Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smoky Long-Wearing Shadow Pencil

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smoky Long-Wearing Shadow Pencil
Maybelline Eye Studio Master Smoky Shadow Pencil

2.9

on 12/9/2015 9:12:00 PM

Horrible product. Crappy materials that were not smooth to apply at all, really patchy application all over the eyelid, and the blending tool was useless, just smearing it rather than blending!
I also got some mild-to-moderate eye irritation, which was just the cherry on top.
This product belongs in the bin.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product was such a let down. The color payoff was nice but everything else sucked. You can't really smudge this with the smudge tip because it just erases the color. Also it's not very long wearing either it smudges very easily on it's own. It's not a nice smudge either. You think you'll end up with sexy smokey bedroom eyes but it just looks like you fell in a pool and smudged your eyes everywhere.The only thing i like this for is using it as a base for dark eyeshadows. Good thing they were only a dollar at dollar tree. I would never buy this full price.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Pros: you can smudge it, wear it as eyeshadow, lasts all day
Cons: you cannot sharpen it and the tip gets dull
Also i got violet, and its a smoky plum/purple, i wish i got black instead.

I bought this as an every day eyeliner for work and school. I usually spoil myself and buy Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencils, but I want to find a good drugstore liner!

This is not it. The color goes on smoothly on my top lid. I don't line the bottom of my eyes for work or school. Just a simple line on the lid. It stays put. I've had no trouble smudging with the smudger. My main problem is the thickness of the liner itself. Sometimes I end up with a thicker line than I would like. Also, it somehow always ends up on the crease under my eyes after a long day. For the price, I would rebuy if it was a little thinner. Oh well. On to the next one! :)

This product is average. The eyeliner is quite soft and the smudger acts almost like an eraser, even with a light hand... It takes off the colour as much as it smudges.... Also the smudger is a wee bit scratchy IMO. The colour payoff is great but lasting power is below average. It's an easy way to create a smoky eye (I tend not to smoke out my bottom lashes) but the product could be better.

Can't believe all the bad reviews here! I bought this yesterday on a whim-the black one-and maybe they've changed the formula recently, but I was super impressed. I don't do an extreme smoky eye, but did line and smudge and I got a lot of compliments on my makeup. Plus, it lasted all night with no creasing which is big for me. I'm going to try other colors-love this!

on 11/24/2013 6:50:00 AM

I bought these in brown and purple in a 2 for 1 deal and I must say I actually like them and use them quite a lot. However, they don't really give you the smoky eyes that are promised and so if you're looking for something that leaves a lot of colour, there are better options out there.

I use it mostly during to the day and to work where I don't want my eye make-up to be too heavy and I must say that it's a pretty nice option for that, plus it is very travel friendly. I didn't expect it to be long-lasting as even a very thick line is very easily smudged into oblivion if you apply too much pressure, but it lasts long enough for me (around 5 hours I would say) and it's very easy to touch-up.

Overall I would probably not buy again though.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Yikes, I haven't reviewed a product in a long time but had to come on here to share how terrible this product is in hopes that others don't waste their money like I did. I am such a sucker for jumbo eyeliner pencils as I like a thick line on top to emphasize my big dark eyes. I bought this product in black and gray. I decided to try the black first. I took off the cap and as I went to apply it a huge chunk broke right off the end of the pencil, leaving a jagged, uneven tip. As I tried to softly roll the edges on a tissue to round out the tip, the whole tip just kept smashing into little pieces. I finally molded it into a suitable shape and was able to apply it. As I was doing this tiny black pieces of pencil were breaking off and causing a huge mess all over my hands. It seemed like this pencil had melted or something, or maybe this is just an awful product. Everyone is correct about the smudger tip being worthless. It basically rubs the product off and then you have to keep reapplying it every time you try to smudge it. It is very messy and time consuming. The next day I decided against my better judgment to give this product another chance. As I took off the cap, the entire pencil fell right out of the plastic and onto my bathroom counter. This is one of my most regretted makeup purchases and I'm sad that I actually bought two of them before trying it out.

on 7/2/2013 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this pencil as an eyeliner not for smokey eyes and works beautifully. It stays for hours in my waterline and it doesnt smudges, also i use it for lining my upper lid and stays on all day without looking like a panda. Im a big fan of nars eyeliner in vía veneto but this works just as well for a third of the price. I had used the master drama eyeliner and was very dissapointed but this smoky thing is great! I havent use this for the intended purpose so i dont know if it works

I'm also pretty disappointed with this product. I got it in 'violet' but for some reason it was the only violet in the store and there wasn't even a stand for it!

I was really excited to try it out and thought it would be a soft, smudgy effect but like the first reviewer has said, it's really quite tough and you have to press quite hard on the eye area to get a good line.

I don't think the colour is that great either. It's supposed to be 'violet' but comes out more a very very dark aubergine, almost black. I have purple eyeshadows which are better than this when applied with a wet brush.

For 6 I think this is a bit of a rip off and won't be repurchasing.