Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Red Lacquer (Shanghai Collection)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Red Lacquer (Shanghai Collection)

2.4

Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax) (Microcrystalline Wax), Synthetic Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 15850), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)

This was gifted to me by one of my best friends, as she knows I'm such a red lipstick fiend. I'm so used to wearing the brightest, darkest, boldest, most matte reds, that when I applied this I was flabbergasted at how sheer it is. It's more of a tinted lip balm rather than a lipstick! The color pulls very red orange on me, and while I've worn this a couple of times out, I still prefer more opaque and long-lasting lip colors. This feels comfortable on the lips, though. What I do is just wear this around the house when I'm just staying in. Yes, I'm one of those types who likes wearing lipstick around the house! ;)

on 7/24/2015 7:55:00 PM

How many ways can you say ho hum? What a boring lippie. It's not that it's sheer, it's that Revlon just could have made a great red/coral/pink ls and this does nothing. It's just boring to me. I returned it.

Not sure why this is rated so low...

Yes it is sheerer, but that can't be the worse possible thing..

And i wouldn't even consider it sheer- it's more semi opaque.

Its moisturizing, goes on very easily, and leaves a stain.

The colour itself.... eh. Seems like a filler product.

Wouldn't buy again

on 6/22/2014 9:20:00 PM

I love this lipstick because it's not too pigmented (if you like really pigmented lipsticks stay away from this one). You can layer it and build the color and it's not too drying! It's staying power is okay and I would purchase it again for sure!

This is not a lipstick! It has the colour payoff of a tinted lip balm no matter how many layers you put on. Revlon, I am disappointed with you. In Australia the Superlustrous lipsticks cost between $18-23 depending on where you buy and whether they are on sale. Paying this for something with so little payoff is ridiculous. It lasts about 2 hours and leaves a slight stain on your lips. The only plus is that, yes you can apply it without a lipliner and without looking in the mirror. It will work for people who don't like heavy colour or full on red lips, but you would be just as well off buying a Burts Bees tinted lipbalm for considerably less than half the price. Revlon has dropped the ball with a few of its latest lip offerings and really these days I'd rather spend my money on Rimmel, even if Rimmel does have a slight taste and fragrance. Definitely not impressed!!!!