Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Red Lacquer (Shanghai Collection)

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Red Lacquer (Shanghai Collection)

3.5

Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax) (Microcrystalline Wax), Synthetic Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 15850), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My understanding of the lacquering process is that it's a hundred thin coats of a sheerly pigmented fluid that adds up to a richly pigmented color. This is a sheer red. It's a cool-toned orange red that can be built up fairly well, although on its own it'll never be a "ka-pow!" red. Average wear for a Revlon, (doesn't wear off in minutes, but isn't "long wearing," either) with no noticeable taste or smell. My husband loves this color on me, for some reason.

I think the ad picture was Red Lacquer over Cherry Blossom, which is a very vibrant hot pink. Not strictly dishonest, but not the impressionof Red Lacquer I would have had without blogger pictures. Since I knew ahead, I really like it.

on 9/10/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Don't be fooled by the promo image with Emma Stone that accompanies the Shanghai Collection -- Red Lacquer is very similar to Revlon's Cha Cha Cherry in that it's a really nice sheer, daytime red but not a rich, opaque red.

I do love the color, but I subtracted 1 lipstick from my overall rating because this was represented as a full-coverage color and while I love it, I'm sure plenty of people will feel tricked by the advertising.

The lipstick goes on smooth and the wear is okay -- it's definitely not meant to be a long-lasting lip color; it doesn't bleed or feather but will have to be re-applied after eating or drinking.

If you are looking for a beautiful, mid-60s semi-sheer daytime red, this is probably the best I've found so far. But if you're looking for a nice, rich, creamy opaque red, keep searching.