Jo Malone blackberry and bay

Jo Malone blackberry and bay

3.3

on 3/18/2017 5:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Very linear, as usual for Jo Malone, but a lovely summer bramble and berries scent with crisp green behind. Very nice. I only wish it were a bit cheaper because it doesn't last long on me and for the price, I'd like it to have just a little more longevity.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of this in hopes of that it would be a less watered down version of Trish McEvoy's No. 9 fragrance. Not the case and it smells something similar to a Bath & Body Works Fragrance. I will not repurchase.

on 6/30/2015 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this as a Hand & Body gel (Shower gel) from a friend - so the price was right!! Smells sweet with a strong Blackberry top note that fades into a woodsy (not too Bay - thankfuly for me) base. Nice.

on 11/30/2016 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The first spray reminds me of grapefruit then it dries down to a more masculin woody scent with a soapy undertone. It's very unisex imo although it's catered to woman. I would love this in a candle but as a fragrance it's not full bottle worthy to me.

I usually blow through bottles of whatever I like at the moment, but I keep going back to this one. It's perfect for the summer-to-fall transition and smells irresistible. I know L'Artisan's Mre et Musc is one of the best blackberry fragrances around (or it was, until they reformulated), so this is really satisfying my craving for something heady and lush and delicious. I don't believe in gendering fragrances but even if I did, this would work for men just as well as women.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

There's something sharp, almost like deodorant after being worn for awhile, about this scent I do not like.

on 5/26/2014 9:42:00 AM

Well, I had no expectations of this particular Jo Malone fragrance because I'd never sniffed nor worn anything like it. I love to eat berries of all kinds and that includes blackberries, lol. I like the way bay smells because I'd remembered the way the bay bushes smelled during Thanksgiving holidays in Virginia. Like all Jo Malone fragrances that contain fruit notes I found the blackberry to be authentic, meaning natural smelling.

As far as they bay is concerned, to my nose it's not the primary note in the fragrance, but it is still present and fresh smelling. Frankly I could take it or leave it as a stand-alone fragrance. The magic of this scent is how MIXABLE it is. I tried it with the Lime Blossom and it seemed to heighten the notes of all three notes. I tried it with Nectarine and found it to do the same thing! tried it with Roses and - no, not so much the Roses, lol.

So, if you enjoy Jo Malone fragrances in general, don't give up on this one! Simply ask for a sample vial and try it with those fragrances that you already own. Good luck! :>)

on 3/26/2014 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This smelled promising on the tester strip, but on my wrist it briefly smelled like blackberries and turned into a very masculine cologne stench. I don't notice any bay leaf in this, just cologne. Disappointing because I enjoy blackberry-based scents.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love love love this. It smells very simple, clean and uncomplicated. A fruity, blackberry scent. Lasts well too.

The packaging is classic, love it to bits.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Received a sample of this recently. I've worn it alone and layered with other axents. Not a fan. A bit too sharp smelling for me and it gives me a headache.

Popular Fragrances