - esque. Chuck on some mascara, and I'm good to go! (Girls with glasses like me, this makes your eyes stand out through your glasses, if applied as an eyeliner, it's awesome!)

The smudge sponge on the pencil itself is terrible, but that's a reality with many eyeliner smudge sponges at the drugstore. I only use this product as an EYELINER, not an eyeshadow stick as it isn't creamy enough to put all over the eyelid with major tugging. I'm not a fan of tugging at my eyelid, and I imagine not many people are, so if you're looking for an eyeshadow stick in a similar colour (brown) and price range, let me steer you toward the Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow stick in Bad Girl Bronze.

The pencil doesn't have any noticeable scent, it didn't irritate me when I was wearing contact lenses, and I have quite sensitive eyes. When applied, it didn't feel heavy, so I have no problems wearing it all day, or to work or university.

The pencil lasted all day on my lower lash line/Water line and at the end of the day, it looked the same as it did when first applied. I don't have oily skin or problems with eye make up coming off, so it could smudge slightly on those who have oily skin, but it's not too creamy, so I don't imagine it slipping off dramatically. It came off easily with some eye make up remover or warm water, I didn't have to scrub my eyes to get it off!

All in all, it's a great eyeliner, that would suit and flatter so many skin tones. For the price it's good quality, but it's not a revolutionary product. It does the job of defining my eyes, and if I ever run out of it, I could see myself purchasing it again.