Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Smoky Long-Wearing Shadow Pencil

Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Smoky Long-Wearing Shadow Pencil
Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smoky Shadow Pencil

2.6

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I actually found this at dolar tree, so i decided to try it. I like it, it goes on smooth and blends good. I will buy this again

Can't believe all the bad reviews here! I bought this yesterday on a whim-the black one-and maybe they've changed the formula recently, but I was super impressed. I don't do an extreme smoky eye, but did line and smudge and I got a lot of compliments on my makeup. Plus, it lasted all night with no creasing which is big for me. I'm going to try other colors-love this!

This eyeliner is great! It isn't like the other smoky/smudge liners that wear off. After applying the line give it a few seconds to set a bit- but not too long bc when it sets it will be hard to work with. I'm loving smudging the line for a softer look then I apply some to outer v and buff as well. Also, if you want a more wearable wing this is perfect for that. I love this bc it can be used as a normal liner or you can buff it for a smudged or smoky look. I have the Smoking Charcoal and will be picking up more!

on 7/2/2013 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this pencil as an eyeliner not for smokey eyes and works beautifully. It stays for hours in my waterline and it doesnt smudges, also i use it for lining my upper lid and stays on all day without looking like a panda. Im a big fan of nars eyeliner in vía veneto but this works just as well for a third of the price. I had used the master drama eyeliner and was very dissapointed but this smoky thing is great! I havent use this for the intended purpose so i dont know if it works

on 6/9/2015 1:03:00 AM

I bought this in smoldering violet,and I like it..It's easy to apply,can be used as shadow or liner and gives my eyes a sultry smoky look. This color looks great with green eyes.When I run out I'll probably try some of the other shades.It stayed on all day without a primer and that's definitely a plus.

I got this at my local dollar tree yesterday,the shade I got it in is Emerald Fury and its like a grey green color,but I was hoping it would actually be more of a green emerald shade like the name.I have green eyes and emerald shades match them perfectly.Maybe the reason everyone is giving them bad reviews is because they have higher expectations about the color.But this is "Master Smoky" so it is darker because of a smoky eye I'm guessing.I like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I agree with many of the points reviewer laurakaaay mentions. This is perfectly fine as an everyday eyeliner. I have it in Scorching Brown. As an NC20 with blue eyes, this turned out to be a great choice for me. It's a nice black-brown which is not too dark, not too light.

I tend to apply it fairly lightly (see laurakaaay's technique below) and this works really well for me. I do use the smudger. Sure it is not the softest, squidgiest smudger but when laziness prevails, it is not terrible! I do not find it scratchy like someone mentioned but it is a tad firmer than I like. Meh, it does an ok job and it is more precise than my finger. It's very handy having it positioned on the other end of the pencil and it is protected by a well-fitting cap. I find that dabbing rather than swiping with it yields the best "bedroom eyes" smudges.

The staying power is good. I have fairly oily lids. Most of the time I am applying this alone and usually at the last minute before I rush out the door... I prep with a light application of pressed powder and find this is enough for the liner to stay put. After about 8 hours or so I see a faint transfer on my browbone but aside from this, it looks as good as when I applied it.

I had difficulty deciding whether to click yes or no to the question "Would you buy it again?" This is not really a revolutionary product and I'm sure there are probably better equivalents out there. I went with "No" in the end but that is not a reflection on how well it works. Give it a try, especially if it is on sale!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have the Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smoky Long-Wearing eyeliner/shadow pencil in Scorching Brown, and to be frank, I do really like this for everyday wear, AS AN EYELINER ONLY.

I was walking through Chemist Warehouse one day, and I saw this at the Maybelline stall, and it was on offer for about AU$7.00 and I immediately picked it up, and threw it into my shopping basket. I needed a new eyeliner, but as it's summer, I wanted something less harsh, but still something that will define my eyes. The Scorching Brown colour is beautiful, it's a dark coffee brown, and upon further inspection, has a slight iridescent shimmer, which helps make this wearable for many skin tones without being too heavy and harsh. I use the pencil on my lower lash line, heavier on the outer 2/3 of my lash line, and lighter on the inner 1/3. If I'm going for a more dramatic look, with either with my finger or a mac 217 brush, I smudge it out. Although, it doesn't smudge a lot, because it isn't creamy. I just smudge it a little, just to make it look effortless, and more bedroom eyes - esque. Chuck on some mascara, and I'm good to go! (Girls with glasses like me, this makes your eyes stand out through your glasses, if applied as an eyeliner, it's awesome!)

The smudge sponge on the pencil itself is terrible, but that's a reality with many eyeliner smudge sponges at the drugstore. I only use this product as an EYELINER, not an eyeshadow stick as it isn't creamy enough to put all over the eyelid with major tugging. I'm not a fan of tugging at my eyelid, and I imagine not many people are, so if you're looking for an eyeshadow stick in a similar colour (brown) and price range, let me steer you toward the Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow stick in Bad Girl Bronze.

The pencil doesn't have any noticeable scent, it didn't irritate me when I was wearing contact lenses, and I have quite sensitive eyes. When applied, it didn't feel heavy, so I have no problems wearing it all day, or to work or university.

The pencil lasted all day on my lower lash line/Water line and at the end of the day, it looked the same as it did when first applied. I don't have oily skin or problems with eye make up coming off, so it could smudge slightly on those who have oily skin, but it's not too creamy, so I don't imagine it slipping off dramatically. It came off easily with some eye make up remover or warm water, I didn't have to scrub my eyes to get it off!

All in all, it's a great eyeliner, that would suit and flatter so many skin tones. For the price it's good quality, but it's not a revolutionary product. It does the job of defining my eyes, and if I ever run out of it, I could see myself purchasing it again.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Pros: you can smudge it, wear it as eyeshadow, lasts all day
Cons: you cannot sharpen it and the tip gets dull
Also i got violet, and its a smoky plum/purple, i wish i got black instead.

I bought this as an every day eyeliner for work and school. I usually spoil myself and buy Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencils, but I want to find a good drugstore liner!

This is not it. The color goes on smoothly on my top lid. I don't line the bottom of my eyes for work or school. Just a simple line on the lid. It stays put. I've had no trouble smudging with the smudger. My main problem is the thickness of the liner itself. Sometimes I end up with a thicker line than I would like. Also, it somehow always ends up on the crease under my eyes after a long day. For the price, I would rebuy if it was a little thinner. Oh well. On to the next one! :)