Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Red Lacquer (Shanghai Collection)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Red Lacquer (Shanghai Collection)

Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax) (Microcrystalline Wax), Synthetic Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 15850), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)

This is a gorgeous lipstick shade on me! It really fits the name of the collection. I used to have a little chinese(I think...lol...could be wrong) callendar glued on my closet's door(from the year I was born) and it said something in chinese on it, I guess, anyway, I don't have any idea of what it meant if it was anything written, and a picture of a girl wearing red lipstick. Very pretty. Even so, I stayed away even from very sheer red lipglosses until I was 16(tho I already was wearing heavy make-up all over) because I was afraid it made me look clownish and less pretty.

It's sheer at first but I can easily build it up to a pretty bright coral-tomato-red on my pale yellow-green toned skin. I LOVE IT!
I guess it also depends on your natural lipcolor. Mine is neither pale nor red or dark. I guess it won't show up that well on dark beige-y lips, especially if you're not pale. I love this about it because most red lipsticks are sooo pigmented and they look very bright on me. I feel like my lips steal all the attention then and I dislike that. They still steal a lot of it with this on but I don't usually wear it with simple eyes so my eyes get a lot of it too.

A few classmates of mine and my mom tried it on and it looks more like an orange on them(sheerer). Still pretty, IMO.

The packaging is nice, lovely, simple and I like that I can see the shade through the cap and on the sticker on the bottom, together with its name and its finish. About that, this really doesn't look/feel like a frost finish. I see NO FROST!
It's not very moisturizing(which is a feature of frost lipsticks), though it isn't drying either(unless you eat or drink with it on but then most if not all lipsticks turn dry...). It doesn't fade much if you drink a bit of water. I wear lipbalm under everything, anyway.

I think the price is lovely in the US but it's expensive for our drugstores. It's 11$ something, not far from a MAC for people in the US. A MAC one is 24$ here instead of 15$ there while the average income/a month is 300$ here so yeah...

One downside of it is that it contains Aloe....I KNOW, IT IS GREAT BUT ONLY FOR MOST PEOPLE. Some are more or less allergic to it. I read stories of people that got severe burns from it. Thank god it's not that bad in my case. My skin reddened a bit after I applied a 99% aloe gel over it. I quickly washed it all off. This lipstick has like 2% aloe, I think, and it's not even in the juice form so it may not even be effective(that's good for me, lol).

on 9/10/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Don't be fooled by the promo image with Emma Stone that accompanies the Shanghai Collection -- Red Lacquer is very similar to Revlon's Cha Cha Cherry in that it's a really nice sheer, daytime red but not a rich, opaque red.

I do love the color, but I subtracted 1 lipstick from my overall rating because this was represented as a full-coverage color and while I love it, I'm sure plenty of people will feel tricked by the advertising.

The lipstick goes on smooth and the wear is okay -- it's definitely not meant to be a long-lasting lip color; it doesn't bleed or feather but will have to be re-applied after eating or drinking.

If you are looking for a beautiful, mid-60s semi-sheer daytime red, this is probably the best I've found so far. But if you're looking for a nice, rich, creamy opaque red, keep searching.